5.31.2009

The BIG 3-0

Yesterday I turned the big 3-0.
It was also my Golden Birthday
(turning 30 on the 30th)

Turning 30 was a little weird for me. It seemed so...old!!! I started freaking out about it a few months ago, but then as it got closer, I tried to embrace it a little more. It is weird not being in my 20's anymore. *sigh*.
I don't know why 30 was feeling like a hard birthday.
I LOVED my 20's.
I graduated college, met Kevin, got engaged, got married, bought our houses & had our 2 little girls all while I was in my 20's.
What I do know is that my life is exactly how I imagined it at 30. I know I am so blessed & I am truly happy with where I am in life. I have an amazing husband, 2 precious girls, a cozy home, great job & an awesome family who all live within 10 minutes of us.

Because my birthday fell on a Saturday, the whole weekend ended up being a celebration! Kevin's parents took me & Kevin to Peasant & the Pear on Friday night. One of my favorite local restaurants! We celebrated with my parents & sisters tonight with ribs at my parents. Jimmy makes the best ribs ever!

On my birthday morning Kevin let me sleep in & when I woke up and went downstairs I had a bouquet of flowers, a balloon & a vanilla latte from Pete's. (The balloon was Kate's idea). I got a sweet card & my present from Kevin was tickets to see Wicked this summer! Yay! I can't wait! I have been nagging him to go for the past few months! Thanks Kevin!
I ran some errands in the early afternoon & I took Kevin's car. When I got back, I pulled into the driveway & was waving to our neighbor Brian. Because of this, I didn't notice Kevin's lawn mower in the garage and I proceeded to run into it & scratched Kevin's bumper. Nice. Go me.

Elyse, my older sister came over in the afternoon to set up decorations for my pre-party! She got me that crown that I had to wear throughout the night. Love it!

Friends came over for appetizers & drinks before we left for the city!

My BFF (Anna-Karin) since 5th grade & her husband flew in from Colorado for my birthday. And, one of my other best friends, (Sue) since preschool at CPP drove up from Santa Barbara to help me celebrate! These 2 are life long friends who I am so blessed to have in my life. I wish they lived closer!
AK, me & Sue

My sisters & I with 2 of my best friends!

With my long lost 3rd sister Caryn

Don't worry, I'm just taking shots of champagne

For dinner, we headed to Roy's in San Francisco
I am so bummed I forgot to get a picture of all 14 of us at our table, but here are some couple shots:
Me & Kevin

Greg & AK

Leif & Caryn

Sue & Jon
Elyse & Becks
Johnny Cat & Carrie

Kristin & Bryan

My "hula" pie that Johnny Cat had made just for me!

Sisters!


It was so great spending my 30th with such good friends who all hold a special place in my heart!

I felt SO loved on my birthday & am thankful for my friends & family who celebrated with me!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Happy Birthday! That looks like so much fun, and I've heard great things about th Peasant & the Pear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! 30s aint so bad. I love Roy's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute blog! Happy 30th Birthday (little late). It looks like you had a blast. I LOVE Roy's and Peasant & the Pear...good picks! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin