4.22.2016

Friday Favorites {Spring Edition}

Happy Friday!
Today I'm linking up with Friday Favorites!
Hosted by: Andrea, Erika & Narci
Like always....I am so happy it's Friday! Can I get an Amen? Amen.
I have 10 favorites to share with you today!
{ONE}
My garden is my FAVORITE!
 I look forward to planting it every year.  I usually plant it in April the week of Earth Day....which is today...Happy Earth Day!
This week I bought all my veggies, Kevin prepped the soil & I got everything planted. 
My favorite thing to grow in my garden is tomatoes!
I will do a full garden post in the next week or so! I switched up a few things this year :)

{TWO}
 Last weekend was the first really warm weekend we have had. The weather was in the high 80's.
On Friday, I made Moscow Mules to kick off the weekend. They are my favorite!
THESE are the cooper mugs that I have! 
I keep them in my freezer so they are nice and cold!

 {THREE}
The Warriors are my favorite NBA team!
All of our neighbors LOVE the Warriors. It's so fun. We are split with football & baseball 
(Half of us are SF 49ers & SF Giants fans, the other half is Oakland Raiders & Oakland A's fans) 
But because there is only 1 Bay Area basketball team, the Warriors is what we all agree on.
Hanging out with our neighbors is my favorite...especially watching sports with them!
The Warriors are in the playoffs, so that means tons of court gatherings watching the Warriors games & then hanging out after the game playing dice. Everyone brings their $1 bills and $2 bills
We play 1-4-24....so much fun! 

{FOUR}
 Eating dinner Al Fresco (outside) is also my Favorite.
Sunday night was the first time we used the BBQ this year.
We had tri tip steak, tortellini pasta salad & kale broccoli salad. 
It felt like a Summer night. Kids swam & we ate dinner outside. 
8 weeks of school left!!! I can't wait!

{FIVE}
Running is one of my favorite activities!
In cased you missed my post earlier this week...I posted 5 tips to help you get started Running (or to get back into Running)

 You can check out my post HERE.
I also posted some of my favorite running gear on that post!

{SIX}
Muffins are one of our favorite after school snacks. 
Here are some of our favorite muffin recipes:




What is your favorite type of muffin?


{SEVEN}
The AMP Roller is one of my favorite tools from R+F!
We have an Amp it up April Special going on! 
Our AMP Roller helps with fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring & improving your skin's firmness!
 If you order the AMP Roller & a Regimen bundle you get a FREE eye cream!
This is good for NEW and CURRENT customers!

 If you don't want a roller, my Rodan + Fields April Special ends next week on April 30th!
  $20 cash back, 10% off your order, Free Shipping AND a FREE SPF 20 Mineral Peptides Powder for all new preferred customers.
We have products for ALL skin types! Wrinkles, Sun Damage, Acne & Sensitive Skin!
Take THIS quick questionnaire to find out what is best for your skin!
 Send me an email to get started! 
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com
{EIGHT}
I have finally found my favorite Nail polish that doesn't chip!!!
I haven't found it in stores, but you can order online.
These are the colors that I have...they look different in person than they do on the website.
From left to right....
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

I also use step 1 and step 3:

My nails don't chip for 5-6 days!  


{NINE}
When we were in Pebble Beach over Spring Break, the house we stayed at had these lanterns in each room. It got me thinking....perfect to keep 1 in each of the bedrooms at our house in case the power goes out, etc. So, I looked them up & you can buy them in a 3 pack HERE 


or individually HERE....they are only $7 each! 

I love finding out random favorite things like these lanterns!


{TEN}
Flip flop season is quickly approaching. 
Here in California we are all about flip flops.
I wear flip flops pretty much every day in the summer. 
THESE are my favorite flip flops because they are so comfortable & they last for YEARS and YEARS!
 


 THESE flip flops are also comfortable, but they only lasted me one year & then they broke:

 I did buy another pair because they are comfy! 
Right now it is buy one get one 50%, so that makes it an even better deal!
There are a few different colors, but I like the black straps.

 Hope you have a great Friday!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Those lanterns made me think of my mother, who insists on keeping a flashlight by each bed in the house. Just in case the power goes out! I do the same now. Then again, I grew up in Kansas City where there are lots of storms and tornadoes! The lanterns are even a better idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks great! Can't wait to see a post all about it! I'm with you, I'm all about my flip flops..especially my Rainbows! I swear they're a California thing (im in Orange County) bc my cousins from the east coast didn't know about them when they were out here!

    Happy Friday! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. The OPI infinite shine is also my favorite nail polish! Love the colors you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying that nail polish! I shredded my manicure working in the yard tonight, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I may have to check out that polish. Nothing seems to work for me but I was getting shellac done every 3 weeks since December and now my nails are crap. I really need to lay off for awhile.

    Hope you have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip on the flip flops. Here in Texas, we wear them all summer and sometimes all year depending on the weather! Also, I can't wait to try the muffins. I like that you can make them with "pantry" ingredients. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin