10.22.2018

Miscellaneous Monday!

Happy Monday....thought I would share a little randomness on this Miscellaneous Monday!

{ONE} 
 I am pretty sure this is the warmest October on record here in the Bay Area,
It's been in the 80s all month. 
No rain, no clouds. 
Just sun & warm temperatures.
Hoping & praying that Fall arrives to California in November. 
Even though the weather has been warm, we are still all about the pumpkin bread!
 My recipe makes 2 batches and we devour them in less than 48 hours. 
If you need a perfect pumpkin bread recipe, here it is!

{TWO}
The local bookstore in my town has been killing it this month with author visits!
First, Jodi Picoult came for an event. She is one of my favorite authors.
 She gave an awesome talk, shared about her new book A Spark of Light and then had a meet & greet. 
Jodi was so lovely & down to earth. I got a signed copy of the book can’t wait to read it. 
Have you read it yet?

Then on Friday, Elin Hilderbrand came to our bookstore for a book signing and to talk about her new book, Winter in Paradise.
 
 Elin (pronounced Ellen...did not know that) was promoting her new book, Winter In Paradise...the first book in a new trilogy,
 
Loved meeting her & hearing some of her story. Elin is real, down to earth and so humble. 
I think I’ve read 15 or 16 of her books....Can’t wait to read this one!

{THREE}
I'm still on my mission to run a race every month until I turn 40 in May.
This month, I did the Run for Education 10k.
I'm also doing a little October running challenge and running at least 1 mile everyday in the month of October. I haven't missed a day yet this month. Hope I can keep the streak alive....especially since we are going to Vegas this weekend.


{FOUR}
I've been wanting to show the kids Freaky Friday. I loved the book as a kid and found the newer version of the movie HERE for only $5!
My girls LOVED it!


{FIVE}
This weekend the Colorado Women's Soccer Team was playing here in the Bay Area. 
They played Cal on Thursday & Stanford on Sunday.
We took the kids to the Stanford game & we had a blast!
We invited a bunch of friends, including some girls I coach and our girls friends. They were so awesome and made signs and cheered so hard for Colorado.
We lost, but it was still so much fun!
So many great memories playing soccer at Colorado.


{SIX} 
Hamilton is coming back to San Francisco next year. My mom, sister and I went when it was here last year. It was AMAZING. I knew I wanted to get tickets so that Kevin and I could go. Tickets when on sale this morning. I was number 55, 277 in line.
The website opened up at 10 am and almost 7 hours later it was my turn (luckily, once you put your name in, you could give them your email and they would email you when it was your turn) When I checked it after school, it said I my turn would be around 2:25 pm.
WRONG! It was my turn at 4:45....and soccer practice started at 5 and I am a coach, so needless to say, I did NOT have a chance to buy Hamilton tickets. Oh well! Thankful I got to see it last year.
Sorry Kevin, I tried!

{SEVEN}
As you know, Rodan + Fields came out with a new product, Radiant Defense.
 What is Radiant Defense? It is Derma Cosmetics. Derma-Cosmetics offer instant cosmetic results with long-term dermatologic skin improvements.
  How is this different from foundation or B.B. or CC creams?
 Derma-Cosmetics  work to IMPROVE your skins health, not just cover it up.
Our NEW Radiant Defense:
👉 Is PERFECT for ALL skin tones and types
👉🏻 Doesn’t clog pores or leave skin oily
👉🏼 Protects against environmental aggressors
👉🏽 Leaves a smooth and flawless finish, like you’re wearing nothing at all
👉🏾 Contains SPF 30
👉🏿 Comes in 6 shades to match any skin tone and can be blended and contoured
👉🏽 Helps dry, irritated skin
👉🏼 Has skin-perfecting ability
👉🏻 IMMEDIATELY IMPROVES your skin tone
👉 Functions as the last step of your morning skincare regimen


I am the 3rd shade which is Sand. It goes on so easily & it so lightweight. I never wear foundation, but I am loving the Radiant Defense. You would use this in place of foundation. I am seriously obsessed...it covers up the scar on my nose from my skin cancer surgery. I don't even need to wear concealer on my scar anymore.
  This is me with Radiant Defense on in Sand:

We have a few specials going on preferred customers who want Radiant Defense. 
Cost is $59 & free shipping for preferred customers.

Special #1 : Buy Radiant Defense and get make up wipes or eye make up remover for free:
 Special #2: Buy lash boost, get Radiant Defense for HALF off:
 
Special #3: Buy a regimen, get Radiant Defense for HALF off.

 One bottle of Radiant Defense will last 5-6 months.
Comes with a 60 day empty bottle 100% money back guarantee.
Radiant Defense is good for all skin types, has SPF 30 and won't clog pores...it's good for your skin!
 If you are interested in Radiant Defense, you can find your shade on my color matcher HERE.

Message me if you have questions or want to place an order.
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com

{EIGHT}
If you've read my blog for several years, you know that every October, I have a Crock-tober event where I share a Crock Pot recipe and do a giveaway.
I got an Instant Pot in September 2016 and since then I haven't used my Crock Pot. 
2 years of no crock pot, in fact...I gave it away this Summer when I was doing my 40 bags in 40 days.
Why keep it if I don't use it? I have my Instant Pot that I love!
So, instead of having Crock-tober this year, I am officially changing the name to:
Instant Pot-ober!

It's not as catchy as Crock-tober, but I felt like I needed to change the name since I don't even own a Crock Pot anymore!

Stay tuned for Instat Pot-ober...coming to my blog VERY soon!

{NINE}
Have you heard of the Lost My Name books?

The books are so cute, you customize them with your child's name. Each child’s adventure is totally unique and based on their name
Luke has both of these books.
It's an outer space adventure staring your child & their house and they use an actual satellite image of your child's house. You can preview all the books with your customization. Luke loves them!
They now have a Birthday book called the Birthday Thief
I love how you can personalize it!
  Another cute book is Kingdom of You. Planning on getting this one for Luke this Christmas.

  You can order the books HERE
If you enter your email address, they will send you a $7 off your order code!  
They have bigger discounts if you order more than 1 book, you  get an additional 15% off with code Use code MULTI15
These books make great birthday or Christmas gifts.

{TEN}
 Someone has to get glasses & isn't excited about it.
I think she looks adorable! And, she looks so old!
She only needs to wear them at school & while reading, so that makes her happy.

There you have it....some miscellaneous on this October Monday!
Hope you had a great day!

5 comments:

  1. So fun to meet both of those authors! Love both Jodi & Elin! I also didn't know Elin was pronounced Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to meet the authors! And holy heck on that whole Hamilton ticket situation. Wow...no wonder I haven't seen it yet! haha I have been debating dumping my crockpot too..still holding on but truly love my instant pot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a great month. I love Elin's books too and want to add that one to my list...I rarely read, but when I do😃this will fit the bill. Little missy looks darling in her new glasses! I got an Instant pot, but I've only used it once. I need to be brave and try it more. I'm sand to in the RD and LOVE it. I wasn't expecting to, but I sure do. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number  +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin