5.08.2015

Friday Favorites {May Edition}

Yay! It's Friday!
Happy Friday!!!
Today I'm linking up with Friday Favorites!

Hosted by: Andrea, Erika & Narci
I have 10 favorites to share about today! Are you ready?!?!

{ONE}
 Claire finally lost her 1st tooth!
Kate lost her first tooth on May 1, 2013 & she was REALLY hoping Claire would lose her tooth on May 1st...but it fell out the day before on April 30th.
 
I leave tooth fairy receipts when they lose a tooth.
First, I downloaded THIS font (It's free)
Then, I just typed up my receipt in a Word Document. 
To add a bar code, I went to THIS website which is a bar code generator. 
For the bar code, I put their initials, then a 1 (first tooth) and then the date. 
After it generated my bar code, I did a screen shot of just the bar code and saved it as a .jpeg
On my Word document, I inserted it as an image to the bottom of my receipt.
I printed it out & then cut the paper to make it smaller. 
SO EASY! It takes less than 10 minutes to make.

A few weeks ago, when Claire's tooth was wiggly, my mother in law made Claire her tooth fairy pillow:
We used THIS tutorial. 

We give our kids $2 for the first tooth & $1 for all the others.
I spray glitter on their dollar bills to make them more fun :)
 Being the Tooth Fairy is my favorite!
 
{TWO}
Last Friday my girls were in their school talent show.....they did a dance/lip sync to Equestria Girls.
They choreographed the entire routine themselves with 2 of their friends. That is my favorite...watching my girls in their element!
This is the 2nd year in a row they have been in the Talent Show. So proud of them!

{THREE}
The Kentucky Derby was also on Saturday, we watch it every year.

We love the horse races. If you remember, we go to the horse races at Golden Gate fields every Thanksgiving.
Kevin's grandparents started that tradition almost 50 years ago
Kevin and I both have on our bucket lists is to go to the Kentucky Derby.
Kevin's parents went last year & it was an amazing experience.
Kevin & I are making plans with some of our best friends to go to the Derby within the next couple of years. I can't wait to go!
I actually bought a dress last Saturday night that I am planning on wearing to the Derby.
I just love this Dress:
I know it's ridiculous that I bought a dress that I won't wear for a couple years, but I saw it and it was the PERFECT dress for the Derby.
I want to get a big pink hat to wear with it. This dress is SO me :)

I also loved this dress:
I love the green, but I think it would be hard to get a green hat the same shade as the dress.
Plus, pink is my favorite color so I had to go with the one with a pop of pink.

Have you ever been to the Derby? I would love any tips/recommendations!

{FOUR}
Party planning is my favorite!
Thanks for all your comments on my Party Post from Tuesday (here)
I had so much fun looking through all the parties that I have thrown. 
I was like a walk down memory lane & it confirmed that the hard work of throwing parties is worth it :)
Some of you asked if I would do a post on party planning tips & I loved that idea! 
Stay tuned!

 {FIVE}
Bay Area Sports are my favorite!
It has been a fun few years for our favorite teams. 
The SF Giants winning the World Series in 2010, 2012 & 2014
(and getting to attend a World Series game in 2010 and 2014 is definitely my favorite!)
Having the 49ers go to the Superbowl in 2013 was also fun.
And, finally....the Golden State Warriors have turned into a great basketball team.
It has been so fun watching them play this year!
Luke has a Warriors shirt and he is obsessed with it.
  He asks to wear it almost everyday!
{SIX}
Speaking of the Warriors....on Tuesday (which was Cinco de Mayo) it was one of our neighbors birthdays & he is a HUGE Warriors fan.
So, of course our court had a Cinco de Mayo block party & then we all watched game 2 of the Warriors playoff game together.
 It was such a fun night (even though the Warriors lost that game)
Steph Curry was given the MVP trophy, it was just a fun night!
Our court is my favorite!
This week marked exactly 5 years since we bought this house. We had no idea what an amazing court we were moving to. This is how all neighborhoods should be. I hope our kids know how lucky they are. We love our house, but we really, really, really love our neighbors.
We are never moving!

{SEVEN}
I've mentioned our microdermabrassion paste before, but I have to mention it again, because it is one of my favorites!
I apologize ahead of time for getting the song stuck in your head, but I truly am ALL ABOUT THIS PASTE!
R+F Micro-dermabrasion Paste will be your best friend... Not only does the jar seem to last forever, but the uses are endless!
The gentle exfoliation can be used a couple times a week on your face to help cell turnover and improve skin tone and texture.
Its also great for rough spots like knees, elbows and heels!! You don't want to go through summer without it!

Exfoliation is key to glowing skin!
If you want radiant skin you NEED our Micro-Dermabrasion paste.
I LOVE it and one jar lasts me about 6 months.

I use it 2-3 times a week at night to wash my face.
Our Micro-Dermabrasion Paste is a high-glide, oil-free formula designed to promote maximum gentle exfoliation, featuring vitamins C and E.
Use it 1-3 times per week on dry skin in place of your cleanser to refresh and renew the skin’s surface  & then follow with your skincare routine (one of our Regimens!) Helps to enhance cell turnover and improve your skin tone and texture.
Do you suffer from KP? The paste can help!

It smoothes away the rough spots.
It works well for men who get razor burn when they shave:


I use it on my face, arms & legs 2-3 times a week. 
Did you know it also works great for your dry cracked heels?
I am placing a BULK order at the end of next week!
 I am offering this at a DISCOUNTED PRICE!  
I will cover taxes and shipping!

I am also placing a bulk order on our Eye Cream...that order will be smaller since our eye cream is Sold Out to the public! I am able to order a limited amount of our eye cream, so if you want to order that, it will also be at a discounted cost of $54 and I will cover taxes & shipping as well!
 Email me if you want me to add you to the order!
melissa_larson17@yahoo.com
Like all our products, everything comes with a 60 day, empty bottle, 100% money back guarantee! 

{EIGHT}
Rain is my favorite. Too bad we are in a major drought. It sprinkled today for about 2 hours & my students were freaking out that is was actually raining.
I saw this posted on FB and laughed...it is SO true!
I'm proud to be a Californian...born & raised :)

{NINE}
Baby Names are my favorite!
I was waiting all weekend for the Royals to announce the new princesses name.
The odds were 5/2 for Charlotte and 4/1 for Alice.
If Luke was a girl, I wanted the name to be Charlotte. Kevin wanted the name to be Emma. 
The middle name would have been Alice (after Kevin's Grandma Alice)
I love the name they chose for the new princess...Charlotte Elizabeth Diana...perfect!
  Read HERE about how we picked Kate & Claire's names
Read HERE for Luke's

{TEN}
Trader Joe's is my favorite! This week our Trader Joes celebrated it's 25th Anniversary of being in our town! There was free popcorn, ice cream & balloons. It made my shopping trip with my kids much easier :)
 I also love TJ's because they always have the best peonies in May.
 Look what I found? A new (to us) product!
 I could drink this with a straw! So good. If you like spicy, you will love this sauce. It's too spicy for my kids, but hey! More for me ;)
I have a feeling I will pairing this sauce with lots of food this summer! 

And, I also found Honey Crisp Apples at TJ's even though they are out of season!
One of my girls favorite snacks is honey crisp apples sliced up & dipped in Peanut Butter.
How awesome are these individual Peanut Butter conatianers? WE LOVE these!
They come in a 6 pack, Skippy Natural Singles is our favorite (they also have regular Skippy)

Disclosure: This post was written as part of my participation in the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, the thoughts and statements in this post are my own.

Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger


There you have it! My Friday Favorites!

Give yourself a high  five!
You made it through my post & you made it through the week!
The weekend is almost here!
TGIF ! 
+++++++++++++

If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by!
Feel free to follow along! 
You can find me on Bloglovin, Facebook & Instagram

40 comments:

  1. Awe!!! How fun and exciting for Claire to lose her first tooth and have such a COOL tooth fairy. My son has his first loose tooth right at this moment and I am totally using that receipt idea. Love it. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Trader Joes too, but don't go that often. What are some of your favorite things to buy there? I've found some great finds, but I'm sure I'm missing some great things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are SO many things I love at TJ's! I should do a blog post on my favorite TJ finds....stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. S Curry is my homeboy. Seriously, he's an NC kid and ya gotta love that. Reason enough to pull for GSW! By the way your 5 de Mayo looked fab. I love that receipt from the "tooth fairy" very cool. Those dresses are total classics! And don't you just love it when a staples store like a grocery store rewards you for their celebrations....its the best! Have a great weekend from the other side of the country! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!!! Love that S Curry is your homeboy also :) He lives 15 minutes from us now. He is such a great guy!!!! So glad he won MVP!

      Delete
  4. What a fun Friday Favorites! Happy weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to Trader Joe's tomorrow.... I need that sauce! Looking forward to your party planning tips too! Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a creative mom--love your tooth fairy receipt! Have a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post, Mel! I had no idea how much we have in common! We would TOTALLY by twinkies at the Derby! Love, love, LOVE that dress!! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you be our tooth fairy? It's sad when your 8 year old asks if the tooth fairy is on vacation because her tooth has been under her pillow for 2 weeks....just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure...I'll be your tooth fairy & make you a receipt! Seriously, email me :)

      Delete
  9. I love your Derby dress. Hysterical that you bought it already. You go, girl!
    And, I LOVE the paste. Thanks for recommending it! I've been using it since February.
    Can't wait to try it on my heels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that the girls did their talent show dance to the Equestria girls!! Jillian is in love with both movies so much, I hope they come out with a third. Happy Mother's Day Mel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your tooth fairy idea! So cute! I'll have to store that idea for when I have kids! And your derby dress is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did a tooth receipt for my daughter's first tooth with a certificate but after that just left the money. I just got a receipt online that I was able to fill out and it took 30 secs. That derby dress is so, so beautiful.
    Can't wait for those party planning tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have gone to Oaks Day for the last seven years. This year we sat in section 120 and ended up being right on the rail! They were the best seats we've had in all the years. For this year's Oaks I bought my dress a year earlier but ended up buying a new one a few weeks before hand! You dress is perfect though. You will love the Derby. What a great thing to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That BBQ sauce looks great! I'll have to see if I can find it here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I live in minneapolis (and happen to live within walking distance of a TJ's) but haven't seen peonies there yet. Will keep stopping by to see if they get them this far north. Nothing would make me happier!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that BBQ sauce. Have you tried it with the Cowboy quinoa burgers at TJs? Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay so basically I am so happy I found your blog because I am in love! Your blog is perfect. I absolutely love the tooth fairy receipt idea. Super cute! Love this post. - Seri from www.serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mel, your derby dress is just perfect :)
    Those pink peonies are gorgeous!
    And I loved your party recap post!! You have always inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just bought a bottle of the Siriacha BBQ sauce and want to pour it on ALL the things! And how darling is that tooth fairy receipt?! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this post!!! You are just so fun!! I think we could fit in on your court- I like to cook, my hubby would be all about the sports with the neighbors, and the kids can wear warriors shirts and play :) I think I need some of the microdermabrasion- especially with summer almost being here!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin