11.18.2011

Thankful For You {Free Printable}

Last week Julie & Jeannett launched the Happy Day Project.
7 days of spreading sunshine to others doing Random Acts of Kindness.
It was such a fun project. Did you participate?
(The girls & I have done 4.5 out of 7 items so far. I got a friend a book, I just need to go to the post office to mail it. We haven't done days 6 or 7 yet.....hoping to catch up & finish next week during Thanksgiving Break!)

Doing the Happy Day Project last week made me realize that there are simple things I can do to brighten someone's day. Once you do it, it is contagious & makes you want to do more!

I decided to piggy back off their idea and do something nice for Kate's Preschool Teachers.
Today is the last day of school before a week long Thanksgiving Break! (YEAH!!!)
Last year, I gave her teachers a little gift/treat at Christmas and the last day of school.
But after the Happy Day Project last week, I decided I am going to let them know more often how much I appreciate them. I mean, hello...I am a teacher...I know how good it makes me feel when I get nice notes or treats from students/parents. I am now determined to make sure my girls teachers know how much we appreciate them.

We made a Thanksgiving treat letting them know we are thankful for them.
Kate has 5 teachers, so I made each of them a mini-loaf of Pumpkin Bread decorated with a printable that I made & some ribbon.
My Pumpkin Bread recipe makes 7 mini-loaves.
PUMPKIN BREAD:
(Step by Step Instructions HERE)
1 15 oz can canned pumpkin
3 c sugar
1 c water
1 c vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 c flour
1 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
1/2 t nutmeg
2 t cinnamon
3/4 t ground cloves
1 t salt
Mix ingredients together with a mixer & then
Bake at 350.
If you are making mini-loaves it makes 7 mini-loaves & bake for 35-40 minutes.

While the bread was baking, Kate cut out the printable labels that I made.
After the bread had cooled for an hour, I put the clear lids on & then stuck a label on it.
I had twine on them, but Kate wanted orange ribbons on all the ones for her teachers.
I chose the wording, "We are Thankful for you" because I truly am thankful for her awesome preschool teachers. Do you have someone you are thankful for? If so, let them know & you can use my printable!
To download:
Click on the printable, then right click & save it.
Print it & cut them out!
I printed mine out on sticker paper & stuck it on the mini-loaf lid.
(Each label is sized perfectly for the mini-loaves!)

Next week we are doing this again, but we will be giving each family on our court a loaf & putting it on their doorstep Thanksgiving morning.
We truly are thankful to live here and have such amazing neighbors.

Know what else I am thankful for?
I have ALL next week off for Thanksgiving Break!!!! FTW!

Who are you Thankful for?
Spread some sunshine & let them know this Thanksgiving with a little note & treat!

17 comments:

  1. I am thankful for a most awesome, forgiving, arms wide open at all times, GOD! He leads me to the most fabulous people...like YOU.

    I am printing these
    making the bread
    totally copying every bit of detail
    only I will sign the labels with MY kids names, and not yours :-)

    THANK YOU for this
    I love it so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the printable, I can't wait to use it next week for our teachers!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the printable--that alone brightened MY day! I'm thankful for a week off with the kids. I'm also thankful my transition back to work has been seamless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute printable! What printer do you use for your prints? I'm looking for a good printer that will work for pictures and cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much. That is a great idea. I will be doing this for sure. What a cute printable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for the recipe and printable! I hope I can buckle down and do this for a few of our neighbors this year!

    We would love for you to share this at our Home for the Holidays link party!

    http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/2011/11/home-for-holidays-link-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh. Thanks for the recipe and a great idea. I will bake some for thir kids' teacher too. Btw, is T for table ir teaspoon? Thanks! Dai

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog. I'm your newest follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the printables - I love them! I'm going to make your pumpkin bread and hand them out to my neighbors this week. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the printable! so cute. Now if I could just get some actual baking done, I could use them ...

    and I'm thankful for so many things. just posted a few from last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Mel! Awesome for Will and Ben's preschool teachers. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for the printable mel.

    we have a "thankful for you" dessert to give ALL the people who made us meals and helped us move this past week. this is perfect to attach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much. I need a hostess gift for tomorrow so this will be perfect. Going to add a streusel topping to the top. Thank you for the printable!
    Barb @snowmanlover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea! I am going to save it for next year. I like sending home little loaves with guests after our Thanksgiving get together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you SO much for these printables! This year we are staring a new family tradition before Thanksgiving to give out loaves of bread to a few people we are grateful for. I felt like so many people just say what they are grateful for but we wanted to put our gratitude into action.

    I just pulled out the mini loaves of bread from the oven and came on the computer and I found your blog. This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover