4.22.2014

Cookies & Milk Baby Shower

Last Saturday, I hosted a Baby Shower for my younger sister Rebecca.
She is due with baby #2 in May.
Her first baby, Jack was born 6 weeks after Luke.
It seems like just yesterday I was throwing her a little man mustache shower for Jack!
You can see that shower {here}
 
This baby is a girl & it has been quite the eventful pregnancy for them.

Read {THIS} post here that my sister wrote about their baby girl on the way.
It's a true life miracle story that we are giving thanks to God for.

I always told Rebecca that if she had a girl, I was going to throw her a "Cookies & Milk" Baby Shower.
You see, Rebecca's last name is Baker, so that only makes sense that the theme of the shower has to do with baking :)
Here is the invite I made:
{Now available in my Etsy shop!}

The shower was in the afternoon and the menu was pretty simple.
Simple decorations with pink/brown colors to go with the Cookies & Milk theme.
Cute Banner from this Etsy Shop:
You know me...I love a dessert table!
Close up of the dessert table:
Because it was a "Cookies & Milk" Shower, I had all the desserts involve some sort of cookie!
I made my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes:
Recipe {HERE}
I also made my Cookies & Cream Oreo Cupcakes:
Recipe {HERE}
Cute Onesie Sugar Cookies:
 Sugar Cookie Fruit Puffs:
Recipe {HERE}
I also had cookies in glass containers for guests to take home as their favor.
I had clear gift bags for them to fill up with Cookies!
French Macaroons:
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Recipe {HERE}

Snickerdoodles:
Recipe {HERE}
Drinks:
 

In addition to Cookies, we also had some other snacks.
Fruit Kabobs:
Veggies & Hummus:
  My sister's favorite candies... Sour Patch Watermelon:
Good & Plenty:
More Decorations:
We did a few games including guess how big the belly is:
 Then, presents!
Love these swaddle blankets...they are the best!

This pacifier holder is awesome!
I got this cute onesie for her...I couldn't resist...I will be taking lots of photos of my new niece!
Sisters!
How cute is my sister's baby bump! She is so tiny for 34 weeks!
I am so excited for my niece to arrive. 
She is due a month from today & we are anxiously awaiting her arrival.
Can't wait to meet you Baby Girl Baker!

11 comments:

  1. Super cute shower (no surprise, there)!! Your sister looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shower! My daughter's Milk and Cookies first birthday is around the corner. Are you selling the placecards and toppers you made, by any chance?

    Rachel
    thirdgradecupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shower!!!
    I love the cookie dough cupcakes you made! The toppers are beautiful--did you make them with fondant?
    Such a cute invite and matching signs!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you please share your sugar cookie recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! What a cute party and theme!! I loved every little detail! You sisters are just precious. It makes me sad that I don't have a sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute shower....but really would any party you have not be cute:) I love the theme. We love making your Oero cupcakes here. I left a comment on your daughters cowgirl party from a few years back asking you a question regarding the party.

    I love the picture of you and your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable shower! The decor looked amazing. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A baby shower program is really an opportunity through which we are able to celebrate with parties and events to welcome our upcoming baby in advance. Most probably new parents are really excited about this program; here we have found some delicious food items those are become the special attraction of the event cookies and milk baby shower; I really enjoy this post thanks for such a wonderful post with good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin