3.25.2016

Pesto Chicken, Sun Dried Tomato & Artichoke Pizza

As you might know, pizza is my favorite food. 
I could eat it everyday.
  At Christmas I got THIS pizza maker.
(It is also on sale HERE)
We have been making pizza for dinner at least 1 time a week since we got it! 
I have been experimenting with different pizza toppings/recipes and there have been some REALLY good ones!
Like I mentioned in January, once a month I am going to share a new pizza recipe with you.
You don't need the pizza maker (you can use your oven) but I am letting you know that using this pizza maker gives your pizza an authentic pizzeria taste! 
I am planning on sharing a new pizza recipe the last Friday of each month in honor of Friday Night Pizza Night that we have every Friday night at our house. 
In January I shared my BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe {HERE}
Last month I shared my Fig, Prosciutto & Arugula Pizza {HERE}
Today, I am excited to share my:
 Pesto Chicken, Sun Dried Tomato & Artichoke Pizza
Here is what you need:
- Pizza Dough (I use pre-made dough from Safeway. Trader Joes also has premade dough, but Safeway's is so much easier to work with & tastes better! You can make your own dough, but when the pre-made dough is only $1.50, this is a no brainer!)
- Pizza Sauce
-Pesto Sauce
-Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Artichoke Hearts
-Chicken
-Mozzarella Cheese
-Feta Cheese
- Basil

Split your dough in half and roll out your dough on a lightly floured surface:
Mix together in even amounts 1/2 pizza sauce & 1/2 pesto sauce
Add sauce mixture to crust & top with mozzarella cheese:
 Add Pesto Chicken:
For the pesto chicken, I used my Quick & Easy Shredded Chicken Method {HERE}
I use about 1 cup of chicken for this pizza & mix a few heaping spoonfuls of pesto sauce into the chicken.  So yummy!
Add artichoke hearts & sun dried tomatoes:
Add more mozzeralla chesse (this helps prevent the chicken from getting dried out)
Add crumbled feta cheese on top of the mozzarella cheese:
The final thing to add is the fresh basil. I put the basil in a ball:
And, then cut the ball of basil, that is how you get strips of basil :)
Add to the top of your pizza & Bake in your pizza oven (or regular oven at 450 degrees) for 8-10 minutes.
Slice up your pizza & enjoy!
This is one of our favorite pizza combinations!
It's full of flavor!
YUM.
Happy Pizza Friday, but more importantly, Happy Good Friday.
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend!

3 comments:

  1. This is so up my alley!!! I really need to get that pizza maker though. I feel like that's the only way it would be good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I have the same pizza maker and love it!! Do you cook your pizza with the wax paper under it or put the dough directly on the stone?

    Thanks!
    Hope you had a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin