7.11.2009

Sellouts.

Kevin and I are officially sellouts.

We left for Tahoe this morning.

45 minutes into the drive, Kate is complaining about wanting to get out of her carseat.

"I want to go home!" & "Where are we going?" ....over and over and over again.

We stop at a Target parking lot in Roseville so that I can nurse Claire.

Kevin goes in & comes out with a portable DVD player & a movie for Kate.

Sonic is across the street.
(We rarely get fast food, maybe 1 or 2 times a year and if we do, we go to In-N-Out)

But, it is Sonic. We don't have those in the Bay Area.
Vanilla Diet Coke. So good.

French Fries & Chicken strips for Kate.

Happy girl. Happy parents.

Claire slept most of the trip (it is less than a 3 hour drive).

Quiet drive the rest of the way to Tahoe.

Like I said before, Kevin and I are officially sellouts.

P.S. The best part about this is that we said we would NEVER give our kids fast food & we would NEVER get a DVD player for our car. But, that was before we were sellouts.

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I sold out about a year ago when I had a 7 hour transcontinental flight. Elmo saved my keester. We've been DVDing it ever since, though we have a rule that it is only allowed on trips longer than 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not selling out; it's creative problem solving!

    We have a DVD player that came with our car. My grandpa likes to tell us how they used to drive from Alaska to Wisconson every summer with 3 kids and they never needed DVD's or other silly electronic gizmos.

    I like to remind him that his 3 kids were laying down with sleeping bags in the back of their station wagon, able to move around, play games, sleep etc.

    My kids are in 5 point harnesses so tight they can barely breath and can't even bend down to pick up a dropped crayon.

    I'm happy to have our car seats; but I'm keeping my DVD player!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason isn't even 6 months old... and already I've lost track of the times I've broken the "I said I would never..." rules!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin