3.27.2017

Instant Pot Butter Chicken

It's been almost a month since I posted an Instant Pot recipe for you guys!
Don't worry, I am still obsessed with the Instant Pot, just haven't gotten around to posting recipes lately, but trust me...this one is worth the wait!
If you love Indian food, you will love this recipe.
Even if you don't love Indian food, I still think you will love this recipe.
If you haven't made Indian food before, it is so easy to make, especially when using the Instant Pot.
One of my favorite Indian dishes is Butter Chicken & I love being able to make it at home.
If you don't have an Instant Pot, (you need to get one!) but at the end of this post I will also tell you how to make this in a Slow Cooker.

Here is what you need:
 2  pounds bonleess skinless chicken thighs (I use frozen)
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced
2 T minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
 1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cumin 
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 (12oz) can tomato paste
1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes
 1 cup coconut milk  (or 1 cup of plain greek yogurt)

Directions:
Place frozen chicken thighs in your Instant Pot:
 Dice your onion & green bell pepper and put them in your Instant Pot along with the can of diced tomatoes (don't drain) and can of tomato paste.
 Add in the 2 T of butter, garlic, salt, pepper and all of the spices (you can find all the spices in your regular grocery store)
 Give it a big stir & make sure everything is well coated.
 Then put the lid on your Instant Pot turn the knob to SEALING:

  Press the "poultry" button, and then adjust the time to 30 minutes of cooking time.
After 30 minutes of cooking, allow the cooker to naturally cool and release pressure after 10 minutes....here is what it looks like when you open the lid after releasing pressure:
 I then take out the chicken to make sure it is fully cooked (I am always paranoid when I cook chicken & want to make sure it is fully cooked)
 Then I shred the chicken with 2 forks while it's still in the pot & then I add the cup of coconut milk.

You can also use plain greek yogurt if you prefer!
 Give it a stir and this is what it will look like:
 You can serve this over your favorite rice.
 We actually like this over cauliflower rice!
This dish is so full of flavor.

 You can also make this in your Crock Pot by adding all the ingredients (except the coconut milk or greek yogurt) and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Once it's done cooking, add the coconut milk/greek yogurt.

Hope you love this meal as much as we do!
Let me know if you make it!

++++++++++++++++++++++++
My Rodan + Fields March Madness Sale is going on & ends on Friday!
You get $20 cash back, 17% off your order and FREE Shipping!
 If you order now through Friday, you also get a FREE Sunless Tanner!!
This always sells out in the Spring, get yours now....for FREE!
Have you been thinking about Lash Boost? Now is the time to get it at an amazing price.
I would LOVE to help you with your skin care needs!
 
  2 of my top sellers (besides Lash Boost!) are our Reverse line (for sun damage/pregnancy melasma/age spots) 
Unblemish is also a top seller..because it works! It was named the #1 Acne Skin care line in the US.
Here are Olivia's results after 8 months:
We have products for all skin types. 
 You can take this quick 6 question survey to find out what products are best for your skin {HERE}
All our products come with a 60 day empty bottle 100% money back guarantee. 
You have nothing to lose...what are you waiting for?
I would love to help you get started! 
 Email me: melissa_larson17@yahoo.com

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That looks delicious! I LOVE Indian food. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Butter Chicken from Trader Joes...have you had it before? It only makes 1 serving, so I will try out your recipe! Looks so good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It verbalizes a limitless creativeness. i'm definitely inspired with the real transformation ability of author used for remodeling his thoughts and supplied right here. impressed with deep which means of this text. Japanese restaurant in Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin