4.28.2014

Jalapeño Poppers

One week from today is Cinco de Mayo!
Mexican food is one of my favorite types of food.
I make Mexican dishes at least once a week.
The spicier, the better!
Here is one of my favorite appetizers to make.
They are a real crowd pleaser.
 Here is what you need:
 12 - 15 Jalapeños
1 package of cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
2-3 green onions, diced
1 cup of diced bacon (I use Hormel Black Label Real Bacon Pieces)
3/4 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
BBQ Sauce

Directions:
Dice up your green onions, put in a bowl.
 Then, get your mix ready.
Add your diced green onions, softened cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese & bacon to a bowl.
Use beaters to mix everything together. 
Set aside.

Get a pair of rubber gloves & get ready to cut the jalapeños.
You NEED to wear rubber gloves when cutting jalapeños. If you don't, your skin will burn. Trust me from experience on this one. I have a box of latex gloves I keep in my kitchen pantry for when I make these.

Cut the jalapeños lengthwise.
Scoop out all the seeds in the jalapeños. The seeds are the really spicy part, so be sure and get all those out if you don't like spicy.
I keep all my seeds in a bowl & then dump it in the trash when I am all done scooping.
 Lay out your jalapeño shells on a cookie sheet:
Scoop some cream cheese/bacon mix into each of the jalapeño skins.
Brush with BBQ sauce:
The more BBQ sauce, the better :)
 Bake at 300 for 30-35 minutes.
 Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and serve!
 Seriously, these are SO good. 
I could eat an entire plate of them.
There is just something so good about Bacon, BBQ sauce & jalapeños....delicious!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. There you go with another recipe, We are big time Mexican food eaters here as well. I love jalapeno poppers but have always been a bit scared of working with a whole jalapeno. Now how do I get myself invited to one of your parties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog today and love it! Showed this variation of a popper to my husband, and we're excited to try it! We find it easiest to cut the top off of the pepper and use a small knife, like a paring knife, to cut around the inside of the pepper to get the core and seeds out. We're able to do a couple dozen in minutes with this method. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty chuyển phát nhanh quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin