4.08.2014

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

It has been SO warm the past 2 days...in the 80s! It feels like Summer.
All my bananas turned super brown because of the heat, so I made one of my go-to snacks!
We are carb junkies in this house.
My girls love helping me make homemade breads & muffins because they really like having them for snacks at school or after school snacks.
Here is one of our favorites (can't believe I haven't shared it yet!)
Here is what you need:
-2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups overripe mashed bananas (about 3 bananas depending on size)
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
Optional: To add some protein, I also like to add 1/2 cup of Skippy Natural  Peanut Butter to the batch!
(I don't send the ones with PB in them to school because of nut allergies)

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda & salt:
In a different bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar & butter.
  Cream together. Then add the mashed bananas:
***If you are adding in the peanut butter, add it after the butter/eggs/sugar/bananas are mixed together***
I usually add 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter. 
 Then mix in the dry ingredients.
Mix until combined.
Add the 1 cup of mini chocolate chips:
Tip: I keep my mini chocolate chips in the freezer so that they keep their form while they bake in the oven.
Add batter to cupcake liners:
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes (until cooked all the way through)
Makes 1 dozen Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
This lasts our family about 48 hours :)
My girls ask me to make these at least once a week.
These are the perfect after school snack or they would be great to make for Easter brunch or for a baby shower.
Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger

Disclosure: This post was written as part of my participation in the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, the thoughts and statements in this post are my own.
 
Check out all my other breads & muffins in my Recipe Box {HERE}
Enjoy!

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin