3.28.2016

Easter Weekend + A Winner!

We had a fun filled Easter weekend. 
It was busy, busy, busy....including running a half marathon!

I hosted Easter Dinner so I did some menu planning:

On Friday we had more Easter activities....Making Easter Cookies with cousins:

 Dyeing eggs:
On Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early and headed off to run the Livermore Half Marathon
My sister Elyse & brother in law Jason also ran it!

It was such a GREAT race running through the Livermore wine country, vineyards and green rolling hills.
 
 I somehow managed to PR and took 1 minute off my time, finishing at 1:49:27 which is an 8:22 pace. I will absolutely do this race again next year!
This was the shirt we got along with our wine barrel medal & wine glass. After the race they had wine tasting, beer tasting & a band. We didn't stay for all that since I had to get back for Claire's end of year basketball party.
 Can't believe this was my 3rd half marathon in 5 months...so glad I got back into running!

We actually went to church on Saturday night. Our church had 2 Saturday night church services and last week at church on Palm Sunday our pastor asked that if it worked for your schedule, he would love if people could come to the Saturday night service to make room for more guests on Easter Sunday. Easter Sunday can be really crowded so he wanted to make sure guests/visitors had a seat. We didn't have plans Saturday night, so that is the Easter service we went to.

After church we went to dinner...I wanted a bacon cheeseburger and fries...I was starving after running the half marathon!

I get this burger all the time, it is one of my favorite meals. It tasted SO good after running a lot!

When we got home the put the kids to bed and then Kevin and I were the Easter Bunny!
It was a busy day...my Fitbit had the most activity that it has ever had:


We told the kids that they couldn't wake us up  or go downstairs before 8am on Easter Sunday...we needed sleep! :)

The kids were so excited to go downstairs....there were Bunny Prints outside:
 
There were marshmallows leading them to their Easter Baskets:

Easter breakfast..cinnamon rolls! After breakfast the girls and I decided to go Egg our friends. We figured most of them would be at church or at brunch, so we wouldn't get caught egging them :)
You've been Egged Printable {HERE}
Easter afternoon/evening was awesome.
Our family & friends came over and we had apps & watched March Madness
Kevin organized an awesome Egg Hunt for the kids and adults. Dinner was so delicious...
And, so was dessert :)
I made my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cupcakes with mocha frosting, Carrot Cake Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and I also made Lemon Bars
Good food, good people & feeling thankful for what Christ did for us on the cross.
I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend also!

++++++++++++
A few announcements!
The winner of the $100 Target Gift Card Giveaway is:
Katherine B.
Congrats! Leave a comment or send me an email to claim your prize!
++++++++++++

See you back here for What's Up Wednesday!

Our bonus question for the month is... 
What are your Spring Cleaning Tips?
++++++++++++

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend! Congratulations on your 1/2 marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! We have an epic picture of my husband and his twin brother with the creepiest Easter bunny from 1985 where they are both screaming and reaching for Mommy, so I love crying Easter bunny pictures. :) Congrats on your PR at your half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I was wondering if R&F carried something for dark spots??

    ReplyDelete


  4. http://emc-mee.com/blog.html شركة نقل عفش
    اهم شركات مكافحة حشرات بالخبر كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذلك شركة رش حشرات بالدمام ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر
    http://emc-mee.com/anti-insects-company-dammam.html شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة الجوهرة من افضل شركات تنظيف الخزانات بجدة حيث ان تنظيف خزانات بجدة يحتاج الى مهارة فى كيفية غسيل وتنظيف الخزانات الكبيرة والصغيرة بجدة على ايدى متخصصين فى تنظيف الخزانات بجدة
    http://emc-mee.com/tanks-cleaning-company-jeddah.html شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    http://emc-mee.com/water-leaks-detection-isolate-company-dammam.html شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    http://emc-mee.com/ شركة الفا لنقل عفش واثاث
    http://emc-mee.com/transfer-furniture-jeddah.html شركة نقل عفش بجدة

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin