9.09.2016

Claire's Flamingo Pool Party

Last Saturday was Claire's Flamingo Pool Party.
My kids choose the theme for their party several months in advance. Earlier this year, Claire said she wanted a Hawaiian Luau Party, but then in May she changed her mind to a Flamingo Pool Party.
She loves flamingos (she has flamingo pj's, flamingo t-shirts & a flamingo dress) and pink is her favorite color, so this party was perfectly Claire!

Here is the invite....I had 2 versions. Claire couldn't decide on which one she liked better, so we 1/2 the invites with this design:
And, I printed the other 1/2 in this design:

One of my friends used to "flock" people as a fundraiser. She has a ton of flamingos, so I asked her if I could borrow some for Claire's party. 
There were flamingos all over my front yard & backyard.
So fun!
They were the perfect touch for decorations :)
I also put some in the backyard & around the pool:
 Other decorations were pink balloons & Claire's favorite flamingo pool float was also perfect :)
Decorations on the inside were pretty simple also. I had tissue balls hanging up over the food table:

I did a variety of pink tissue paper to give more "pop"

I love how it turned out:

You can never have too much pink :)
I wanted the pom poms to look like flamingo feathers:
I also used a couple pink lanterns:
I made a Claire banner:
It was a pink explosion at our house...I loved it :)

I'm obsessed with tissue poms :)

Alternate view of Kitchen decorations:
 Because the party was from 3-4:30, I just had light bites for the kids.

I got this banner at Target:

Kettle Corn:

Hot Dog & Pineapple Kabobs:

Other snacks:
Veggies & Hummus:

Flamingo Roll Ups:

Watermelon:

Lots of pink gerber daisies:

Gold 8 from {HERE}

I love fresh cut flowers :)
For drinks I had Pink Flamingo Punch (Lemonade) and Pool Water (Blue Gatorade)
Some of the girls thought "pool water" was really pool water. Kids are funny.
I got the straws {HERE}

Plates & Napkins:

As you know, I love a dessert table :)

The back drop was a banner & balloons:

The table was pretty simple for this party.

 I also had a flamingo balloon:
 For the dessert table I had Flamingo fruit puffs:
I decided to make the toppers with pink straws to add some more pink :)

I also added some red food coloring to make the filling of the fruit puffs pink. The more pink, the better!

 Flamingo Rock Candy:
I had some macaroons....another one of Claire's favorites:

8 toppers {HERE}

Flamingo legs:

Flamingo food (aka: Jelly Belly's)

Another AMAZING cake made by my mother in law:

Her cakes are seriously the best!
Close up of the straws:
 Plates:
 I totally loved the pink & gold color scheme!
Claire was in heaven with all the decorations!
You can never have too many balloons :)
Can't believe Claire is 8!
For favors, I had my usual.....cookie favors!

I got the cookies {HERE}
I think I have done cookie favors at pretty much every single one of my kids parties!
So, there you have it....another birthday party in the books!
This was one of the easiest parties I have thrown.
There were 8 girls and they swam almost the entire time.
When they weren't swimming, they were jumping on the trampoline.
Claire has such a sweet group of friends.
This was one of my favorite parties I have thrown for her....Pink is also my favorite color :)

*****************
Claire's Parties throughout the years:
7th Birthday - Claire's Shabby Chic Tea Party
6th Birthday - Claire's Mermaid Swim Party
5th Birthday - Claire's Tangled Party 
4th Birthday - Claire's Candy Shoppe Party
3rd Birthday - Claire's Cowgirl Party
2nd Birthday - Claire's Ladybug Party
1st Birthday - Claire's Ice Cream Party

To see all the other kid's parties I have thrown, click HERE for my Party Tab!

Today is her actual birthday....Happy 8th Birthday Claire!

11 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I bet Claire and her friends had the best time. Hope she has a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling birthday party! I just love all the flamingo details. What a great party planner you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is ADORABLE!!
    I especially love the pink macarons with gold 8's, the pink flamingo cookies, and all of your amazing graphics!
    Happy Birthday, Claire!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I say it every time, but seriously... you throw the best parties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the PINK!!!! Your MIL makes the best cakes!!! So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What awesome little details. I had a flamingo pool party for my four year old over the summer. If I had seen yours before would have definitely copied some of your ideas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out SO great!! I need to pin for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest party theme!! I loved all the little details, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is MY dream party! Happy Birthday to Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in my 30s and have a December birthday, but I want this to be my theme! :) Loved it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great theme for a birthday party. I love all the decorations and foods.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin