9.07.2018

Back to School Feast {2018} + Free Printables!

Every year we have our annual Back to School Feast for our kids.
Some people have this the night before school starts or the first night of school.
We have found that having it the first or second week of school works best for our kiddos.
They look forward to it so much.
 Ever since Kate started preschool, we have done a Back to School Feast to kick off the school year.
The kids get so excited to find out what the theme for the year is going to be & they wait upstairs while I decorate.
 
  I had a black chalkboard banner that you can see in the background & you can write on it with chalk, so I wrote our theme on that. 
I usually chose the "colors" of the Back to School Feast based on that I have in my party supply bins. 
I had flowers that Kevin got me for our Anniversary, so I decided to go with a pink, black & gold theme.
The theme this year is:
UNDIVIDED
The past several years, we have had our Back to School Feast outside, so most of the "decorations" were outside. I made some sayings & then printed them out and put them in frames.
 I got the idea of having the theme of Undivided from this Family Bible Study:
Kate went to Summer Camp with her youth group this Summer and when she got home she said she wanted to start doing a Family Bible Study each week. We are trying this one out!
It is 12 weeks long & has a theme each week, so I took those 12 chapter themes and made them into a printable.
 I uploaded all of the printables at the end of this post if you would like to download them :)

The kids love having Breakfast for Dinner for our Back to School Feast. 
 I give them the choice of Waffles, French Toast or Pancakes. 
 
This year they chose my homemade Pancakes. So light & fluffy and so good!
 
 I also had fresh berries, bacon, sausage & breakfast potatoes.
These are the roasted potatoes from Trader Joe's. So good!
We serve the kids Orange Juice in wine glasses
 And, fun straws to use...leftovers from parties in the past.
YUM!
  At the Back to School Feast, we talk about the theme for the year and what they are looking forward to & goals they have for the year.
We talked about the 12 themes of the Undivided book and how we can apply them to school, family & friends.

This is one of my favorite traditions! 
Check out the Themes from years past......
Back to School Feast {2010}
Back to School Feast {2011}
Back to School Feast {2012}
Back to School Feast {2013}
Back to School Feast {2014}
Back to School Feast {2015}
Back to School Feast {2016}
Back to School Feast {2017}

If you want any of these images/printables...here you go:
 To save them you can right click & hit save.
 These 3 verses I picked out for each of my kids:
 I should have used another font since the cursive is hard to read. Ooops!
 Even though it's hard to read, it's pretty :)

Do you have a Back to School Dinner with your kids?
It's a great way to start off the school year!

2 comments:

  1. I love your Back to School Dinners! What a fun tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empty nesters here now but we did do that when my kids were at home. It was so much fun and they also looked forward to it so much! We always did breakfast for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin