3.22.2016

Books, Basketball & World Water Day

Today I am talking about what I've been up to lately and because I had a sinus infection all last week...this past week revolved around Books,Basketball & World Water Day!

BOOKS
Yesterday I finished The Good Girl...it was one of the best books I have read in 2016 (I am up to 18 books so far!!!)
You can get it HERE

 I really loved the author's writing style, so I got her 2nd book today:
Pretty Baby is on sale today HERE for just $1.99 for your Kindle!

And, that made me discover that her 3rd book is coming out in May:
You can pre-order it HERE.

 I love it when I find a new author I love! 

My other favorite author of 2016 is Sarah Pekkanen.
You can see the books she has written HERE
I have read these 4 books of hers this year:


She has 2 other books I want to read & a new one coming out this summer! Yay!

Speaking of new books coming out this summer....my favorite author of 2015.....Liane Moriarty announced a few days ago she has a new book coming out in July!!! EEEK!
You better believe I already pre-ordered it!
You can do that HERE
See all her books HERE

We love books in this family.
Here is what the Easter Bunny is bringing the kids with their Easter baskets...Books!

For Luke:
 Get it {HERE}
Same author as Dragons Love Tacos which Luke loves

My girls are OBSESSED with American Girl dolls & their books, so Claire is getting this Lea Clark mini doll & book set. It's on sale, under $20 for both!
Get it {HERE}

Kate loves MaryEllen, so I got her the book & mini doll (also on sale for under $15 for both!)
Get it {HERE}

Thank you Amazon Prime for coming to the rescue when I needed to order last minute books for them today! Phew! I am way behind on Easter basket items.

Speaking of Easter Baskets....every year I am pretty simple with Easter Baskets...they get a new swim suit, cover up & flip flops along with a new book/movie. I snuck away to Target without kids today to get Easter goodies. I planned on getting it prepped last week, but because of being sick, I was way behind!

This swim suit for Kate:
Get it {HERE}
and THIS cover up.

This swim suit for Claire:
Get it HERE
and THIS cover up.

For Luke, he is getting THIS rash guard:
and THESE swim trunks:

BASKETBALL
As you know, I LOVE March Madness.
Have you been watching the games?
The first & second round games are my favorite because ANYTHING can happen!
This year has been no exception.

The most epic 1 minute of basketball I have seen was the last minute of the Northern Iowa vs. Texas A&M game!!! AMAZING.
Did you watch it?

Here is my bracket so far....I am doing okay...I am tied for 4th in my school pool.
I usually go with Duke or Kansas in the Final Four and/or winning, but I switched it up this year! 
Eeek! I hope I don't regret it! 

WORLD WATER DAY

Did you know that today, March 22 is World Water Day?
On Saturday we joined Team World Vision's Global 6K for Water.
8,000 people around the world ran on Saturday for the Global 6k.
 We each walked/ran for a child in Africa who now has water for life.
Our bibs had the name & photo of the child we sponsored who now have clean water for life. 
Just $50 provides clean water for a lifetime.
Right now 748 million people in the world don't have access to clean water.
 Yes...Luke wore his fireman costume....He insisted. He had on his orange shirt & bib under his costume. He ran for Edmund :)

I was so proud of the girls, they walked/ran the entire 3.72 miles without stopping.
3.72 miles (6k) is the average distance children in Africa have to walk daily for water.
It was a great lesson for them, we explained that the girls on their bibs that we supported have to walk 4 miles each day to get water & sometimes that isn't even clean water.
We let them know that now the kids on our bibs who we sponsored & ran for will have access to clean water for the rest of their lives! 

I think World Water Day is so important....to bring awareness that millions of people in the world don't have access to clean water.

++++++++++++++++++++++
A few reminders:

$100 Target Giveaway is going on & ends this Friday
Enter {HERE} if you haven't already!

AND

The Rodan + Fields March Madness deal is also going on, if you want to become a preferred customer.
You get $20 cash back, 17% off your order and FREE Shipping!
I would LOVE to help you with your skin care needs!
We have products for all skin types. 2 of my top sellers are our Reverse line (for sun damage/pregnancy melasma/age spots) 
 Reverse also helps with fine lines, especially when used with our Amp Roller
 
Unblemish is also a top seller..because it works! It was named the #1 Acne Skin care line in the US! 

 You can take this quick 6 question survey to find out what products are best for your skin {HERE}
All our products come with a 60 day empty bottle 100% money back guarantee. 
You have nothing to lose...what are you waiting for?
I would love to help you get started!

The March Madness deal also applies if you join my team...17% off your kit. 
You could get $75-$150 cash back!
Such an awesome deal!
Email me for more info!
melissa_larson17(at)yahoo.com

6 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for Moriarty's new book!! Eeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Good Girl, and Pretty Baby is really good too! I'm excited to check out Sarah Pekkanen! And a new Liane Moriarty book! Woohoo!! Did you know HBO is making a limited series based on Big Little Lies?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very excited for Liane Moriarty's new book! :)

    I have a book by Sarah Pekkanen in my TBR pile and I can't wait to read it. I hope I love her writing and if I do, I'm definitely going to check out her other novels.

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved your book suggestions, so I will be reading The Good Girl next, thank you!
    We do swimsuits in Easter baskets also, it's so practical.
    Hope you are feeling better, I hate sinus infections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a new book to read, so I'm going to check out the first one you mentioned! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Basketball Drills for High School: How to Become a High School Basketball Coach Basketball Coach

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin