5.16.2012

Gender Reveal Party

This weekend was my sister's Gender Reveal party for her baby that is due 6 weeks after me.
My sister had her 20 week appointment on Friday & had the Dr. put the gender in a sealed envelope. They took the sealed envelope along with with a box to a party store store & asked them to fill & seal the box with either blue or pink balloons depending on what the card said.
I brought 2 presents for my sister. First, my friend Wendy's book on Motherhood. If you don't have it, buy it!
And, secondly....Chocolate! Hershey bars that I colored to say He R She.
Lots of Pink & Blue at the party.
Pink Lemonade & Blue Raspberry
I made some cupcakes & cupcake toppers for the party:
For the party (which was mostly family from both sides), we wore either pink or blue depending on what we thought they were having and then we also got to place our vote on the box.
Rebecca was wearing pink & voting for pink.
Jason was wearing blue & voted boy.
We were all SO excited for them to open the box that we made them open it before dinner.
Everyone cast their vote. 7 people voted Boy & 8 people voted Girl.
They couldn't wait to open the box & see what color balloons flew out. I loved that they waited to find out until the party! The suspense was killing everyone!
It's a........
BOY!!!!!!!!!!
As you can see, my whole family (besides my dad & Kevin) wore Pink.
We were wrong! Can't believe they are having a Boy. So fun!
Congratulations, Rebecca & Jason on Baby Boy Baker.
I have already started planning the shower! I have never done a boy party, so this will be fun!
Jason is over the moon excited. Rebecca is excited too, but is not sure what to do with a boy. All we know in this family is Girls!
Now, the big question is....will her baby have a girl cousin or a boy cousin?
I am kinda hoping I have a boy now too so we can learn about raising boys together!
*************************************
Don't forget about the Cupcake Carnival Link up this Friday, 5.18.12
Link up your favorite Cupcake recipes!


AND

Leave a comment on THIS post telling me who your favorite teacher was and BlogHer will donate $1 toward The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

25 comments:

  1. This is adorable! The look on her face opening that box is priceless! Boys are so awesome. I was scared too, but he is the love of my life. And always nice to have a boy to balance out the girl drama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so cool they waited until the party to find out! How fun for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the cutest thing ever. what a cool way to find out (and share) the baby's gender. i will have to keep this in mind :) congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for baby boy! How fun.
    I need that book. Googling it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea!!

    One of the parents from the day care center I used to work at were expecting twins and did a similar thing but took two pink and two blue cupcakes to the doctor and had him put the right two back. That night at their party they got to enjoy two blue cupcakes!

    The balloons are so fun though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just the coolest!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loveeeeee having a boy!! How exciting for them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the idea of having the shop put the correct colored balloons in the box. I've seen people ask the bakery to make either a blue or pink cake, but never balloons. I'll have to remember that one for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AW! I got teary looking at her face when they opened the box! Love it! I wanted a girl too and my heart melted big time with my little boy. She will be great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is THE cutest gender reveal idea ever. And I had no idea the "Hershey" bar had both of those on there, lol! Yay for a BOY! Your little guy will have someone to play with... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea! I love it! I've always thought I would wait till birth to find out the gender, but if I find out prior, this is the way I'll do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great idea! loved the pics! congrats to everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I've never heard of a gender reveal party. What a great idea! Almost makes me wish I could have another baby! With our 2nd we just waited to find out in the delivery room. I guess it was our very own private little gender reveL party! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this! We had a gender reveal party & used the cake as our reveal! We've already been brainstorming for our next party & a box of balloons was on the list! such a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun! Our family looks for any excuse to get together, too. Might as well celebrate as much as possible!! She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this. I love that you can see the excitement in her face when the balloons are flying out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was exciting to watch the box open and I don't even know them! What a GREAT idea! I can't wait to be able to do things like this with my future grandchildren's moms. Someday. Not now. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. so cute!

    i love that they didn't find out until everyone else found out. what a clever idea!

    we were like you, we didn't find out with any of our kids. with mauryn, my dr had to write it on my chart that i didn't want to know if it was a boy or girl. i was his only patient at the time who wanted it a secret. when i had mauryn, the nurses/drs were so excited for a "surprise" baby. it made it so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a FUN and cute party!!! I can imagine their excitement as they saw the balloons floating up. Congrats on a nephew. :) Cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a FUN and cute party!!! I can imagine their excitement as they saw the balloons floating up. Congrats on a nephew. :) Cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a FUN and cute party!!! I can imagine their excitement as they saw the balloons floating up. Congrats on a nephew. :) Cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a FUN and cute party!!! I can imagine their excitement as they saw the balloons floating up. Congrats on a nephew. :) Cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay this party is AMAZING! I'm doing some gender reveal stuff for some friends so this gives me great ideas--thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin