7.28.2009

Beach Babies

We are back from Pebble Beach!
It was wonderful & relaxing.
Kate did not want to leave, in fact, she cried as we drove back home saying, "I don't want to go home. I want to stay at Pebble Beach".
I couldn't agree with her more. I wanted to stay at Pebble Beach also!
We had a great time with my parents & sisters. The house we stay at is amazing, right off 17 mile drive. We are so lucky to stay in this house (We get to stay for free because of a company my dad does busniess with hooks him up with this house!) And, the best part is, there is a fully stocked fridge, gift basket & wine! This is our 2nd time staying there. The first time was in November, you can read about that trip HERE.

The weather in Pebble Beach was COLD! It didn't seem like the middle of summer! It was foggy & in the 60's the whole weekend. We wore jeans & hoodies the entire time. The weather reminded me of the Fall, which is great since Fall is my favorite season. It was nice to have cooler weather there, since it was in the 90's at home.
We honestly didn't do that much during our time there. We stopped at the Monterey Bay Aquarium on the way there. That was the big outing we did!

The rest of the time we.........

hung out at the house & let the girls run around the awesome backyard




went to the beach for a "family photo shoot"
(which was kind of a fail, here is a sneak peek of what I was dealing with, Kate & Claire both not looking at the camera, or Kate was trying to choke-hold Claire. ugh!)
I am still editing the pictures, I got a few that are decent.
ate yummy food,
drank good wine (and opened the chocolate covered wine bottle that our neighbor gave us when Claire was born),
went on walks to the beach

hoped to see the sunset, but since it was so foggy, we were out of luck
(but that didn't stop me from doing an impromptu photo shoot of my girls!)
Of course, I couldn't get any of them together, but here are some individual ones:



searched in the tide pools for ocean life:
We found a little crab!
watched movies & played Mexican Train Dominoes
(I was the overall winner, thankyouverymuch!)
As you know, the girls don't sleep well when we travel. I am happy to report that the magic pajamas worked very well for Claire & she slept awesome! Kate on the other had was a different story...she ended up coming into bed with us both nights at about 1am. (FYI, this was the first time we have ever let us sleep with us in our bed, but we let her because we didn't want her to wake up the rest of my family!)

Kate has been talking about Pebble Beach non-stop since we got home. Every few hours she says, "Can we go to the beach?" or "I want to go back to the Beach."
She is such a beach baby! We miss you Pebble Beach, can't wait to go back!

3 comments:

  1. i am starting to get a bit more than jealous...you take the coolest vacations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of the cold weather!!!!
    Looks like a fun trip.

    Since we came home from Disney, all Hailey asks is if we can go back.

    If only vacations lasted forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun. Claire's beanie is adorable! Makes me want to go to the coast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin