11.13.2015

Fall Harvest Salad with Bacon, Apples + Glazed Pecans

A few weeks ago we had a Progressive Dinner with some friends.
We hosted the Salad portion at our house.
I served 3 salads and wanted one of them to have flavors of Fall.
I decided to make a Fall Harvest Salad and I threw together a bunch of ingredients & hoped that it would taste good....and it did! It is one of my new favorite salads, so I thought I would share it here!
 Here is what you need:

-Romaine Lettuce
- Apples ( I use Honey Crisp)
- 8 slices of bacon ( I use Hormel Thick Cut)
Cook your bacon & chop it up 
I cook my bacon in the oven at 450 degrees for about 15-18 minutes
- Blue Cheese (optional, if you don't like blue cheese omit it or use another type of cheese)
- Dried Cranberries
- Glazed Pecans (Recipe below)

Glazed Pecans:
 Here is what you need:
 Glazed Pecans:
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups Pecans

Put ingredients in a microwave safe bowl:
Mix above, stir to coat.
Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge or in your pantry!
**I make these the day before I make this salad**
If you make them the day of, you can always keep them in the fridge so that they cool faster.
These pecans taste like candy!
They are perfect to put in salads, like this one!

Back to the salad....
Once your bacon is cooled & chopped up, it's time to put the salad together.
Layer the lettuce, then the apples, blue cheese, cranberries & glazed pecans.
I toss this salad with a balsamic vinaigrette!
  
Yum.
Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger

Disclosure: This post was written as part of my participation in the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, the thoughts and statements in this post are my own.
This salad is so good & super easy to make!
I had everything prepped in the afternoon, so when the guests arrived at our house for the salad portion of the progressive dinner, I just tossed it with Balsamic Vinaigrette.

The other 2 salads I served at the Progressive Dinner were a Greek Salad & my Beet Salad:

 I just love a salad filled with lots of different flavors!

Hope you enjoy my Fall Harvest Blue Cheese, Bacon & Apple Salad as much as we do!

+++++++++++
And, a reminder...it's not too late to take my 60 day Challenge!


In less than 60 days from now it will be January 1, 2016
Take my 60 Day Skin Challenge and have fabulous skin for the Holidays and start your New Year right!
We have products for all skin types!

Take my Solutions Tool questionnaire to find out which regimen is perfect for you HERE
Become a Preferred Customer with PC Perks and give me 60 days.
  If on New Years Day you are not completely happy, send back the empty bottles, get all your money back!
You have nothing to lose and gorgeous skin to gain! 

Anne took the Reverse Challenge to get rid of pregnancy melasma & sun damage!

 Jackie took the Unblemish Challenge!

Amazing results in just 2 months!

For all new Preferred Customers who take my 60 day Challenge, you will get $20 cash back, 10% off your order, FREE shipping AND a FREE Essentials Item!


Email me to place an order & take my 60 day challenge!
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com

++++++++++

Hope you have a great weekend!
This is one of our first weekends with NO plans!!!
Soccer season is officially over, so no more soccer Saturdays until next August.
So excited to have a mellow weekend getting things done around the house & watching football!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I have had your beet salad for lunch two times this past week... Yum! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the apples turn brown with the dressing on the salad? Look for a teacher luncheon item?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin