11.03.2011

Pinterest Success!

After last month's Pinterest FAIL Kitchen, I was a little discouraged about Pinterest.
In fact, I didn't even go on Pinterest for a whole week.
I was so bitter about my Pinterest Fails, that I was skeptical about Pinterest.
But, luckily, I snapped out of it & came to my senses and got sucked into Pinterest again.
So, all is right in the world, again.
I was very selective with what I decided to make for this month's Pinterst Test Kitchen.
I didn't want to have more Fails.
I am happy to say, this month was a Pinterest Success!

I have 2 things I am going to share with you.
First up, a recipe for:


White Chocolate Macadamia Bars

Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Place the butter and the brown sugar in a bowl and cream together on medium speed until a smooth batter is formed. While the machine is running, add the eggs and vanilla extract.
  3. Sift together 3 cups flour and baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter and mix on low speed until a dough is formed. Very gently fold the chips and nuts into the dough with a spoon or spatula.
  4. Once the dough is all blended, spray a 9 x 13 pan with Pam or cooking spray. Spread the batter into the pan and place in the preheated oven.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set yet still moist. Don't over bake or they will be too dry.
Let the bars cool & then cut them up!
Enjoy!
These were really yummy (and rich).
I love all things white chocolate & macadamia and these bars passed the test!
{Slightly modified from the original recipe found here}

The other Pinterest project I did was something that one of my friends pinned & I saw it on my Pinterest Feed.
I didn't pin it because I saw it & immediately knew I could make it right then...So I did!
It took me less than 10 minutes to make. Sweet!
It is an important dates print that I made in Photoshop, printed on a printer & stuck in a frame I already had!
Ta-da:
I LOVE it. I put it in our Guest Room.
I love that this print is visible in our upstairs hallway.
As a math teacher, I just love numbers and I especially love numbers that are significant & important to families lives.
I am thinking this would be a fun gift that I could make for people for Christmas or after they have their final baby! Easy, inexpensive & meaningful!
Now available in my Etsy Shop!

Linking up with Jess:

16 comments:

  1. those bars look yummy! and i love that you printed it instead of pinning it. that should be my motto. easier than checking it off the list!

    thanks for linking up! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the frame!!! I need one--need color ink I think, first: (

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute art for your house! and, if I weren't allergic to nuts, those bars look pretty great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the important dates print! lemme guess your and the hubs birthday? wedding date? children bday(s)? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I've been wanting to make a print with important dates. It was one of the first things I ever pinned. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every Monday I do a Pinterest Challenge on my blog...I try to do one pin a week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That print is really cute!

    Two things to say about it:

    #1: we are different because numbers make me twitch, AND YET I like it. ;) I think I could handle seeing those numbers every day.

    #2: don't you feel like so many things hinge on having that final baby? Is this just me? Like I couldn't make anything in my house final until that last baby was born. Random.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've made some Pinterest dreams a reality too. Don't you love it when it happens! Your dates page is pretty awesome, and something I'm going to copy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooohhh i love white chocolate macadamia nut. i always forget about it because i try to pet end to be healthy and eat dark chocolate all the time. i love your final pic of the bars stacked up..yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. can you post the link to the number printable please? I love it and would love to make one too! Thank you much

    ReplyDelete
  11. the numbers turned out great. send me some macadamia nut bars and i will let you know if those turned out great too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those bars look amazing...like I might need to put the coffee on amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bars look delicious! I'll have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wondering how many bars that recipe will make? They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin