10.17.2008

Love Thy Neighbor

For the most part, we have really great neighbors. Our neighbors immediately to the left and right are awesome! Kevin and I always talk about how lucky we are to have such nice neighbors.

On the left we have Chris, also known as "Chris Claus" because about once a week we will open our front door to find a present from Chris. It is either wine or DVD's of movies (that are currently out in the theaters..we don't ask how he gets them....) Chris works for a wine distributor and gets a lot of free wine which he hooks us up with!

On the right we have Brian & Gloria. They are in their 60's and are the most Republican & patriotic people I have EVER met. Brian is a Veteran who generously served our country. Gloria is a die hard Republican who volunteers every year for the local Republican's campaign. Kevin and I are Republican, but Brian & Gloria are OVER the TOP. You would probably notice this when you drive down our street. Which house is Brian & Gloria's? It is the one with the mini-van in the drive way with the American flag bumper stickers across the back window & all the political yard signs scattered across their lawn. This happens for every. single. election. Good thing we have similar political views as they do since this year they decided to place some of their political "propaganda" yard stakes in the lawn that separates our drive ways. It's a bit much, but they are such nice people we really can't complain about yard signs once a year.

Anyways, we have an American flag in our flag holder that we have out 24-7. We keep our flag out all year long. A few weeks ago Kevin and I were talking & he was saying that we should bring our flag in every night for proper flag ettiquette. I told him it is okay to have a flag out at night, but proper flag etiquette says that you should have a light shining on it. We never finished the conversation because we got interrupted by Kate or Claire.

Tonight, after we got home from our walk to the park I went inside to finish getting dinner ready. Kevin came in a few minutes later & asked me if I had seen what happened to our flag. I ran outside & there was a little light installed and a light was shining on our flag! We immediately knew that Brian our neighbor had installed the light! Isn't that so nice? Kevin and I panicked & wondered how long this light had been installed without us noticing. I told Kevin to go next door and thank them. Luckily, it was only installed 2 days ago, so we didn't feel like total idiots.

Look at our flag now & check out the light installed on the trim of our house. Thanks Brian!

And, because this is a blog about our family, here are 2 cute pics of my girls from earlier today.

Kate playing with my pink cell phone trying to call dada. We ended up calling him because she kept begging me to call dada on the "fone".


Check out how dark Claire's eyes are! I think she will be my brown eyed girl :)

4 comments:

  1. what awesome neighbors! Can they come teach my backyard neighbors a thing or two about civility and stewardship? ;) Love the flag, in all it's shining glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's amazing. How wonderful to have great neighbors. I feel like that's a rarity in today's times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    Https://www.facebook.com/104891335203341/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin