5.06.2011

Thursday Evenings at the Pool

A few weeks ago, the girls started swimming lessons at a local indoor pool.
We wanted them to have lessons before summer started and our backyard pool is too cold right now, so we signed them up for group lessons at the indoor (heated) pool.
Kate has been asking for swimming lessons since last Fall, so she was ecstatic that she finally got to take them.
Anxiously waiting for their lesson to begin:
Claire's lesson was first. Because she isn't 3 yet, they require a parent to go in the pool with her.
My mom comes to the lessons to hang out with Kate while Claire & I have her lesson.
I was so impressed with how Claire did at the first lesson. They taught her how to hang from the side of the pool & use the edge to move along the side of the pool. And, she learned how to climb out on her own! I couldn't believe how strong Claire was & that she was able to do that.
Claire's favorite part is the water slide they have. She climbs up it & slides down into the water (I am there to catch her, but she goes all the way under water first)
Kate's lesson was right after Claire's. Kate was ecstatic that they had purple goggles:
Kate was beaming the entire lesson, she was so proud of herself.
I was a little nervous for Kate's lesson because I didn't know how she would do, she is very timid around the water. Even though we have a pool in our backyard, she gets nervous in the pool.
But, her teacher was awesome. She made Kate go underwater. Her approach was gentle, but effecitive. I was so impressed. All last summer, Kate refused to get her hair wet in the pool or go underwater, so the fact that she did this in her first lesson was a huge relief for me!
Waiting her turn to swim back across:
Each student got a pink ribbon at the end of class:
So proud of herself!
Because the girls did so well at their first lesson (and it was dinner time), Kevin & I took them to In-n-Out since it is right around the corner from the pool....and we have done this after every lesson so far!
The girls got In-n-Out hats to play with while they waited for our food.
I heart In-n-Out....YUM!
If you haven't had In-n-Out before, you are missing out.
We only eat fast food a few times a year, so this is a real treat!
Although, I think going to In-n-Out after swimming will be the tradition for the rest of the month, since we are only doing swimming lessons for the month of May! And, that also means one less night I have to cook dinner on a school night!

P.S. Be sure to check out some of the amazing Cupcake Recipes posted in my Cupcake Carnival.
The linky will be open for another week, so be sure to add your cupcake recipes!

13 comments:

  1. Cute! Claire had that same swimsuit last year. I loved it.
    I can't wait for my girls to start their swim lessons too. I am so anxious to see how Claire does. I think she'll be that child that screams bloody murder... we'll see!
    ANd In-n-Out... who doesn't love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of the fun stuff they use in their swimming classes! We never had those things when I was a kid(you know, like 10 years ago...) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive never heard of In N Out and yes, I live under a rock:) Nothing like that in my little corner of the US.
    Oh and I love that theyre both enthusiastic about swim lessons. My 5 year old(when she was younger) screamed when we tried to lower her down into the pool with the instructor. No amount of coaxing or bribing would get her in that water. She loves to swim at her Nana's pool but has no formal lessons to teach her. I'll be changing that soon.
    So glad it was a positive experience for your sweet girls;)
    xo,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute (and EmmyKate has that same bathing suit!) I am super jealous of the In-n-Out burger. They are putting them in Dallas, but they haven't made it to Houston yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah... best post title ever. :)

    I love that they're already in swim lessons! I need to do that with Mase.

    I work across the street from an In & Out now... suuuch trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Your last commenter has an EmmyKate...I have an Emma Kate!! Cute!
    The girls look so cute in their matching swim suits...LOVE In n Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for swimming lessons. I had in n out for the first time this year, and it was delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun! We love In n Out a little too much at our house! In n Out cheeseburgers are the only "acceptable" cheeseburgers my boys will eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! So many wonderful things about this post! Your girls look adorable in their sweet little swimsuits!!! That burger place sounds divine! Hmmm, a pimiento cheeseburger sounds pretty good to me right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't have an In-and-Out burger here in south carolina! But I've heard they are good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVE in and out burgers. Fries, not so much. But the burger love is worth tolerating the fries. Also, I made your cookies and cream cupcakes on Wednesday and they are the BEST. Dave agrees. Our new favorite. The cookie at the bottom? FTW. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! We're getting In N Out in Texas!!! The one nearest to us (which is still 45 min) will be opening soon. I can't wait to try it. I hope that my little guys can take swim lessons this summer and love it as much as your girls did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd pull that swimsuit aside and shove my cock so deep in her little asshole

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin