10.23.2009

Pumpkin Bread

When I opened my front door earlier this week, I found a surprise package from my friend Shannon (we played soccer together in high school) but now she lives in Maryland.
Look at all the goodies she hooked me up with! Love that girl & miss her! And, she wrote me a handwritten note. So sweet. Thank you Tall Legs!

Kate helped me open the box of goodness & when she saw all the pumpkin goodies she wanted to make pumpkin bread. Since Claire was napping, we got right to baking (of course, Kate had to find her pumpkin hat so she could make pumpkin bread. She cracks me up sometimes)
I know there are hundreds of pumpkin recipes out there.
I have tried about 10 different recipes.
I first tried in 2002 and haven't tried any others because I love this one!

It is from our family friend, Beth.

PUMPKIN BREAD

Here is what you need:
1 15 oz can canned pumpkin (I normally use Libby's, it tastes the best)
3 c sugar
1 c water
1 c vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 c flour
1 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
1/2 t nutmeg
2 t cinnamon
3/4 t ground cloves
1 t salt
Step One:
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, water, oil & eggs.

Step Two:
Beat until well mixed
(I let Kate mix it for fun, but then I used the hand mixer)
Step Three:In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves.Step Four:Stir until combined.Step Five:Slowly add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.Step Six:
Spray 2 9x5 loaf pans with Pam. Evenly divide batter into 2 pans.
Step Seven:
Bake for 60-65 minutes at 350
(until toothpick comes out clean)
If you are making muffins, then bake for 25-30 minutes.
Makes 32 muffins (filled 2/3 up)
If you are making mini-loaves it makes 7 mini-loaves (bake for 35-40 minutes)
Step Eight:
Let your "helper" play with flour while the bread is baking.
Step Nine:After loaves are done baking, cool for 10-15 minutes.
Serve & Enjoy!
While our bread was baking Claire woke up from her nap.
She approves of Pumpkin Bread also! I make this bread every week or every other week. It makes 2 loaves per batch. I made this on Tuesday & both our loaves are already gone. We are carb junkies in this house!

16 comments:

  1. I am glad you posted a pumpkin bread recipe that has been tested. I went on to allrecipes.com and there were so many to choose from...I didn't want to pick a bad one.

    Kate is sooo grown up. When did her hair get that long, it's gorgeous. It is so weird to see pics of Claire WALKING.

    ...oh and thanks to your friend's prezzie. I had no idea Trader Joes had a pumpkin pancake mix...totally going there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, looks good! I'll have to try it...after I make the pumpkin bundt cake that I'm making for my mom for her birthday tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love your recipes. And Kate is sooo stinking cute in that hat! I can't wait to try this one. How SWEET of your friend to send that to you. That really makes me want to do the same thing for my friends who are far away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ate a slice minutes ago. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Your kids are adorable! Love the pumpkin hat! Just found your blog~ thought I'd say Hi!
    Stop by and view my blogs! Have a great day!
    Jamie
    maddiemackdesigns.blogspot.com
    lovelongtime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I plan to try this recipe later this week! I have tried several in the past and always ended up hating them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutest. Pics. EVER!
    Your girls are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fun that she has TJ's in Maryland. I couldn't move anywhere without one. I just made a similar recipe and it was GROSS. Trying yours.
    Gracias!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this lovely recipe. I have made it many times and everyone always wants to know where I got the recipe. Delicious. Blogged about it here:
    http://ahappydistraction.com/2012/09/22/2347/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same way.... my family laughs at my obsession with all things pumpkin.... as I was reading your blog I was thinking I need to share the pumpkin ale with her and there you had it... It's really good--especially sitting around a fire outside.... so ready for the cooler weather--here in AR is's unusually warm right now... but then again that's AR for you.... Going to make your bread this week-end. I haev my go to--but I'm curious... :) Have a great weekend.... I have to say I miss the daily Luke--you haev a precious family and I so enjoy your blog.... one of my fav's...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Making this today! First snow in CO! Kate is so little!!

    Still a great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin