3.29.2017

What's Up Wednesday :: March 2017

It's the last Wednesday of the month, that means it's time for our What's Up Wednesday Link Up!

Link up with  me, Sheaffer & Shay the LAST Wednesday of each month so we can read about What's Up with YOU!

Here we go!
What We’re Eating this week.....
Monday: Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry

Tuesday:  Calzones and Caesar Salad
Wednesday: Instant Pot Butter Chicken
 

Thursday:  Baked Santa Fe Tacos

Friday: Friday Night Pizza Night!


For an afternoon snack this week, I have a bunch of bananas, so I am making my kids favorite:
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins:


What I'm Reminiscing about.....
Since Easter is in a couple weeks, I am reminiscing about Easter Bunny photos.
If you have read my blog for awhile, you know I love crying kids with Santa & the Easter Bunny.
This one is one of my favorites of the girls circa 2010.

So good. LOL!

 What I'm Loving.....
I'm loving the   Rodan + Fields March Madness Sale is going on & ends on Friday!
I LOVE that I can offer you guys such a great discount!
You get $20 cash back, 17% off your order and FREE Shipping!
 If you order now through Friday, you also get a FREE Sunless Tanner!!
This always sells out in the Spring, get yours now....for FREE!
Have you been thinking about Lash Boost? Now is the time to get it at an amazing price.
I would LOVE to help you with your skin care needs!
 
  2 of my top sellers (besides Lash Boost!) are our Reverse line (for sun damage/pregnancy melasma/age spots) 
Unblemish is also a top seller..because it works! It was named the #1 Acne Skin care line in the US.
Here are Olivia's results after 8 months:
We have products for all skin types. 
 You can take this quick 6 question survey to find out what products are best for your skin {HERE}
All our products come with a 60 day empty bottle 100% money back guarantee. 
You have nothing to lose...what are you waiting for?
I would love to help you get started! 
 Email me: melissa_larson17@yahoo.com
 
What We've been up to.....
Tahoe, Tahoe, Tahoe.
We've gone almost every other weekend since Christmas. We actually got snowed in & stuck in Tahoe the first weekend of March. It was crazy the amount of snow we got...look at our neighbors cabin!
We just got back from another weekend in Tahoe and it was our 10th day skiing this winter. Kevin had the brilliant idea of getting us season passes for Christmas this year.
Who knew the snow this winter would be record breaking? It made it that much more fun. I don't remember the last time I skied 10 days in one season. All 3 kids have become such great skiers this year.
 Winter 2017, we will never forget you....so many memories & the year all 5 of us could finally ski together as a family.

What I'm Dreading.....
 I have SO much grading to do by Friday.
Next week is Spring Break, so I want to make sure that I am all caught up!
I have 150 homework packets & 150 Tests to grade in the next 2 days.
AHHHH!!!!


What I'm Working On.....
 Besides working on all that grading,  I am also working on an itinerary for an impromptu Spring Break Road Trip we are going on next week!
You gotta love living in California....snow & mountain a few hours away in one direction and if you drive a few hours in the other direction, it's all beaches!
 
What I'm Excited About.....
See above photo....Spring Break next week!
It's been a fun winter with all the rain, snow & skiing..... but now bring on the sand, sun & flip flops!
It's going to be a fun road trip :)


What I'm Watching........
It's March, so that means we have been watching tons of basketball!

TV shows....
Switched at Birth


Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
And, most recently I just started...Gossip Girl.
Ugh...I have a love/hate with this show. Have you seen it?
 
What I'm Reading.....
Last month I read The Perfect Girl & really liked it so, I read another book by the same author....
What She Knew:
One of you recommended the Will Trent series to me, so I read the first one:

Trypitch 
 It was good...very intense & graphic.... so I needed a lighter read after that.

The Magnolia Story

I didn't think I could love Chip & Jo Jo more than I already did. This book was so great, I loved hearing about how they met & how they started Magnolia. If you watch Fixer Upper, then you need to read this book!


Fractured
This is book 2 in the Will Trent Series. I am about halfway through and I like it so far!

What I'm Listening to.....
One of my current favorites is Lady Gaga's Million Reasons:
I'm also still loving Pandora's Tops Hits,

What I'm Wearing.....
 Spring in California means saying goodbye to sweaters & saying hello to layers & light weight tops paired with jeans & booties or flats!

Here are 3 outfits I wore a lot this month:

 Shirt // Vest  // Jeans // Booties




Shirt // Jeans // Booties



Shirt Stitch Fix // Jeans //  Flats 
 
What I’m doing this weekend.....
 The girls each have a birthday party to go to and I will also be packing/getting ready for our road trip!

What I'm Looking Forward to next month.....
Easter! 
This is one of my favorite times of year.
My kids and I can't wait to "Egg" their friends the week of Easter.
This is one of our favorite traditions.
Free Printable & Instructions on this post!


What else is new.....
I got an Apple Watch as prize a couple months ago (thanks Rodan + Fields!) but I've never worn it.
I finally charged it & synced it with my phone...but now what?
 Tell me why you love it and why I need to start wearing it.

Question of the month is:
What is your favorite Spring Wardrobe piece?
Spring in California is all about layers because it can be cooler temps in the morning/evening but warm during the day, so these 2 jackets are some of my go-to pieces in the Spring:

  Denim Jacket:

If I am not wearing my denim jacket, I am wearing this Cargo Jacket:

You can get it HERE


+++++++++++++

If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by!
Feel free to follow along! 
You can find me on Bloglovin, Facebook & Instagram

Can't wait to read about What's up with all of YOU!

 
              

16 comments:

  1. I looooove that cargo jacket and the Magnolia Story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous about how close you live to both the ocean and the mountains! Those Tahoe pics are my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I binge-watched GG not too long ago! I remember it being up and down for me, but I just could not stop watching! But One Tree Hill is still my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you have me homesick for California!! Loving the Insta Pot photos - I need to jump on the bandwagon. Also, YAY for your Apple watch!! My favorite is tracking fitness classes/activity (and calories), but I've definitely answered a few phone calls on it (while getting in the car, going upstairs) and it was so handy! Plus, here in the South the weather changes every five minutes, so it's awesome to get a glimpse at the forecast whenever I want! :) Can't wait to hear what you think about it - Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jean jacket is definitely a spring staple in my closet (and classroom!) Super jealous of your upcoming beach vacay- the ocean is so good for my soul! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE my apple watch! I love using it to track my workouts! I also love that sunless tanner! I need to start using it again now that its spring time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I named Lash Boost as one of the things I'm loving right now too on my What's Up Wednesday post! My eyelashes have never been so long!!! Where has this stuff been all my life?!

    That Inspired Chick

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got a lot of snow up here this year, but Wow, that is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that snow is incredible!! And Your spring break trip will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your chocolate chip banana muffins are my FAVORITE! I make them all the time! It's been a while now, though, so I think we're about due for some. I really need to organize my recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to try this instant pot recipe. I have been loving all the snow that Tahoe has gotten. Mt. Rose just hit over 700 inches. So crazy. I love Spring skiing and can't wait to go up there this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today was a gorgeous day in Pismo and Avila Beach! Are you heading to Santa Barbara? I just love the central coast! I have an Apple watch. I love it for all the steps I take, the apps that are on it, looking at Text messages and responding right on my watch. I use it for logging my workouts, checking my heart BPM (I have issues with that!) so it keeps a record of when my BPM spikes and I can show my doctor. You can even answer your phone but its weird to talk into my phone. I can also listen to my songs thru my wireless headphones but you do need to have the iPhone by if you are going to want to talk or text while out for a jog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am new to your blog and joined the link up today for the first time (thanks for hosting). I also talked about my Instant Pot and am cracking up because I made the Butter Chicken last night and hated it! I scrolled down and saw your recipe was different than the one I used so I may try it again...Gossip Girl is great - one of my favorite shows of all-time. Set up an appointment with Apple to walk you through all the cool things you can do with your watch. I love mine, but still need a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a love/hate relationship my apple watch, since my phone is always on silent mode at the bottom of my purse, I never miss a call or text with the watch. Also use all the Fitness features, heart rate monitor/run tracker/calories burned etc. I love the reminder setting, super helpful on crazy mornings when I need to make sure my kids bring their soccer gear or musical instrument to school on certain days. I don't like the constant alerts when I am in a group text tho, and just recently figured out how to turn the volume down so it doesn't ring while I am in a meeting/church! Also, turned off email notifications, I didn't need to know when pottery barn and the gap were emailing me:) Love your striped shirt, but link only brings me to Norstrom's front page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to win this! I really need a new swim suit this year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin