8.07.2009

Scenes from our week

It was a BUSY & fun filled week!
Here is a sneak peek of some scenes from the past week!
Sunday:
After church we headed to Half Moon Bay for Leif's surprise 30th birthday party. Caryn rented a house in Half Moon Bay & surprised Leif throughout the weekend with different friends coming into town. We all showed up at the beach on Sunday afternoon. This pic is Leif's reaction to his college roommate from Seattle showing up at the beach. Love it!
Leif was most surprised about 2 of his college roommates who came all the way from Seattle! We wish we could have stayed overnight at the house with everyone, but the girls and I were leaving for Tahoe Monday morning with my family. We had a great day at the beach with them & a wonderful dinner back at the house!



Monday:
Heading up to Tahoe! The only picture I have from Monday is of Claire on the "bear" rug at the house.
Kate on the "bear rug" in August of 2007

On this trip, we weren't able to access internet on our laptops. Luckily, my dad just purchased 12 3G Netbooks (they are like mini-laptops) for his work. He brought 3 of them to Tahoe to program them for work, so my sisters and I benefited from these awesome devices & were able to check our email & facebook while we were away. I mean, what would we do without internet for a week?!?!
Tuesday:
Elyse's 32nd Birthday! We headed to the Tahoe Keys Beach for a bit.




Then while the girls were napping, my mom stayed at the house and my dad & sisters & I headed down to The Beacon to get a Rum Runner in honor of El's birthday. SO good!

I made these for her birthday dessert:
And, of course, Jimmy brought good wine, Layer Cake for this occasion!
Wednesday:
We had a mellow day at the house. We went back to The Beacon with the girls because on Wednesday afternoons they have a free band.
The girls were awesome & loved "dancing" to the music. Of course, us adults had more rum runners. Kate practically ate her weight in their warm Spinach Dip. If you know Kate, she doesn't eat much, but she couldn't stop eating this Spinach Dip! It was delicious! I wish I had asked for the recipe...
We decided to relax in the hot tub before dinner!
Thursday:
We woke up and it was cold. REALLY cold. Like, 48 degrees & raining on and off.
Kate REALLY wanted to go to the beach again to play in the sand, so we bundled up and went. We lasted 5 minutes.
Later that afternoon, my parents watched the girls while my sisters and I went to get latte's and do a little shopping. Since we were in South Lake Tahoe, we also played the slots! I only spent $2. It provided me with 2 minutes of entertainment. Elyse, won $11. Sweet!
Each night my dad and sisters and I played Mexican Train Dominoes. LOVE this game. Rebecca and I were the 2 winners of this trip! We're not competive or anything...
Friday:
Our last day. It wasn't as cold as yesterday, but it was still only 62 degrees. We wanted 1 last Beach Day before we headed out of town. We got a later start than we hoped to because we had to pack up & clean. And, because Kate was wide awake last night/this morning from 2:30 until 6:30. She fell asleep until 9 am, but my awesome family let me nap from 8am until 11 am. Which saved me because we were up until after midnight playing dominoes...

We went to Jameson Beach & then stopped at our favorite ice cream place in Camp Richardson.
They have the most ridiculous sized ice cream cones. This was my cone...it is considered a single scoop! It is so big, they let you pick 2 flavors for their single scoop.
Kate got the kids size and Claire kept stealing bites of it.
We had a great week in Tahoe, but am exausted and so happy to be home. We all missed Kevin who had to work all week!

1 comment:

  1. You and your sisters are adorable, that looks like so much fun. Makes me want to go to Tahoe!

    And that ice cream... oh my gosh... YUM.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin