1.30.2015

Five on Friday

Happy Friday!!!

It's time for 5 on Friday....I will call this the Randomness Edition!

{ONE}
Do you watch Parenthood?
We didn't start watching it until 2 years ago and thanks to Netflix, we were able to start watching from the beginning. 
Last night was the Series Finale.....I won't ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet, but I don't know the last time I cried so much during a Finale. 
I had the Ugly cry going on. 
Sigh.
Love the Braverman Family!
If you have watched it, read THIS interview from the creator of the show & it gives some fun background info about the fianle.
Even though it was a tear jerker, I feel like I have closure with the show because of how it finished.
Did you watch the finale?

{TWO}
The Superbowl is this Sunday!!! 
The Seahawks & Patriots are 2 of my least favorite teams in the NFL (sorry if you like them) so I am not looking forward to the actual game. I don't want the Seahawks to win because they won last year and they are in the same division as the 49ers, so we have a rivalry going.
I don't want the Patriots to win because of the whole "deflate-gate". I don't like cheaters.
And, the Patriots have won so many Superbowls and if Tom Brady wins another one then he will pass Joe Montana as the winningest Super Bowl quarterback.
So, since I don't want either of them to win, I am all about the food, the friends & the Superbowl Squares for this Sunday!
We are heading to a Super Bowl party at our friends house and I am bringing an appetizer.
I thought I would highlight some of the appetizers I have on my blog in case you are looking for appetizer ideas!

7 Layer Dip:
)
 Recipe {HERE}

Cheesy Pepperoni Dip:
Recipe {HERE}


Chili Cheese Dip:

Recipe {HERE}

Corn Dip:
Recipe {HERE}

Blue Cheese & Bacon Dip:
Recipe {HERE}

Jalapeno Poppers (with Bacon & BBQ Sauce)
Recipe {HERE}

Perfect Potato Skins:

Recipe {HERE}


{THREE}
I have mentioned making homemade Calzones on my blog before, so here is the recipe....quick & easy!

Calzones are one of the first things I made for dinner when Kevin and I were first married. 
The first 2 years of our marriage, I worked at our church & was the Assistant Director of Student Ministries and we would have our youth group kids over for dinner at least once a week. Making them calzones was one of my go-to meals for them because:
1) They are quick & easy to make
2) They are filling
3) They don't cost very much to make (we did not have much $ our first 2 years of marriage because we used most of our money all to buy a house, so we were house poor. I was working at our church and I was getting my teaching credential at the same time. So, needless to say when we had youth group kids over for dinner I needed to make something that didn't break the bank and that was filing....high school kids eat a lot!
I would serve our Calzones with a big Caeser Salad.
Here is what you need:
 - Fresh Pizza Dough ( I got mine at Trader Joes, but Safeway has it also)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Toppings of your choice (we love Hormel Pepperoni)
- Pizza Sauce
- Olive Oil
-Italian Seasoning

Directions:
Roll out your Pizza dough like you are making a pizza:
 Place rolled out dough on a cookie sheet (I use parchment paper on the cookie sheet...less mess!)
On one half of the dough, add pizza sauce:
Add some cheese:
Add your toppings:
Then, fold over the dough to cover it up:
Make sure you pinch the dough around the outside:
I always like to add a little olive oil on the top of the calzone (just a little bit!) Then I sprinkle with Italian seasoning:
Bake at 450 for 12-15 mintues until the dough is lightly browned:
I know "traditional" calzones don't have sauce in the dough and instead you dip your calzone in the sauce that is on the side. I really like sauce, so I add mine in the dough AND I dip it!

Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger

Disclosure: This post was written as part of my participation in the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, the thoughts and statements in this post are my own.

{FOUR}
Our January Rodan + Fields Special ends tomorrow!
 For all new preferred customers you get $20 cash back, 10% off your order, FREE shipping AND a FREE Lip Micro-Dermabrasion stick.

It is my FAVORITE for the winter weather that causes chapped lips!
It removes dead skin cells and exfoliates flaky lip tissues in just a few swipes. This easy to use, conditioning treatment makes lips look and feel more defined and youthful by renewing the surface and reducing lipstick bleeding. I use it each morning and every night before bed. 
The stick lasts over 4 months!

I would love to help you with your skin care needs...wrinkles, sun damage, pregnancy melasma, acne (teens & adults) senstitve ski, rosacea....we have products for ALL skin types!
Find out what is best for your skin by taking this quick 6 question survey:
 {HERE}
Email me today with questions or to place an order!
melissa_larson17{at}yahoo.com

{FIVE}
 I wanted to say thanks for your comments on Kate's Pizzeria Party post!
It was really a fun party & pretty simple to throw...not to mention it was probably the least amount of money I have spent on a party!

Now that Kate's party is over, it's time to start planning the next kid party, which is Luke's....in August.
It's never too early to start planning a party, right?
I think I already have a theme....a Construction Theme.
Luke loves tractors & front loaders & all things Construction.
Plus, I saw this cute pin on Pinterest this week and it made me realize how fun this theme could be.

 I really love throwing parties :) 

And.....
Pinspired will be on Monday February 2nd!
Link up your Pinterest inspired outfits with
myself, Sheaffer & Shay
Looking forward to see what you link up!
Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Dips, Parenthood and Calzones??? My three favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recorded Parenthood last night because I knew I wasn't going to be able to watch it without crying like a baby! lol! I need alone time for that! Not a fan of either team in the Super Bowl either, but if I have to choose I will go with Brady and the Patriots :) And now I know what I wan to make for the game! Oh my! Those dips, the calzones...YUM! Thanks Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cried like a baby watching parenthood.. One of my favorite finales ever.. And yes I'm disappointed with the Super Bowl teams .. But I'm rooting for Seattle as the lesser of two evils lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel! Happy Friday! Love your food ideas - I might do a calzone for Super Bowl Sunday. Boo that our 49ers are not playing. I guess, if I had to choose, I'd cheer for the Patriots. The pizzeria and construction themed birthday parties are great! You have flair and style! Have a great weekend - our Bay Area weather should be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a season behind on Parenthood but I LOVE it and can't wait to catch up. Sad it is ending.
    Your blue cheese crack dip is my special appetizer for xmas :) Also, the poppers with bbq sauce are awecome. I might have to bust those out again. I just can't cheer for Seattle after the past few years and the rivalry they've built up with the 9ers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boston born and bred, and there's a LOT of hometown pride for our Patriots, and a whole lot of scientific research being conducted about the science behind deflated balls in our very cold stadium. Brrr! Did I mention we have another 8-14 inches on our way Monday? :)

    I love all of the detail that you devote to each of your parties. I had a "dirty 30" theme for my husband's 30th birthday a few years back. We had toy dump trucks and mini ones through out the party. I also bought a brand new bright yellow one for the guests to sign. The cake was a construction cake. Here's a link to it for an idea: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100283486871847&l=c1954679b7. The invitations were printed and taped to pails and sent through the USPS. Guests thought the invite was clever! Here's a picture of those: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100283483323957&l=258e3793ea.

    Happy party planning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parenthood was definitely a sobfest! We LOVED that show! We love calzones here as well...and I actually use a loaf of frozen bread dough. Rhodes is the brand here...but I just sit it out in the morning and then it's ready to use by the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin