7.23.2012

Little Man Baby Shower

As soon as my sister Rebecca found out she was having a boy, I went into major Baby Shower planning mode. All I know is girl parties, so it was very fun to figure out a Boy theme.
I was going to do a Vintage Cowboy party (because I have so much stuff I could re-use from Claire's Cowgirl Party) but, since that party was less than a year ago, I went a different direction and decided on a Little Man Shower (since her baby is the first little man in our family...that we know of!)
I decided to go with a navy blue/lime green color scheme because Rebecca isn't a fan of baby blue. I knew I wanted to incorporate ties & not just mustaches (like I have seen with other Little Man Parties)
I made 2 invites for her to chose from:
Ties & Polka Dot:
Mustache & Argyle:
(We used the Ties/Polka Dot one, but both invites are available in my Etsy Shop)

The shower was on Saturday & it was a blast. When we picked the date for the shower months ago, I realized I was going to be 37 weeks pregnant, but I made it to 40 weeks with both girls, so I was just praying this baby would stay put until after her shower! And, it did! Good job, baby :)
Here are some pictures from the shower:
Drink Station:
Link
I got the straws here & just added mustaches to them.
I used mason jars for cups & wrote names on tags for each person:



Appetizers:



It was a luncheon, so we decided on a variety of salads for lunch.
My mom, aunt & older sister helped make/prep the salads.


Because there were going to be about 30 people at the shower, I planned on having everyone eat outside in our backyard. Of course, the day of the shower, it was almost 100 degrees, but thankfully we were able to borrow umbrellas from our neighbor, so it helped shade the tables.
I ordered some fabric online & used fabric as table cloths.
Mason jars with flowers were the center pieces. Simple & easy.





Other decorations I had inside my house:
I made a onesie clothesline & one the onesies I sewed on ties (with the fabric I had for the tablecloths)
Close up of some of the tie onesies:
And, an initial oneise for Baby J:
The onesie bunting was a backdrop to my dessert table. You know me...I love a dessert table!
Fruit Cup Puffs!
Close up of the 4 types of cupcake toppers I made:
More Bunting:
Rebecca with some of her friends from childhood:
Jason's sister is due a few weeks after Rebecca (also with a boy) & they both had on basically the same dress! It was awesome.
My sisters & I with one of our family friends:
Favors:
I am all about the cookie favors. It is my go-t0 party favor. Aren't these onesies with ties adorable?
I had fun making the little signs to go along with the theme:
My mom, Aunt, sisters & I at the end of the shower:
It was such a fun shower & Baby Boy Baker got hooked up with all sorts of fun new things.
Can't wait for Rebecca & Jason's Little Man to make his appearance this September!

And, don't forget to link up your favorite Summer Salads this Friday!


Linking up HERE & HERE

14 comments:

  1. Your parties always have the best details! Love the theme... Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of it!!! Such a pretty color scheme too. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love all the little details and those cookies are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute, cute shower! love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinking cute, Mel! You did an awesome job! Love all of that argyle and polka dots. :) The bunting is ADORABLE. And all while pregnant-- you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute stuff! BTW I made your corn dip for my kids' party this past weekend. It was a big hit! Definitely my go-to dip from now on, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely shower! all the details are fabulous. where did you find the hanging accents?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise- I made the pom poms, but the hanging circles with polka dots & stripes are from Party City!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot possibly choose my favorite detail from the shower. It's all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute!! I'm most likely going to start pinning like crazy! Found on Tatter Tots and Jello. xoxo Debbie @ InspiredHoneyBee.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super cute party. I love the little man theme for a baby shower. Would you consider linking this up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute to the max!! love every detail.
    and i think blue and green are my fave colors right now!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fantastic baby shower ceremony. These pictures gave me goosebumps to be there at this time. Well, this is a very compelling and attracting ceremony where everyone will want to be there if seen. Especially, the foods and snacks are tempting. This is the happiest period of your whole family, friend circles, relatives and for everyone related to you. However, the new parents must learn some good parenting style for the betterment of their child.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin