5.27.2015

What's Up Wednesday :: May 2015

It's the last Wednesday of the month, that means it's time for our What's Up Wednesday Link Up!


Link up with  me, Sheaffer & Shay the LAST Wednesday of each month so we can read about What's Up with YOU!

Here we go!

What We’re Eating this week.....
Tacos, Tacos & more Tacos!
For Kevin's 40th Fiesta on Sunday, I had a Taco Truck at the party for 2 hours.
After the 2 hours was up, they gave me all the leftover food!!!!
Tortiallas, Rice, Beans, Chicken, Steak, Carnitas & Al Pastor.
I got my money's worth! We have so much leftover food!
On Monday, our court watched the Warriors game together, so I brought out all the extra food.
I still have a ton left.
Sunday - Kevin's 40th Fiesta - Taco Truck
Monday- Leftover Tacos
Tuesday- Leftover Tacos
Wednesday- Taking a break from Tacos...making Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan:
 
Thursday - Leftover Tacos...maybe I will make a burrito!
Friday- Friday Night Pizza Night!
Saturday- It's my birthday!! Going out to dinner...somewhere besides Mexican food ;)

I also like to bake something each week. We have some brown bananas,  so because we have brown bananas & it's the perfect after school snack...  Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

What I'm Reminiscing about.....
The weekend! It was fun-filled....we had our 3rd wedding in 5 weeks & it was one of of my cousins getting married.

 
 
 I was just *slightly* obessed with taking pics of the white lights/lanterns that were hanging. So pretty!

What I'm loving.....
I'm loving using my "big girl" camera for the first time in a long time!
Last week I took my niece Olivia's 1 year photos!
I have "retired" from my side photography business, but my sister wanted me to snap a couple pics of Olivia since she just turned 1.

Isn't she a cutie?
 Can't believe Livvie is ONE!
It felt good being behind the camera again, I have missed it!
(I don't miss the time I spend editing pics!)

What We've been up to.....
May was a busy, busy month. I can't believe it is almost over!
The month started out with Common Core testing for my students which was interesting.
Then we had Mother's Day weekend and were tourists in San Francisco!

Then I had a weekend away in Tahoe & Kevin and the girls had their Father Daughter Dance:

This past weekend we had my cousin's wedding & Kevin's Surprise 40th Fiesta.
Kate finished softball and we are full swing into swim team.
We have all the end of the year activities going on like Open House & end of year parties!
Phew! May was a busy month & a fun month...no slowing down!

What I'm Dreading.....
Moving Luke to a big boy bed! But, I know we need to do that soon.
Last week he insisted on sleeping on the floor of his room & not his crib, so I let him do that one night and he stayed there pretty much the whole night.
 Getting rid of the crib is the end of an era for us....plus since we started using the crib tent, Luke is nice and safe in his crib. I don't like the idea of him being in a bed & able to wander around the house at night. But, I know this summer we will switch him over to a big boy bed. *sigh*

What I'm Working On.....
Finishing up all my grading....2 weeks from tomorrow and it's SUMMER!
Once Summer is here I have a big to-do list of things that I want to get done & organized in our house, but for the next 2 weeks I am focused on getting my grades done!

What I'm Excited About.....
I am excited about the trip to Lake Tahoe I just got back from!
The weekend before last, I earned a free trip to Lake Tahoe with our Rodan + Fields team. It was a Level 5 retreat & it was a blast!


We got spoiled by our team leader the whole weekend!

Lots of gifts, massages, awesome training, amazing food & great memories with our team!

I am excited for everything I learned last weekend, but mostly I am thankful for the opportunities I have had because of Rodan + Fields. Direct Sales is something I said I would NEVER do.
I am a teacher & mom of 3 young kids, I had no sales experience at all. I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone a year and a half ago and decided to do this very part time..just a few hours a week!
Maybe you are looking for a fun opportunity to earn some extra income in VERY part time hours that is flexible around your schedule! If you are looking for something like this, I would love to chat with you more. I have girls in all different parts of the US and Canada on my team and would love to chat with you about it if have questions!
Send me an email:
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com
I am excited about the May Specials we have going on for Skin Cancer Awareness Month.
More details are on THIS post, any one who joins me in business this month will receive $100 cash back off their business kit!
If you are not interested in the business, but want products for the month of May, I have a special going on for all new Preferred Customers!

Get $20 cash back, 10% off your order, Free Shipping AND a FREE Rodan + Fields item that has SPF in it, including one of these items:

 Top row: Essentials SPF 30 Body Sunscreen, SPF 20 Mineral Powder with Peptides, 2 pack of our SPF 25 lip shield.
Bottom row: Unblemish Oil Control SPF 20 Sunscreen, Soothe SPF 25 Sensitive Skin Mineral Sunscreen, Reverse SPF 50 Sunscreen.

To find out what products are best for your skin, you can take this quick 1 minute survey HERE.


Email me to place an order OR email me if you have any questions about the business or products!
melissa_larson17{at}yahoo.com

What I'm Watching........
Since it's May that means all the  shows have had their season finales and we have wait until Fall for new episodes.
We are all caught up on Scandal (!!!!!)
Our next show is going to be House of Cards, 
 We haven't gotten into it yet because we are too busy watching the Warriors in the NBA playoffs!
And, we had to watch the Letterman finale last week.
It was on my bucket list to go see a taping of his show....that never happened.
I got SO close when I was in NYC 12 years ago....there was a standby list for tickets and they ran out...I was the next person! AHHHH!!!! I haven't gotten over that yet 
#bitter ;)
Thanks for the memories, Letterman. Kevin & I used to watch EVERY SINGLE night, but then we had kids & didn't watch it as much and then, let's be honest...Jimmy Fallon busted onto the Late night scene & he is way funnier!

Of course, the Bachelorette just started so I am watching that also. Still not sure what to think about this season. Meh.

What I'm Reading.....
I am in the middle of the Shopahollic Series.
I just finished book 4....Shopaholic & Baby:
{HERE}

I am now reading Book 5...Mini Shopaholic

{HERE}

When I am done, I will read Book 6...Shopaholic to the Stars

{HERE}

What I'm Listening to.....
I love "Shut up and Dance" It gets me in the mood to dance@


What I'm Wearing.....
We have had a chilly May! So, it's all about the light layers!
Jacket // Pants // Shirt // Shoes // Bracelet // Necklace (Stella & Dot)

For a more casual look:

Hoodie // Jeans // Converse
  
What I’m doing this weekend.....
It's my birthday on Saturday! I will be in Napa for a baby shower, can't wait!
Then Saturday night we will go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday & Sunday I am hopefully getting a mani/pedi...and possibly hit up the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale :)

What I'm Looking Forward to next month.....
SUMMER!!!!!!!!!
Last day of school is June 11th.
 Sleeping in, swimming, lazy days & staying up late.
No packing lunches, doing homework or grading tests!
Most importantly, hanging will all 3 of my kids all day everyday!
I can't WAIT!!!!!!!

What else is new..... 
Luke's new obsession....wearing this yellow bucket on his head and calling himself Handy Manny.
He cracks me up!

What is your favorite thing to Grill/BBQ?
During the Summer months we BBQ pretty much every night!
My favorite things to grill are Tri Tip Steak, Salmon,  Chicken Apple Sausages, Burgers, BBQ Chicken Sandwiches...yum! I love summer food!
We rotate those meats we grill and we also grill veggies from our garden on the BBQ, like zucchini, squash & corn or I make a big fruit salad or a fresh salad with home grown lettuce & tomatoes. 
 Here are some of my favorite Summer Salads in my recipe box {HERE}
And my Strawberry Spinach Salad
I am making this with Kale from my garden this weekend. Yum!
My lettuce & kale is growing like crazy right now:
I LOVE Gardening! This is my 5th summer having a backyard garden. You can find my gardening tips {HERE}
+++++++++++++

If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by!
Feel free to follow along! 
You can find me on Bloglovin, Facebook & Instagram
Can't wait to read about What's up with all of YOU!

43 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You will love House of Cards!! It is sooooooooo good!!! (I don't love it as much as I do my Scandal but I do love it a lot!). And listen, you attend the BEST weddings! Seriously...how does this keep happening to you :)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to start House of Cards! And, yes, we have been to some awesome weddings this year! I LOVE weddings!

      Delete
  2. I hear you about transitioning to a big boy bed. My little guy sleeps so well in the crib and has never tried climbing out and I fear what will happen when escaping in the morning or middle of the night will happen. Love love your husbands surprise party sounds like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls never escaped the crib....Luke is a whole new breed! Ha!

      Delete
  3. I love leftovers and think I could find a world of things to make with leftover taco fixings! I had a chance to use my big girl camera for some pictures this past weekend too and it was so much fun...I forget how much I love taking pictures when I have the time. Have a great week...and a super birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stopping by and linking up to this blog every month. It's so fun! I'm definitely going to have to try those banana chocolate chip muffins. They sound amazing! Those notebooks/journals are too cute. I love ones that have fun sayings on them - they make me want to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot believe there is a shopaholic book that I didn't know about! My weekend will be made!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with tacos! And those muffins look delicious! What a gorgeous wedding. Lake Tahoe looks beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a "retired" photographer too! :) I love taking pictures, but I don't miss the hours of editing either. Or the anxiety leading up to a big wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the shopaholic series! It's so fun! :) Those books + all of those left over tacos sounds pretty perfect to me! Thanks for hosting such a fun link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog. You're so sweet. Cute outfits, good recipes, an adorable family?? You've got it goin' on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to save your gardening tips because I've been wanting to start one for years and just end up getting so intimidated and never start. The home we bought last year came with the structure ready to go for a garden, but we haven't gotten around to starting one up yet. Excited to read through all of your advice! PS - I have one R&F product, and that's the microderm scrub... OMG I LOVE IT. :) Looks like you had such a good time with your team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The strawberry salad looks awesome; I'm going to try it this week thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to try and link up to WUW next week! I love this and it will get me behind my camera more often, too! I have taken a HUGE hiatus and only just got it out for a few pictures in Yosemite before my battery died and I never bothered to charge it, and the Father Daughter dance for two pictures! I even posted not that long ago about how much I miss it! Tatum's favorite song is Shut Up and Dance with Me...it's not totally appropriate for her to say shut up, but then she doesn't because she doesn't say all the words right, it's cute! ;) For some reason, Luke sleeping on the floor reminded me of you pre-babies and how you would be in ski jackets to stay warm instead of turning on the heater--get the boy a bed already! ;) He is SO dang cute, made me laugh about Handy Manny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WUW is the last Wednesday of each month, so you have a whole month to get your post done! It will be on June 24 :)
      Glad you are using your big girl camera more!

      Delete
  13. That trip to Lake Tahoe looks amazing! By the looks of it, I think I'll have to read a Sophie Kinsella book in June :) Loving your garden, thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL at Handy Manny! Sophie Kinsella books are such a fun summer/vacation choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We used the "Monkey Door Lock" on my son's door when we moved him to a bed. It's been a lifesaver! He can see out of the door, but is locked it. It's easy to take it from room to room. He'd be all over the place if we didn't have it! We even send it with him when he sleeps at Grandpas! ....and a food truck birthday party! LOVE! Keeping that idea handy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of a monkey lock door! Genius!!! Thanks for letting me know about it!

      Delete
  16. Love the idea of having a food truck at a birthday blast! My husband is turning 30 this year and need to start planning for it! Thanks for hosting, this was my first time linking up and I loved it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally getting caught up on here----love love this post! That broccoli salad looks AMAZING! I can't wait to try it! You know I love all the Warrior goodness in here, and you deserve a wife of the year medal for the birthday surprise for Kevin! Yaaaay for your bday- how fun!! I hope it is wonderful! So glad you are almost done with school- it's the best feeling, isn't it!? Can't wait to chat more about R and F!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The broccoli salad is one of our favorites!!! Looking forward to chatting this weekend!

      Delete
    2. The broccoli salad is one of our favorites!!! Looking forward to chatting this weekend!

      Delete
  18. What a gorgeous wedding... and how cute is your niece? I'm a teacher also and counting down the days until summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my niece is a cutie!!! Good luck with the last few days of school!

      Delete
  19. This is such a fun idea! The crockpot chicken parm looks amazing – anything I can make in a crockpot is my favorite and chicken parm is my husband’s favorite – win, win. Wedding season is so much fun and your cousins looks like a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My son is 22 months and hasn't tried to get out of his crib...fingers crossed it stays that way. But I worry about him wandering the house too. Is your son old enough to figure out the safety handles that you can put on door handles? If you shut his bedroom door and put one of those on the doorknob, at least he would be confined to his own room. I plan on keeping his old baby monitor on a low volume by my bed in c add he would need me and I somehow don't wake up because his door is closed. You'd think that it would be better the longer he does it...hopefully At least, that's my thought for if I am ever in that situation with my son.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin