7.27.2011

Summer Salad Swap: Broccoli Salad

Welcome to the Summer Salad Swap!
I am sharing one of my favorite salad recipes that we make all the time!
This is my mom's recipe and is also a staple in our house during the summer months.
We have had it 2 times this week already!

Broccoli Salad
Here is what you need:
Broccoli Florets (I use bagged Broccoli most of the time)
Bacon
Red Cherry Tomatoes
Yellow Cherry Tomatoes (when in season)
Red Onion (I used the pre-chopped red onion because my eyes are SO sensitive to cutting onions)

Wash & Rinse Broccoli Florets and put in salad bowl.
Chop Tomatoes in half:
Now for the Bacon. I use about 8 slices of bacon.
And, I cook my bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven.
So much easier than cooking it in a pan!
I line my cookie sheet with parchment paper.
I bake my bacon at 425 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
Every oven is different. I check mine at 10 minutes & cook it longer if it isn't as crispy as I like it.
Yum. Bacon.
I let the bacon cool for about 10 minutes before I chop it up:
While your bacon is cooking, I make the dressing.
Here is what you need for the salad dressing:
1 cup Mayo
1/4 cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
Dash of Salt & Pepper.
Whisk all the Dressing Ingredients together.
**Note about the Dressing - Depending on how large you make your salad, you may need to adjust the measurements of the dressing. I like my Broccoli Salad to be lightly coated, not soaked in dressing.**

Add the tomatoes, red onion & bacon to the salad bowl.
Chill Broccoli Salad & Dressing (separately) in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Toss & Coat with Dressing about 15 minutes before you serve it.
If you have a great Summer Salad Recipe, Grab a Button and add your recipe to the linky below.
And, be sure and check out the other recipes that are linked up!






13 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! In fact it looked so good last week I put it on our menu for this week :) Can't wait to try it. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pinned this! Cannot wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make the same salad with the same dressing however if you want to spice it up, I make mine a little different. use broccoli, cauliflower, sunflower seeds, and craisins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mel you always have the most delicious looking recipes. I'm going to pin this one. Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE you for posting that recipe!! My local grocery store sells it, and it tastes amazing, but I wanted to make my own.. And a lot of it. ;) Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We made your salad for dinner tonight. Sooo yummy! big hit... thanks for sharing :-}

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good! I can't wait to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this salad!
    Woohoo :)
    I'm gonna make it.
    I like your savoury vegetable choices, cause I've had it with raisins and seeds but this really appeals to me. Glad I stopped by...have a super day :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks delicious and easy!

    i am currently stealing all your 4th of july ideas for a party i am hosting this sunday! it's a 50th anniversary "coming to america" party for my family. red, white, and blue seemed fitting.

    i'll link you when it's all said and done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yummy! you are so brilliant, love all these links! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about broccoli.Please keep sharing.
    Benefits Of Broccoli Juice

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin