6.06.2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

These are some of my favorite cupcakes

Is your mouth watering yet?

Last night I made some as a house warming present for my younger sister.
She moved into a condo with her friend & co-worker Lauren.

Don't you want to make some? They are so easy to make!
Here's how!

You need a box of chocolate cake mix & mix according to the directions on the box.
I buy whatever is on sale!
You need a package of pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough.
Fill 24 cupcake liners about half full with batter & use 1 cookie dough chunk per cupcake.Bird's eye view:
Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
(Depending on how your oven cooks)

This is what they will look like when they come out.

When the cupcakes are baking, make your frosting.
(Or, you can use store bought frosting in a can, but I hate that stuff!!)
 

I always make 5 minute Buttercream Frosting. 

For these cupcakes, I like vanilla buttercream or coffee buttercream frosting.

 
It is super easy to make. This is what you need:
1 box of powdered sugar
1/4 c milk
1 stick of butter at room temperature
1 tsp of vanilla
Mix with a mixer & then I put it in a ziplock bag, cut a hole in the corner & squeeze the bag to frost my cupcakes.
This is a great frosting & really versatile. You can add cocoa powder to make chocolate frosting. Sometimes I had cream cheese to thicken it up more.
 

My favorite frosting for these is to add a spoonful of Vanilla Coffee or Cappuchinno Instant Coffee to make a Coffee flavored buttercream. Delicious!

After the cupcakes have cooled, frost!
Yum.
They are SO good & SO easy to make!
The middle is the best part!
Kate had fun making eating them & I hope you will too!Enjoy!

26 comments:

  1. ummm. we just moved into our new place 10 days ago... waiting, waiting, waiting for some house warming cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made those for a cupcake swap a few years ago! They were a HIT and soooo easy to make!! There is another swap in the works, so I think I might have to make a batch (or two...one for home) again soon!

    On a similar note: how did you get the frosting to look so pretty? Did I miss that part in the post? Mine always look like Faith smeared the cakes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMMMM... those look amazing.. I am going to try those for sure! And I'm with you- I dont like canned frosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is mind kind of dessert! I will be trying this soon!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun idea!

    my mom used to make cupcakes with candy bars in the inside, but cookies would be so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH. MY! These will surely become a favorite of mine. YUM! I've never heard of these before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW these look amazing! So does your other post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I love these cupcakes! And this is a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now theas look GRATE, think this will be what I make next time I have visters over, just that I make everthing from scatch..... MMMMMMM can't wait to try theas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look SO good! I'm going to have to try them...

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANK YOU for sending me this link. Did I say I didn't want to see another cupcake today? Because as I read this I was also searching for my keys...to buy the ingredients...

    YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this recipe when you originally posted it, but finally got to try it this week. YUM!!! Made it for a housewarming party and they were a big hit! The frosting is amazing, too! Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just have to tell you, I saw your post two days ago and in the same night of reading it, I went to the market and bought the ingredients only to come home and make them! Mouth Watering!! My whole fam loved them (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is like cheating! I'm gonna try this tonight while I'm babysitting 4 extras kids (surprise from my husband!) I like the entire gang, my 3 included, oops 4 (ME) will enjoy them too! Thanks for posting on 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How Yummie! I posted your recipe and link on my blog! BTW- Your daughter is a cutie patutie and I just love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Going to have to try these for sure! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness these look fantastic. definitely my next project! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot wait to make these for my kids! They love cookie dough more than anything. So glad you commented on my blog! I will definitely be coming back to read often!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look fabulous! Wish I could make them right now :) I love your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look so decadent! What a great concept!

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://ohbabyshowerdecor.blogspot.com/2011/06/real-party-40th-birthday-dinner.html

    I used these in a dessert table! They were a hit! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just made these this weekend with my 3 year old and my 4 year old niece at our first slumber party. they were a huge hit. It made a lot so we have been giving them to friends and family with rave reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Thank You Very much Doctor Otonokpo for making my ex boyfriend come back to me. I am Cordelia Sandra from Brazil and i am putting this testimony here too because i want to share my testimony of how i was helped by Doctor Otonokpo within 48 hours of contacting him. Yes, it was last week my ex boyfriend returned to me after i contacted Doctor Otonokpo. My boyfriend was always going back to meet his ex girlfriend because he never really left her. Her name was Sophie. I didn't know how it happened one day after breakfast that i saw him looking at his ex girlfriend's picture on Facebook and I flared at him that he doesn't care about him and he was with me and still thinking about his ex although we have been dating for 6 months. He stormed at me and left the house and never returned. I was heartbroken and wanted him to come back. I was in a nightclub with friend one evening that I saw him with Sophie there, I was humiliated that night and I regretted going there only to see him there. I went online after some days and found Doctor Otonokpo and read about him and I contacted him to help me get him back. I must say that within 48 hours, my boyfriend came back to me and pleaded for leaving me. Is this how spell works so fast? Please, if you want help, contact Doctor Otonokpo too to help you at otonokpotemple@gmail.com
    Call/WhatsApp +2348114129781

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin