5.15.2015

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies + other Fun Stuff!

    Happy Friday! 
    Today,  May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!
In honor of that, here is one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes!
     One of my favorite combinations is peanut butter & chocolate and this cookie does not disappoint....Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!

If you like soft & thick cookies, then you will love these!

Here is what you need:
 1 stick  butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use Skippy)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 bag of chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate, but semi-sweet works also!)
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
 In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.

 Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the corn syrup, water, and vanilla
 . Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl & then stir it into the peanut butter mixture:
Fold in chocolate chips:
 Yum!
 Use a cookie scoop (THIS is the one I have) and drop onto a cookie sheet.
 I dare you not to eat some dough ;)
 Bake for 12 to 13 minutes at 375 (do not over bake!!!)
 Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
These are so good.
Soft & delicious!
If you want to make other types of Chocolate Chips Cookies in honor of Chocolate Chip Cookie day , here are some of our favorites:

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies:

 Monster Cookies:
 
Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookies:


 Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies:


 Not only is today National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, but it is also my niece Olivia's 1st Birthday!
I love that Baby Girl Baker was born on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, remember last Spring when I threw her a Cookies & Milk Baby Shower
And, then she ended up being born on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! 
And her last name is Baker!  Love it! 
I sent this text to my sister last year on May 15th:


I forgot that I said I would make her cookies every year until yesterday, but don't worry! I didn't break my promise! I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for her last night!

Me & Livvie on the day she was born:

 Happy 1st Birthday Livvie Lou!!!! 
 *****************
Speaking of the name Olivia, have you seen THIS website?
 It tells you what your name would be if you were born today based on the popularity of you name the year you were born!
Here is mine:

Isn't that awesome? My name would be Olivia since that is the #2 name and Melissa was the #2 name when I was born.
It also lists what your name would be in other decades:


 I love random stuff like this :)
HERE is the website!

Have a GREAT Friday!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yum!! Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies sound delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PB chocolate chip are my fave too and it has been ages since I've made them....thinking tonight is the night thanks to you! And oh my goodness that website...I just ran through our entire family...so fun! Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had grand plans of making chocolate chip cookies today but it is now 7:00 and I am about to have pizza and wine...maybe we will make it national chocolate chip cookie weekend!
    Now I want to head over to that website and see what it says..
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me peanut butter and chocolate chip, yum!! I actually saw your post about the Name websites at night as I was putting my kids to bed and had to check it out. My name would be Brooklyn today, LOL! Have a great weekend Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, that name website is totally freaking me out. I put in my name (super unpopular in 1978 and still today), and it turns out my 1970's name is my mother's name (her name is unheard of, not just unpopular!). We are completely freaking out over that-- what are the odds?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My two favorite types of cookies combined in one? I need those! And that sunless tanner! What a difference it made!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin