2.02.2018

Jalapeño Bacon Corn Dip

I don't know about you, but I love a good dip.
One of my favorite go-to dips is my Corn Dip
Everyone loves that dip! 
I decided to tweak that recipe a bit...add bacon & then make it a warm dip by baking it in the oven.
Everything is better with bacon :)
Since the Superbowl is this weekend, I thought I would share it with you in case you need to bring an appetizer to a Superbowl Party!
 Here is what you need:
Block of Cream Cheese, softened (I use 1/3 fat)
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 can Yellow Corn 
1 can of diced green chilles
1 can of diced jalapenos
3 green onions, chopped
6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
Dash of cayenne pepper

 Directions:
I soften my cream cheese in the microwave for about a minute. In a bowl, add the cream cheese, 1/2 cup Sour Cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, Lawry's & Cayenne Pepper:
 Mix with a hand mixer until it is all combined:
 Then add your drained can of corn, drained can of jalapenos, green chilies, chopped green onions & cooked/chopped bacon (I bake my bacon in a 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes)
 Stir it all together:
Put in a baking dish:
 Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes (until it is heated through & the cheese is melty)

I set aside some extra green onions & chopped bacon to garnish with after I take it out of the oven.
If a bacon garnish is wrong, I don't want to be right ;)
  I usually serve it with Fritos:
 It also tastes delicious when served with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (or Tostitos Scoops)
 This is such an easy dip to make & you can make the night before and then bake it right before you are going to serve it.
It tastes best when eaten warm, right out of the oven!

Enjoy & let me know if you make it!

++++++++++++++++
 
ALSO.....If you need other appetizer ideas to have for the Superbowl this weekend, here are some of my other favorites:
Baked Chicken Nachos {Recipe HERE
Cowboy Caviar/Cowboy Salad (So fresh & perfect to serve with Tortilla Chips!)
 7 layer Greek Humus {Recipe HERE}
7 layer Dip {Recipe HERE}
Corn Dip {Recipe HERE}
Perfect Potato Skins {Recipe HERE}

Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon {Recipe HERE}
 
 I am rooting for the Eagles...sorry all you Patriots fans, you have won too many Superbowls lately....it's time for a new team to win :)
I do love the Superbowl & Football, but I must say this year I am most excited for Justin Timberlake's Halftime performance. Love me some JT.  Can I get an Amen? ;)


Who are you rooting for in the Superbowl?
If you don't care who wins,  do you just watch for the commercials, Halftime Show & the food?

7 comments:

  1. Well normally I would "watch" for the commercials & halftime show, but this year my daughter has a dance competition. I don't think I'll get to watch any of the game. Darn ;) Thank you for the dip recipes!! I may have to try one next weekend just because :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen for JT!! And this dip looks amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Eagles, Because I don't like EITHER team but I especially dislike the Patriots. And Tom Brady. And Everything is better without bacon! LOL I am a rebel. I don't care for bacon at all! We will be watching because we are in many pools and want to see if we win any money! Last year I won over $700 off of pools! So not thinking i will have the same luck this year. Heres to some fun foods and beach weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks delicious! I love warm dips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 7 layer greek hummus dip was DELICIOUS and so easy. Everyone ate it up -- thank you for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number  +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin