4.29.2009

Mits

Ever since Claire was born, I would put "no scratch" mittens on her hands at night so that she wouldn't scratch herself in her sleep. As she got older & out grew those I noticed that her hands were freezing cold when she would wake in the middle of the night & in the mornings.
So, I decided to have Claire wear a pair of fleece mittens at night to keep her hands warm. She obviously has poor circulation like her Daddy! The mittens have a two fold purpose:
1. Keeping her hands warm at night (and protecting me from her cold hands when she wakes up to nurse in the middle of the night)
2. They are helping me win the Thumb War. If she has mittens on her hands, she can't suck her thumb! (That either makes me a mean mommy or a genius. You decide!)
She hasn't worn the mittens in a few weeks because the weather has been so warm. But, since the temperatures have dropped at night the past few nights, I have busted out the mittens again!

Kate has noticed that Claire wears mittens at night & for the past few months has been begging us to sleep with her "mits" (mittens) on.

Another reason she loves wearing her mits is because one of her favorite books, "Goodnight Moon" has mittens in it also.

Every time we read from the book about mittens Kate shouts out "Mits!, I want my Mits!" She makes us go get her mittens so she can finish listening to the story with her mits on.
Kate is excited & ready to go to bed with her Mits on!
Don't mind her shiny face, her skin gets a little dry and she insists on me putting Aquaphor on her face every night. Sometimes she will wake up at night shouting for me, "Mommy! More Aquda pweeese!"

From her mits to her "aquda" she keeps us entertained. What a funny little girl!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Thank You Very much Doctor Otonokpo for making my ex boyfriend come back to me. I am Cordelia Sandra from Brazil and i am putting this testimony here too because i want to share my testimony of how i was helped by Doctor Otonokpo within 48 hours of contacting him. Yes, it was last week my ex boyfriend returned to me after i contacted Doctor Otonokpo. My boyfriend was always going back to meet his ex girlfriend because he never really left her. Her name was Sophie. I didn't know how it happened one day after breakfast that i saw him looking at his ex girlfriend's picture on Facebook and I flared at him that he doesn't care about him and he was with me and still thinking about his ex although we have been dating for 6 months. He stormed at me and left the house and never returned. I was heartbroken and wanted him to come back. I was in a nightclub with friend one evening that I saw him with Sophie there, I was humiliated that night and I regretted going there only to see him there. I went online after some days and found Doctor Otonokpo and read about him and I contacted him to help me get him back. I must say that within 48 hours, my boyfriend came back to me and pleaded for leaving me. Is this how spell works so fast? Please, if you want help, contact Doctor Otonokpo too to help you at otonokpotemple@gmail.com
    Call/WhatsApp +2348114129781

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin