1.01.2010

Hello, 2010

I can't believe it is 2010.
The year Twenty Ten. Wow.
We aren't big "New Years Eve" people.
We usually just have friends over for dinner & then play games.
But not this New Years Eve...we had fun plans to go out!
My best friend & her husband were in town from Colorado, so we were excited to be able to ring in the New Year together!
My parents are awesome & babysat the girls for us so we could go out.
Our night started off at my favorite restaurant in town.
It was Kevin & I along with 4 other couples.
Good food, good wine & great company.
There was clearly no shortage of wine.
Around 11:30 the waiters started bringing out complimentary glasses of champagne to everyone who was still at the restaurant.
Then, at 11:45 Kevin's cell phone rang.
It was my dad.
They had been trying to call my cell phone for 10 minutes. oops.
Kate was throwing up & my mom was taking care of her in the bathroom.

Kevin and I (obviously) left immediately to go get the girls.
Luckily, the restaurant is only a few minutes from my parents house.
We got there at 11:57 pm.
Poor little Kate was wrapped up in a towel because her pj's were soiled.
Claire was upstairs in the crib crying because all the commotion woke her up.
Since we only had 3 minutes to spare until midnight, we turned on the TV and watched the ball drop with my parents.
So, both our girls were awake at midnight to help us ring in the new year, stomach flu style.

Good times, Good times.

The good news is Kate was feeling much better today & no one else in our household has gotten Kate's stomach bug...yet. (*fingers crossed*)

Hope you have a HEALTHY & HAPPY New Year...that's what I am hoping for!

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! What a way to ring in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww.. poor thing! camden woke up at 11:50 with a croupy cough and cried til 12:15. so random! i'm glad you enjoyed a few hours out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I hope that nobody else gets it, the stomach flu is the worst! :(
    Glad you were able to get out for a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate and I are on the same wavelength...no throwing up for me, but I am down for the count! Hope my kids don't get it and hope I'm well enough to go to school on Monday! Hope Kate is feeling better and that no one else gets sick.
    See you soon!
    P.S. You used one of Lesly's favorite words ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed visiting your blog this past year. I especially love your photos... I hope this year brings you & your family many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously praying that noone catches it!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! And kisses to those little sweeties :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We started 2009 with a stomach bug. Thankfully this year was uneventful and we were in bed asleep by 10:30. We really know how to party (I'm blaming pregnancy for my boring-ness).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor baby! At least it made for a memorable New Year celebration! Your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin