10.12.2012

T.G.I.F. {Thank Goodness It's Fall}

TGIF.
The F has a few meanings.
Thank Goodness It's FRIDAY
(I survived my first week back at school, but I am EXHAUSTED!!!)
and 
Thank Goodness it's FALL.  
FINALLY!! 
We have been having some cray cray "Fall" weather here in California.
Last week on October 1 & 2 it was 102 degrees. You read that right. 102 degrees. 
We swam. In October. Not Okay.
You see, I am obsessed with Fall. It's my favorite. But when it's 100 degrees out in the Fall? Not a fan.
I want boots, sweaters & scarves. Not swimsuits. (Especially 2 months post partum. Yikes.)

I normally put out all my Fall things on October 1st. 
October 1st is one of my favorite days of the year. 
October is my favorite month, so to celebrate it's arrival, I normally decorate on October 1st, and bake my first batch of pumpkin bread to celebrate the arrival of October.
But, this year on October 1st it was 102. It was way too hot to make pumpkin bread.
So, instead we picked all the pumpkins from our garden! Last year we only got 2 pumpkins, but this year we got 8!



The girls were so excited about the pumpkins from our garden.

So glad I didn't have to buy pumpkins this year, all the ones on the porch are straight from the garden!

I have a sprinkling of Fall decorations that I put up around the house.
I also love the flavors of Fall....like Pumpkin Ale.
These are the BEST Flavor of Candy Corn. Go buy some now.
Even though Pumpkin is my favorite Fall flavor, Apple is a close second. Especially Apple Cider & Honey Crisp Apples!
My girls have a love of pumpkin also. While we at Target, Kate wanted to buy as many Pumpkin foods that we could find. Here is what we got:
The Pumpkin Eggo waffles are AMAZING! And, I LOVE Pumpkin Ice Cream. I top it with chocolate chips & pecans. YUM.

Yesterday was our first chilly day this Fall. It even rained for a few minutes! LOVE. I lit my pumpkin candle for the first time this season.
When it's rainy & overcast outside, I have an instinct to bake. Keri and Richelle both posted pictures of Pumpkin  Snickerdoodles, and I knew I had to make them for our Small Group.
They were delicious!
Speaking of delicious....be sure and check out the Crock-tober post! So many yummy Crock Pot recipes have been linked up. I made my meal plan for the next 2 weeks & am going to be trying out several recipes that were linked up! Can't wait!
You can add your recipes until October 18th, so feel free to link up if you haven't already. 

Today was a chilly day & I busted out my UGGS.
And, look....a single leaf has fallen in our yard. (Fall in California...watch out! ha!)
Fall is officially here & I couldn't be happier!
It's Friday Night Pizza Night which I plan on enjoying with a Pumpkin Ale and then going to bed early because this mama is exhausted! It's 6 o'clock & I am already in my jammies.
Happy Fall to you & Happy, Happy, Friday!

13 comments:

  1. Yay for October! And the pumpkins in your garden turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay fall! There are so many fun things in this post. I love that you have a little pumpkin patch in your yard, were they hard to grow/require a lot of care?

    That carmel candy corn looks deadly, absolutely deadly.

    And, I love the way you decorate your home for fall! Those mini pumpkins on the branches are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful family! Love all the Fall fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on two things...I LOVE fall and I LOVE anything pumpkin. I am in Northern Ca as well and yes it was a crazy start the the fall. We were swimming as well.
    Have you had the pumpkin english muffins...Yum!!
    Love your fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats for making it through your first week back at work- you deserve a good relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great looking pumpkins. I love fall too, sweaters, boots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fall pictures! I'm in California, too, and the heat has been KILLING ME. So glad it's cooled down a bit. I'm excited to bust out the jackets. :-)

    Stef @ Miss Jo and Co.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mel, love your photos. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are making me hungry! Where did you get the recipe for pumpkin snickerdoodles?

    ReplyDelete
  12. so fun that you grow your own pumpkins! definitely cheaper than buying your own!

    and I LOVE me some yummy apple cider, such a perfect sign of fall!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin