10.24.2012

Pumpkin Bars

2 years ago, my friend Becky and I went to Bakerella's CakePops book signing at Williams-Sonoma. 
We had so much fun meeting Bakerella!
While we were waiting in line, the wonderful employees at Williams Sonoma passed out pumpkin bars for us to eat while we waited. 
The pumpkin bars were DELICIOUS!
They also handed out the recipe!
 I thought I would share it with you, because I'm nice like that!
I have slightly tweaked the recipe, because their recipe calls for Pecan-Pumpkin Butter that is only available at their store. Their jar of Pecan Pumpkin Butter is $12!!!!! Um, No.
I love you Williams Sonoma, but spending $12 on Pumpkin Butter is not in my budget.
I was thrilled when I found Pumpkin Butter at Trader Joes for less than $3! Score!
{If you don't have a Trader Joe's near you, I am so sorry, you are missing out! But, you can buy the expensive Pecan Pumpkin Butter at Williams Sonoma or you could try and make your own Pumpkin Butter.  You need about 1 1/4 cups for this recipe.}
Pumpkin Bars
18.25 oz. package yellow cake mix, set aside 1 cup
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 large eggs
Jar of Pumpkin Butter (I use the 10 oz jar from Trader Joe's)
2 T milk
1 T flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 T cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a 9 X 13 pan. I use Pam Baking Spray.

Divide cake mix, placing all but 1 cup in a mixing bowl:
 Stir the melted butter and one egg into the cake mix until combined:
Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan:

In a bowl, mix pumpkin butter with two eggs and milk:

Stir until combined:

 Spread pumpkin mixture over pressed cake mix:
 Stir the reserved 1 cup of cake mix with the flour, sugar, and cinnamon:

Then add the softened butter & mix together until crumbly with a pastry cutter:

Sprinkle over the top of the pumpkin layer:

Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until golden brown:

Cool and cut into squares:
Enjoy!

Seriously, these are SO good! I had to resist eating the whole pan while watching the Giants play last night!
World Series, baby!!!
These past 2 weeks of baseball playoffs have been causing me to stress eat & bake.
But, it seems to be working...Giants are doing awesome!!
Let's hear it for the Giants!
And, let's hear it for these Pumpkin Bars....YUM.
Go make some. NOW.

24 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I'm definitely trying these out and taking them to my next holiday party! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look good. My husband has been watching the games and everytime I see the Giants it makes me think of you and how you and the girls are probably watching the game. Love this blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are a hit in my home! I am a fellow WS employee and I consider myself a pro when it comes to baking these! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look REALLY good.
    Hello Orange October!
    And I'm pretty sure I have a jar of that pumpkin butter in my cabinets - not sure what to do with it!
    YUM.

    These might be on my to do list for the weekend!

    Thanks for sharing!

    #rollgiants

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here you go with another wonderful looking recipe. I think I could make a cookbook with all of the recipes you have shared and we enjoy.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the trader jose pumpkin butter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I just pinned this because this is on my holiday dessert list to make.:) Hope you don't mind! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally making these. thanks for sharing. i've been meaning to buy a pastry cutter for like 5 years b/c i'm not coordinated enough for the two forks method. i usually just do the pressing with my fingers method which is messy. i most appreciate that you used an orange spatula in preparing them. i get it. it's attention to detail. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to make these for MOPS next week, Ill let you know if they win the Golden Spatula!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound so delicious!! I think I'll have to make these tonight for "Christmas" with my husband's family tomorrow!! :) And...I LOVE Trader Joe's...we just moved to a city that has them everywhere! So excited! Thanks for sharing!!

    **Side note: my brother, husband, and I decided that the Cardinals aren't that bad...it's just that the Giants are THAT good...while I will still say "Go Cards," I will say good luck to your team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to make the drive to Trader Joe's to pick up some Pumpkin butter just so that I can make these! I also made your Crock pot chicken parmesan and it was so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look RIDICULOUS. And I mean that in the best way possible. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my heavens, these look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. your bars looks delicious - I LOVE pumpkin butter

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never had pumpkin butter but I will have to try to find some so I can try out this recipe!

    Julie
    www.thisgalcooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. kim made these last weekend and loved them. i am going to try them asap~ they look amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. These look absolutely divine! I need to hunt down that pumpkin butter at Trader Joes ASAP!
    I would LOVE for you to link this up at my Ginger Jamboree Link Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pumpkin bars look amazing! Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We hope you'll be back soon! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! I am going to be featuring this on my blog tonight. I am starting something new, a weekly post called Favorite Finds! This weeks theme is Fall Finds. I hope you will stop by and check out the other great recipes! :)

    Julie
    www.thisgalcooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. these are currently in the oven...and our home smells SO lovely :) thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Made these for a Favorite Things party I'm hosting tomorrow. HAD to sample them...SOOOOO good! Thanks for sharing the recipe--and the favorite things party idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mel,

    Thank you for posting this -- we don't have TJ's here in Asia but luckily I got from from a visitor -- now I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it to make my own without a crock pot! It turned out so DELICIOUS! I knew I neeeded to make it for a pot luck party because it was too dangerous having a whole pan at home! I used a 9 inch square pan and it turned out great! I do like ground cinnamon but maybe next time I will decrease the ground cinnamon to 1 and half teaspoons as 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon can be quite powerful!
    Thanks a lot!
    - Kate

    ReplyDelete

  22. شركة نقل عفش
    اهم شركات مكافحة حشرات بالخبر كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذلك شركة رش حشرات بالدمام ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة الجوهرة من افضل شركات تنظيف الخزانات بجدة حيث ان تنظيف خزانات بجدة يحتاج الى مهارة فى كيفية غسيل وتنظيف الخزانات الكبيرة والصغيرة بجدة على ايدى متخصصين فى تنظيف الخزانات بجدة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش واثاث
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض وجدة والدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهرا

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin