10.17.2017

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Crumble Cake

I love making ALL the pumpkin things in October & November.
I have a rotation of pumpkin desserts that I make  (I make 1 pumpkin dessert each week)
This cake is one that I make each Fall...I can't believe I haven't blogged it yet.
I'm a little behind on my blogging these days...the Northern California fires have really distracted me the past week. It's all just so devastating & heartbreaking. Please continue to pray.
I made this cake last week....Whenever I am sad, I like to bake, it cheers me up.
This cake is full of pumpkin flavor,  has a beautiful cream cheese ribbon and topped with a delicious crumble.
Here is what you need:
 Cake:
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree

Cream Cheese Filling:
1 (8 ounce) box of cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Crumb Topping:
6 tablespoons butter slightly softened
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon 

Directions:
In a bowl, mix 1 stick of  butter (softened) with 1 1/2 cups sugar.

 Next, add 3 eggs and stir until blended.
 Add pumpkin puree & mix just until combined.

In medium bowl whisk together 1 3/4 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
Add this flour mixture to the pumpkin mix, stirring slowly until combined.
 
Spread HALF of this pumpkin mixture to the a 9x13 pan sprayed with a cooking spray.

In another bowl with hand mixer beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth and creamy. Add 1 egg and vanilla and mix just until incorporated.
**Be sure and microwave the cream cheese for 30-40 seconds. It makes it much smoother when you mix it**
 
  Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake mixture.
Now add the rest of the pumpkin cake mixture to the pan, carefully spreading with a spatula.

In medium bowl combine  1/3 cup flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. 
 
Add in 6 tablespoons melted butter & combine:

Sprinkle with the crumb topping.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean)
 Allow to cool 20 minutes before cutting & then serve.....

 This cake is delicious....

But it is even better when you add some whipped cream on top :)

Look at that beautiful cream cheese ribbon going through the cake....
Be sure a Refrigerate the leftovers of this cake. 
 YUM!

I hope you love this cake as much as we do!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I wish i had a piece for breakfast now 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh helloooooo. Those look AMAZING!! Can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp cell number  +2347012841542 Website (https://emutemple.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin