1.25.2017

What's Up Wednesday :: January 2017

It's the last Wednesday of the month, that means it's time for our What's Up Wednesday Link Up!

Link up with  me, Sheaffer & Shay the LAST Wednesday of each month so we can read about What's Up with YOU!

Here we go!
What We’re Eating this week.....
 Monday: Out to dinner for Kate's Birthday
Tuesday: Chicken Taco Soup that I made in my Instant Pot
I will be blogging it! It was amazing & only took 20 minutes to cook!
Stay tuned!

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef
Recipe HERE 

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Friday Night Pizza Night

Snacks/Treats I am making this week....

The birthday girl requested her favorite after school snack
No Bake Energy Protein Balls {Recipe HERE}


What I'm Reminiscing about.....
 Kate turned 10 on Monday, so I have been reminiscing about her and the fact that I have been a mom for a decade.

This is one of my all time favorite photos, taken seconds after Kate was born. My face says it all....we had gone through 2 miscarriages and prayed for years...Kate was most definitely worth the wait.

 
On Monday night,  I rambled on the blog about 10 things I have learned in the 10 years I have been a mother. Since I am emotional tonight, I tried to keep it light & somewhat humorous...of course there is a poop story :)
You can read it here 

What I'm loving.....
2 words....LASH BOOST.

It is AMAZING. I am loving my results & I am loving the results of my customers & fellow teammates.

Here are my 6 week results (I need to take my 8 week photos!)
 Angie is one of my blog readers & she joined my R+F team almost 2 years ago.
Here are Angie's 12 week results....incredible!

If you want to love your lashes and have longer, fuller, darker looking lashes,  I would love to get you started on lash boost.
For every January Lash Boost order, I have a free mini eye cream to gift you.
Email me:
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com

What We've been up to.....
Tahoe! Skiing! Snow!
We've been up in Tahoe twice in the past few weeks and there is SO MUCH SNOW!!!
 It is absolutely amazing how much snow we have gotten at our cabin.
My kids are sick of me saying how pretty the snow is...but I just can't get enough!!
 
  We need this desperately so that the drought ends.
 Our street turned into a 1 way street because of all the snow.

There were a few blue bird days & we went skiing.
 All 3 kids are picking up on skiing....look at Luke way out in front....he has no fear!!
 Kevin decided this was the year we would teach all 3 kids to ski & so far they are loving it! 

What I'm Dreading.....
 Signing Luke up for TK.
I actually have to sign him up for Kindergarten based on his birthday.
WHAT in the world?!?!
This means he is growing up....my last baby going to school.
It's bittersweet, for sure.
I have to register him for Kinder because he is an August birthday, but I am going to request that he goes to TK instead of Kinder and give him one more year. We did this with Claire because she has a September birthday & it was the best decision for her.
I blogged about our reasons here.
I'm signing him up this week, I'm dreading all that paper work that I need to have completed by Friday. Ugh!


What I'm Working On.....
I am working on putting together the post for Kate's 10th Ice Skating Birthday Party that we had on Saturday.
Here is a sneak peek:



I am hoping to have her Ice Skating party post up in a couple days :)

 Whenever I am working on a birthday party post, I always go back & look at the other parties I have thrown for each kid to see how they have grown through the years. It's my little ritual that I do...I love looking back on the party posts :)
Last year she had a Roller Skating Party:
 Check it out {HERE}

 
I love parties :)
You can see more parties on my Parties Tab or click HERE.

What I'm Excited About.....
Two Things:

1) You guys....we got a Roomba for Christmas.
It's amazing. Like really amazing.

 
The Roomba is everything and more.
It runs everyday for an hour & Luke is obsessed with watching it's every move! 
 We have named our Roomba...the name is "Ralphie" after the University of Colorado buffalo mascot. It only seems fitting since our dog's name is Boulder & Ralphie does a great job vacuuming up all that dog hair! When the roomba starts each day, we chant "Run Ralphie, Run!"

The one we have is on sale for $75 off.
It is worth every penny!
Best invention EVER.

2) My Instant Pot.
It is currently on sale for $20 off & is under $100!!!!
My goal is to convert all my Slow Cooker/Crock Pot recipes to Instant Pot recipes.
It is just so amazing....things that would take hours & all day in the Crock Pot take 30-45 minutes in the Instant Pot.

You need one in your life. Trust me.

What I'm Watching........
Still obsessed with This is Us.
 Did you hear the news that they extended it for Seasons 2 & 3?!?! So happy!

I also can't wait until tomorrow so that TGIT comes back...
Grey's
Scandal
How to Get Away with Murder
And, of course I am watching The Bachelor.
Ugh. Not a fan of Nick, but I've watched every single season of this show....why stop now?!?!

 
What I'm Reading.....
I have read 4 books so far this month!

Winter Storms:
This was the 3rd book in her Winter Street series, I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

The Perfect Girl

 I really liked this book 4 out of 5 stars

Girls of Mischief Bay

This was a good "beach read" 3.5 out of 5 stars

Secrets of a Charmed Life

I LOVED this book.  I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars! 

Right now, I am reading Hope Heals.


If you missed my post earlier this month, I posted about the 60 books I read in 2016.
You can read it HERE.

What I'm Listening to.....
Today's Hits on Pandora!

What I'm Wearing.....
My rainboots are getting tons of use because of all the rain!
 

When it's not raining, I am wearing These booties....absolutely loving them....so comfortable!
And, not too big of a heel #tallgirlproblems


They are on sale right now, you can save 15%.
They come in 8 colors. I have 2 colors, check them out here.

What I’m doing this weekend.....
Our friends are having their annual Wine & Cheese tasting party.
It is so much fun, I can't wait!


What I'm Looking Forward to next month.....
Heading to Tahoe for 2 more ski weekends & also Valentines Day!

What else is new.....
I have gotten several emails from people who missed the last eye cream bulk order that I had, so I am going to do another one.
So......I am going to place ANOTHER bulk order next week!
I started using the eye cream right after Luke was born and WOW, it got rid of the bags under my eyes that I had from lack of sleep with a newborn. 

Our  Multi-Function Eye Cream combines powerful peptides to minimize the appearance of crow’s-feet, helps reduce the appearance of both puffiness and dark under eye circles while special optical diffusers noticeably brighten the eye area.

Ophthalmologist tested, this formula is ideal for maintaining the delicate skin around the eyes.  

This brave consultant only used the eye cream on one eye for 3 weeks!
It's less puffy & she doesn't have bags under that eye!

For my bulk order, you can get it with my discount and it will only cost you $60 and I will cover your tax & shipping!
One jar lasts me at least 4-5 months.
Let me know if you want to order one! Leave a comment with your email or email me: melissa_larson17@yahoo.com

Question of the month is:
Who is your favorite Bachelor/Bachelorette?
This is an easy one for me.
Ryan Sutter.
He wasn't one of the "main" Bachelors, but he was who Trista chose when she was the Bachelorette.
 The reason he is my favorite is because we went to college together.
Ryan was a senior when I was a freshman at the University of Colorado.
He was on the football team & I was on the soccer team.
Because our seasons were both in season during the Fall, the soccer team & football team had the same training table, which meant that we all had the same dinner time at the Athletic Center.
He was always so nice & friendly. Just a good guy!
I couldn't believe it when I saw him on the Bachelorette all those years ago. I remember shouting at the TV saying, "Oh my gosh, that's Ryan! I know him!"
So, of course I rooted him on all season long and was thrilled when Trista chose him.
I am so happy that Ryan & Trista are still doing so great and that they are the original Bachelor success story! It's been fun seeing their family grow. I haven't seen him in over 15 years since college, but we are friends on Facebook, so it has been fun keeping up to date with them on there (and of course on the show when they do contestant updates)

+++++++++++++

If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by!
Feel free to follow along! 
You can find me on Bloglovin, Facebook & Instagram

Can't wait to read about What's up with all of YOU!


10 comments:

  1. So fun that you and Ryan went to college together! I loved him on the show and their updates now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow pictures have me all sorts of jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan does seem like a good guy! And can't wait to read the party recap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That slow cooker broccoli & beef looks so good! Looking forward to linking up with your book review tomorrow!
    www.thefamilytablewithgenevieve.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate's birthday party looks like it was absolutely adorable. Lash Boost is crazy good! And This Is Us...well, I think we can all agree❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is WAY more snow than we've got in New England right now! I'm so jealous that you get to enjoy it and then go HOME, ha! I'm living in boots, but not the cute kind, though I do love the ones you posted. #tallgirlsunite

    Loved your post about ten years as a Mom- you are a great Mom! You will never regret all the time, energy, and creativeness you pour into their lives. I'm looking forward to reading about Kate's party too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for Shondaland tonight!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter is turning one next week and I am in party mode! Her theme is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star :) I'm super excited to see how it all turns out but not so excited my baby is turning one! Ryan was one of my favorites too! I remember watching that season of the Bachelorette with my mom and we rooted for him :)
    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you brought this up! I have been so confused as to rather I should sign my little boy up for Kindergarten this time or not! He will turn 5 on July 21. I have had so many ppl tell me to hold him out and a few to tell me to go ahead and start him. He is currently in a 4 year old Pre K class in the school system I work at. I thought you might have some thoughts since you are a mother AND a teacher. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for taking the time to create such interesting and useful content. Your work is greatly appreciated.
    Top 10 engineering colleges in Dehradun

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin