12.31.2009

Dear 2009,

Dear 2009,

It is time for your letter.
You might remember, I wrote a letter to 2008 last New Year's Eve.
Now this year has come to an end, so here you go!

You have been a really great year!
Kevin and I were talking today about how we feel so blessed because 2009 was a good year for us even though it was a hard year for so many people.
This year was the end of a decade & it also marked the end of my 20's and the beginning of my life as a thirty-something (that still kind of freaks me out!)

I started this decade as a clueless 20 year old who was a junior in college.
I ended this decade as a 30 year old, wife, mom of 2 beautiful girls, homeowner, college graduate & tenured teacher.
It has been an amazing decade, the best of my life for sure. I am kind of sad to see it end, but I am excited to see what the next decade holds in store for me & my family.

Here are some of the highlights of our year month by month!

January:
Kate's 2nd Birthday Party
February:
Wine tasting on Valentine's Day with Reid & Kelly
March:
Taking the girls to the city with my mom
April:
Kevin passing hisGeneral Comp Test for Real Estate Appraisal
(didn't blog about it, but it was a HUGE accomplishment & big hurdle for his career and it meant no more studying & more family time!
May:
My 30th Birthday!
June:
Getting my new camera
July:
Lake Tahoe
August:
Potty Training Kate
September:
Claire turning 1
October:
Halloween & Trick or Treating
November:
MKL Designs, my little side business of photography & designing Christmas cards!
{I made over 50 Christmas Cards this year. Amazing!}
December:
Being a part of Project 320, going to So Cal & seeing how God worked in big ways!
Of course these were just some of the highlights of the year and there were tons of day to day things that I loved about 2009...
getting more involved in our church,
weekly playdates with Becky, Maddie & Samuel,
the challenges of teaching 1 more class,
going on fun trips with kids (Tahoe 4 times, Pebble Beach, & our staycation)
and without kids (to Florida & Vegas),
seeing Kate become more independent,
and
watching Claire morph from a baby to a toddler.
Most of Claire's "firsts" were in 2009 (teeth, crawling, walking, etc)

2009 has been a year where God has shown me His love, grace and faithfulness over and over and over again!

So, thanks for the memories 2009 & thanks for being a fun year & a wonderful end to a great decade.

You will be missed, but I look forward to see what 2010 has in store!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this post!! 2009 sounds like it was a great year for your family, and I'm sure 2010 will be too!

    Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I think that I may need to copy you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EE Main Admit Card 2020 has released on 6th December 2019 by NTA. Candidates can check JEE Main Hall Ticket 2020 dates, download jee main admit card 2020

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2 recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it's really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 12 days of using the herbal medicine. I'm here to let y'all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr Oyagu and his herbal exploit. Contact him via email: oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Immerse yourself in Healing Buddha's serene centers in Bangalore and Manipal, designed to offer a tranquil environment for profound energy healing journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dive into the lives of business tycoons and industry giants. The Global Hues provides a comprehensive look at the experiences and strategies that have led these individuals to the top of their fields.
    theglobalhues

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin