12.09.2012

Luke: 4 months Old

 Our Lukey Guy is 4 months old today!!!
1/3 of a year old. Crazy how fast time has flown by.
It was exactly one year ago today that I found out that I was pregnant.
What a surprise that was! So thankful for this little guy even though he made me SO sick.
 Here are Luke's 4 month stats:
Weight: 16 lbs 3 oz (75th %)
Height: 26 inches (90th %)
Clothing:  3-6 months & 6 months
Diapers: Size 2
 Luke is a total chunk-a-monk. 75th% in weight & 90th% in height. CRAZY.
I mean, look at his thighs. Ridiculous.
The girls were (are) such skinny mini's, so I am not used to having such a big baby!
 Luke's 4 month check up was on Friday & it couldn't have come at a better time.
Luke does not like to sleep. The past 2 weeks have been ROUGH.
Once 10pm hits, he screams. And cries. For no reason. For hours.
It is worse than having a newborn. He has digressed. 
He is still totally happy & smiley during the day, but once 10pm hits...watch out.
Kevin and I are EXHAUSTED. Good thing Luke is cute :)
 We have been (unsucessfully) trying to get him out of our room and into his own room/crib.
But, he just doesn't like being in his crib. Even though I am a 3rd time mom, I honestly feel like a 1st time mom when it comes to Luke & his sleeping issues. The girls were horrible sleepers, but Luke is even worse. I didn't think that was possible. Ha!
So, we are pretty sleep deprived over here, but after talking with our pediatrician on Friday, she gave me some tips to help transition him to his crib.
He actually slept 4 hours in his crib on Friday night. 
Which was a much better improvement from his previous record of 1 hour & 15 minutes.
Baby steps, right?

And, because I love comparison pics, here are all three at 4 months old:
*****************************
Also, don't forget about the Cookie Recipe Exchange this Wednesday, 12.12.12
Some fun news regarding the link up....there will also be a cookbook giveaway!
You will get an extra entry if you link up a recipe!
Stay tuned for details!

9 comments:

  1. Love your updates! I have a one month old (6 weeks exactly) and she is sleeping ok. But I would love to know what your pediatrician said about the crib issues. We have Abigail's rocker/chair in her crib to help her sleep better in it and get comfy with being in her room. Keep plugging along. Everyone tells me 'things will get better' and they have somewhat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable. I came from Mom's Mingle, following on GFC. Would love to have you follow me back.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad he's doing better in his crib! Four hours is a definite improvement! Hopefully it keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to hear what your doctor said, too. Both of my boys are/were particularly clingy. I don't mind too much, but I have to go back to working two nights a week in mid January and my husband needs to be able to get our littlest to sleep. He's 7 weeks now, so we've got 5 weeks to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I'm Hanna. He is adorable!!! I found you on the Monday Blog Hop!!! Your blog is GREAT! I love making new friends!!! Happy Holidays to you:) You can find me at
    www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those chubby legs! Can't wait for the cookie exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you read Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child? I just re-visted that book last week, when I'd reached the end of my sleep-deprivation rope. Last night I got up ONCE to feed Aaron (five months), and once to replace is pacifier. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those chubby legs and the comparison pics! Sorry you aren't getting any sleep:(.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have cute kids. Can I ask what editing program you use to add the names and ages on a photo?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin