10.10.2012

10 on 10 :: October 2012

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month!
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!} ten on ten button
 Four years ago on October 10, 2008, I participated with 10 on 10 for the very first time.
It was super small & only a handful of people even knew about it.
My blog was only 2 months old and I thought it was such a fun idea to document my day every hour for 10 hours. My little Claire Bear was only 1 month old.
 Since that very first time I did 10 on 10, I was hooked.
For the past FOUR years, every month, I have documented the 10th day of the month.
I haven't missed a month yet!!! I can't believe it. I am proud of myself for sticking with this for so long.
I was so fun to see how our family has grown over the past 4 years via 10 on 10. 
Thank you Rebekah for creating such a fun project! I look forward to the 10th every month!

Here is a snapshot of our day!

On my way out the door & off to school. Pardon how tired I look. I hadn't had my coffee yet.
I will say that the nice thing about going back to work is that I actually get ready in the morning. 
I was a FRUMP A LUMP during maternity leave. Pony tail, no makeup, yoga pants. It was NOT pretty.
 Clearly, I am curvier than I normally am, but I am wearing one of my new shirts that I got this past weekend on my Retail Therapy Shopping Spree. Only $3.97 at Old Navy! Score. I took a close up so you could see the polka dots. Love the shirt!

Here is my cute Starbucks number mug. A student gave this mug to me last year, perfect gift for a math teacher who loves coffee :)
 Beautiful flowers in my classroom that our Small Group sent me this week to welcome me Back to School. What a fun surprise!!! It was my first time ever getting flowers delivered to me! Actually, I take that back, Kevin & the girls hand delivered me flowers at school on my birthday last year.
How I spend my lunchtime each day. Pumping in my classroom. Gotta keep that milk supply going! I was able to nurse the girls for a year & not give them formula. That is my hope with Luke also.
The trees are *finally* starting to SLOWLY change color. Here in California, Fall doesn't arrive on time. I am trying to be patient.
 October means Candy Corn & Pumpkins. Yum.
 Our friend dropped off apples from their Apple Tree. I see an Apple Crisp in our future! Can't wait to make one tomorrow!
 The sunset tonight was BEAUTIFUL. Love the pink sky. Hopefully that means colder weather is on the way! Bring on the Fall weather!!!
This is on my agenda tonight. Editing newborn pictures that I took of my nephew Jack & having a glass of wine. Yessssss. (And, I'll be getting the Crocktober Recipe blogged!)
Hope you had a great 10th!
 Don't forget about Crock-tober Tomorrow!!!! 
Can't wait to see what Crock Pot Recipes you link up!

17 comments:

  1. I wish we lived closer to one another.

    And THAT'S curvier?
    Girl....I'll show you curvy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! I have that Old Navy polka-dot cami! (I have it in 2 colors actually.) And I remember the days of pumping at work. I'm a speech therapist in a school, and I would sit at my computer with a hooter hider on just pumping away, with the other speech therapist sitting like 10 feet away from me! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ten on ten. I had a big circle on my calendar this month so I would not forget.

    You look wonderful for just having had a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great and the flowers are beautiful. See you tomorrow for crock-tober. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to ask about Jack and whether you took his photos yet. Yay! Can't wait to see them. Mel, you are such an inspiration. You're amazing and I'm glad you're my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an achievement! 4 years and never missed a month! :) I love the 10 on 10. I have been following your blog for maybe 6 months now and enjoy it each month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great day!I love the commentary too. Four years? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could not be more jealous of the evenness of your milk production. When I pump, I'm lucky to get one full ounce from the left (otherwise known as "The DUD") :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your 10 on 10's!!
    wish i could remember to start doing the same.
    your desk area is great! i have the same wine glasses. love!!
    how was your first day back at school??

    linking up a crock-tober!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally beautiful, story-telling set!
    Congrats on your new baby and your amazing figure!
    Gorgeous flowers, gorgeous kiddos :)
    I wish you health and an easy time keeping the milk production up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Four years?? That's amazing! What a fun day y'all had. It's not really Fall here in Texas yet either...but I'm hopeful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your my hero! never missing 1 out of 4 years! ;) Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have searched that hooter hider is the best nursing cover for ladies because of the rigid neck line and good neck strap. My question is how are these best exactly? my cousin is pregnant with her first so apologies if this sounds silly.

    hooter hider

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love your 10 on 10! Hope your week is going well, getting back into work with a baby is a tough one. So sending lots of hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. you're a rockstar boob juice pumper... i loathe pumping and never get very much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh girl I feel you with the pumping...Elyse is 10 months and I'm so ready for this pumping business to be over, but it's been so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin