2.15.2017

Chicken Taco Soup

I have another quick, easy & healthy recipe for you today.
This is another one of my go-to dinner recipes.
Everyone loves it.
I made up this recipe a couple years ago and I based it off my Taco Soup recipe that I make with ground turkey/beef.
I decided to swap the ground meat for chicken and the kidney beans for black beans and also add in a packet of Ranch...because, why not?
I also decided to convert this recipe to an Instant Pot recipe because I LOVE MY INSTANT POT
and I want to convert all my recipes to Instant Pot recipes.
It is just so much faster than the Crock Pot and the flavor is so much better!
If you don't have an Instant Pot yet, I w will include the Crock Pot version of this recipe as well!
We are getting another huge rain storm here in California, so I am all about making soup when we have this kind of weather!
Here is what you need:
- One 2.5 lb bag of frozen chicken breast tenderloins 
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of black beans, drained (you can also use kidney beans or pinto beans)
- 1 can of diced green chilies
- 1 packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 packet of Ranch

 Directions:
Add the bag of frozen chicken tenderloins to the Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker)
 

Then add the diced tomatoes (not drained), corn (not drained), black beans (drained), green chilies, packet of taco seasoning & packet of ranch:
Give it a big stir:

Then put the lid on your Instant Pot turn the knob to SEALING:

 Cook on Manual High Pressure for 20 minutes.
(You can also use Chicken Breasts instead of Chicken breast tenderloins, so if you do, I would bump the cook time to 25 minutes) 
Do a natural release for 15 minutes
(This means you don't touch anything and you let the pressure cooker naturally release)
After 15 minutes, you might need to do a manual release to get the rest of the steam out.
When you open the Instant Pot, it will look like this:
 I wanted to make sure the chicken was fully cooked, so I took some of them out & they shredded easily & beautifully! The chicken was perfect & falling apart!
 I added the chicken back into the Instant Pot and stirred it all together. The rest of the chicken easily shredded with 2 forks while in the Instant Pot.
We serve this soup with a garnish of sour cream, shredded cheese & avocado:
 I also serve it with some tortilla chips on the side.
We love it with the avocado on top...so fresh tasting!
 I make this soup several times a month because we all love it...even my kids who are picky eaters.
This soup has SO much flavor and it is so easy to make....if you an open cans & dump them in a pot, you can make this soup :)
You can make this in a Crock Pot by cooking it on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
I haven't used my Crock Pot in months since I got my new BFF....the Instant Pot....this meal was made in a fraction of the time thanks to my new BFF!
 I hope you love this easy, delicious & healthy meal as much as we do!
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. I do a similar one but add chopped veggies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this tonight! I have all the ingredients. Thank you! Your recipes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get my instant pot out and use it more!! I made some chili with deer meat which I have NEVER been able to eat before because the taste was still all wrong but in the instant pot it was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a mind blowing article,I followed your recipes tips and I cooked as you instructed. The taste is very good in my month I really loved it and enjoyed it with my family, please I'm waiting for another recipe as soon as possible. LoL

    Have you heard about paleo dieting plan recipes? This recipes will provide you the best of your health against weight loss,anti-aging, fat belly and sleep problems.

    Get the ebook Now :
    http://bit.ly/2qrMfiC

    Check Out My BloG :
    http://healthy4happy.co.za

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin