9.18.2015

Claire's Birthday Tea Party

Claire's 7th Birthday Party was on Saturday. 
She wanted a Tea Party, but more specifically, an American Girl Tea Party.
Claire wanted roses & wanted the colors to be pink, red & aqua and have all her friends bring their American Girl Doll.
Here is the invite that I made for her party:
I decided to have the tea party in our front yard because it was a nice setting for a "garden" Tea Party. 
2 years ago, I had her Tangled Birthday Party in our front yard & it worked out really well!
 We have some hydragena bushes & rose bushes in the front yard, so it is a perfect setting for a tea party!
 I kept the decorations simple...put up some tissue puffs in our Japenesse Maple:
It was the perfect setting for a Tea Party :)
 I hung a bunting above the cake table (which is a bunting I used at Claire's Cowgirl Party)
My favorite part was setting the table for the Tea Party.
 I used the same table cloth as ones I used for Claire's Cowgirl Party...gotta love re-using party decor!
 I had tea cups & saucers for each girl:
 I made name tags for each tea cup:
I loved how they turned out!
I used my vintage blue mason jars for the flowers:
And, I found these cute napkins at a local party store:
It was definitely a "shabby chic" themed Tea Party
 For the food, I kept it simple since it was a Tea Party & it was from 2-3:30.
 Chocolate Chip Banana Recipe {HERE}
We had a variety of "tea" sandwiches:
 I got these & these cookie cutters to cut out the sandwiches.
 These girls had so much fun :)
 Dessert Table:
 I kept it pretty simple:
 
My mother in law made one of her awesome cakes:
 Claire was VERY specific on what she wanted her cake to look like.
She wanted an aqua rectangle cake with a pink tea cup on it with flowers.
Can't believe she is 7!
Other desserts I had were: 
 For drinks I had Raspberry Lemonade, Pink Lemondade & Sweet Tea:
 The week & day of her party was 100 degreees, so that is why we had lemonade/sweet tea for her party instead of hot tea :)
 For activities, I set up 3 craft stations:
 I got these cool tea cup planters
 This is what they looked like after they were painted:
Inside I set up a necklace station:
 
 I also set up a coloring station:
 And, of course all the American Girl Dolls that Claire's friends brought so they could play with their dolls. They are all obsessed with AG Dolls!
 For favors, the girls got cookies:
 Singing happy birthday to Claire:
 This was such a fun party & Claire had a blast, so that is all that matters!
Hope you enjoyed Claire's Shabby Chic American Girl Birthday Tea Party as much as we did!

24 comments:

  1. I love every single detail...but I really love how you had the party in the front yard! It made for a beautiful setting! Such a pretty and sweet party :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove to read about your parties! Amazing as usual. Love the food and decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a storybook party!! I am so impressed with every detail and how creative to move to the front yard!! Love it - Happy Birthday Claire!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Shabby Chic party Mel, looks just perfect and what a gift to Claire (and to you to re-use party supplies!)
    I've made these Strawberry and Cream mini muffins with sour cream and other times Greek yoghurt - so good (found from another blog and fun children's tea party) http://johnson-mccormick.com/2011/07/food-friday-strawberries-and-cream-mini-muffins/
    - Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this teacup themed party!! Such a sweet party.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her Converse and her dress!! What a fun party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another awesome party, Mel! My daughter would LOVE this party! Pink, flowers, tea & American girl dolls...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness...I am dying b/c Savannah keeps talking about having a tea party themed bday party when she turns 5 in December. I'm so not a party planner and was clueless on where to start brainstorming how to pull it off! This is perfect timing, Mel! Thanks so much for sharing - it turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the CUTEST party I have ever seen! So many cute and pretty details. And the cookie favors?!? Too fun! This would work for a baby or wedding shower too. Well done, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Favorite part is Claire's girly girl pink dress and the red Converse...that is SO Anna! :) Happy Birthday, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this! We are doing something very similar for my daughter's party in mid October! Would you be willing to share a printable for the invitation you did? I understand if not :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are the types of parties I dreamed of when I learned we were adopting a baby girl. You did such a great job and those cupcake toppers are so cute! Did you make them or get them from a local bakery? And the floral background to the invites has my name all over it!! I hope one day Ellie will be into things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PERFECT!!! This party was so, so, lovely!! Great job mama! (As usual!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet Mel! Your parties are always so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great party! I would have died for an American girl tea party when I was seven! Haha. Great job! Ps: I love her pink dress with red converse!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous party! Simple and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your parties never cease to amaze me. They are always so perfect! This one makes me wish I had a girl (3 boys). 😊

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in awe of every little detail!!
    What a beautiful birthday party for beautiful Claire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this tea party is truly stunning! I love how you arrange this party in the backyard. When it comes to party planning, I am very bad at it. So I always prefer hosting my parties at the outdoor NYC venues as there is no headache of decoration and other things over there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin