11.10.2011

10 on 10 :: November 2011

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month!
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}
Last month, I realized that I have been doing 10 on 10 for THREE years straight!!!!
I started doing 10 on 10 in October 2008 (when Claire was 1 month old!!) and haven't missed one since! Can you believe it?!?! This is my 37th 10 on 10!

Anyways, today was a pretty standard day.
It started out with me picking out Kate's outfit & her refusing to wear it because it has hearts on it & it isn't Valentines Day. Where does she come up with this stuff?!?!
And, then there's Claire who insisted on wearing flip flops today. It's November & it is getting cold...it is in the 50's & 60's. brrr.(I guess Claire isn't a wimpy Californian)
I opened up a new pack of pens at school. I love new pens.
These are some of my favorite pens. I am a pen snob, FYI.
One of my students gave me an apple today when he turned in his math test.
Classic. After 8 years of teaching, that was a first.
Today is my friend Shannon's birthday. Happy Birthday Shannon!
I am sending her this book that my friend Wendy wrote. And, it also goes along with today's theme for the Happy Day Project which is give a book to a friend. Perfect!
Then, we were off to do errands, like buy a McDonald's gift card for a homeless person. (That was yesterday's challenge for the Happy Day Project, but we didn't have time to get it yesterday). Of course, a $1 Diet Coke was calling my name. Fountain Diet Coke is so, so, good.
We also picked up 18 lottery tickets for my niece Megan! Today is her 18th birthday! Whenever someone turns 18, we always get them 18 lottery tickets as part of their birthday present! It's a right of passage in this family!
One final picture of our 2011 Garden. We are ripping out this weekend. Nothing else is growing in this cold weather. Our 2011 was a big success & so much fun! I am already brainstorming what to plant next year!
Spaghetti with Homemade Sauce, It's What's for Dinner.
Hope you all had a great 10th!
I am super excited about having a 3 day weekend.
No school tomorrow because of Veteran's Day.
(I plan on staying in my pj's all day. And, it is going to rain. Love.)
Thank you to ALL the people & families who serve and sacrifice their lives for our freedom!

See more 10 on 10 fun here:
ten on ten button small

23 comments:

  1. I love the idea of giving 18 lottery tickets for an 18th birthday! I need to remember that for my younger cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one time when me and my sister had a babysitter we chased her around the house with scissors trying to cut her hair... she had hair down to her butt... she never came back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, we are peas in a pod. I ONLY use G2's. Seriously.

    I should totally send Wendy's book as my part of the project today! Good idea!

    And pj's tomorrow. Fo sho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An apple! That made me grin from ear to ear.

    Happy 10 on 10.

    Alita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get apples every now and then. Sometimes a little creepy! Never know what that apple's been through. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are always so good.
    I came for the eye candy and wasn't disappointed!
    Love the shot of the apple on the math papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love new pens and fountain diet coke too :) In NE you have to be 19 to play the lottery... Just a random fact for the day lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never remember 10 on 10 until I read your blog! You are so good! I gotta get on it! Loved the spaghetti pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the weird thing about this post is that i just took a picture of the pens on my desk for my post tomorrow. like, before i read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New pens and $1 McD's drink! It's the small things, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mel,
    fun set of pics.
    the letter to the babysitter was a crack up! hope she comes back to sit again for ya. ;)
    love the spaghetti noodles pic too.
    have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pictures, as always!

    Love the apple. I can't believe it was your first! I had a little girl bring me an apple everyday for a few weeks. I loved it. :)

    Also, that note from Claire is too sweet. "I won't cry." Makes me want to squeeze her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your idea of the 18 lottery tickets and that letter to the babysitter... classic. I like the last sentence. I never got an apple in my 7 years of teaching. But I sported an apple sweater back in 1995 like no one's business. It would be perfect for an ugly sweater party. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Someday I will remember to do this! Have a fun day off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! 3 years straight! that is awesome... everytime I see you post this, I'm like "dang, was it the 10th today?!?" I always miss it, but I love these posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gotta love the $1 Diet Cokes, I have one sitting in front of me right now. :)

    I love the 10 on 10, I need to start making myself a reminder to participate.

    BTW- I am loving the G-2 pens, I'm also a pen snob.

    Enjoy a Friday off!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your spaghetti shot!! :) I actually remembered to do this yesterday, despite babysitting for 3 extra kiddos. Now I just have to get them on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. not Valentine's day...what a hoot! look forward to seeing more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great set! And YAY on the consecutive participations! You're way better than I am! :o)

    I hope next month I will pick it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great pics! I love the idea of lottery tickets...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love 10 on 10! I only do it when it falls on a weekend or I'm off because I work full time. I can't wait for December :) I totally understand the pen thing...I love Sharpie pens and Pilot v5 pens!! $1 pop from MD is awesome and I'm always sad when I come to an MD that doesn't sell them for $1. How do you make your homemade sauce...YUM! Hope you're enjoying you long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pictures! Love your lottery ticket idea! I too love McDonald's diet coke, especially after those long days of teaching. Happy 10 on 10...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin