11.28.2011

A Lovely Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year.
Our day started off with watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade while we ate breakfast & got ready for our day. I love the Thanksgiving Day parade (It is on my bucket list to go to NY and watch it live)
Then, it was off to the horse races!
For the past 50 years, Kevin's family has gone to the Horse Races on Thanksgiving Day.
It is such a fun tradition! I love going to the horse races
(It is also on my Bucket List to go to the Kentucky Derby one day!)
Because Kevin's family has done this for so long, they get a race dedicated to them & we get to go down to the track during that race to watch it up close & then you get your picture taken with the winning jockey.
It is the best seat in the house!
It is so fun to see the horses up so close, Horse #6, For the Win!
Here is a picture of some of our family with the winning jockey:
The girls also got their picture taken with some other jockeys because their outfits were pink & they wanted pictures with the pink jockeys!
One of my favorite parts about the races is the amazing breakfast buffet.
Eggs benedict, hashbrowns & bacon. Lots and lots of bacon. And, a mimosa, of course!

It was a fun day at the races. Then we headed back to our house & passed out Pumpkin Bread to all the people on our court.
Fall has finally arrived & our trees are bursting with color!
For dinner, we headed to my parents. I didn't get any pictures of the food, but it was SO good.
My mom & sister Elyse slaved away all day in the kitchen and made an amazing Thanksgiving Feast.
One of my favorite moments of the night was when we were watching the 49er game & Kate told me she wanted to take a family picture of my family (just my parents & sisters). It was so cute.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Having a week off school was glorious, but now I am back to reality.
Just 3 more weeks until Christmas Break. I can't wait! I love this time of year!

14 comments:

  1. You must get to the parade...we went when we were first married and it is definitely a great experience. How fun about the horse races...the girls look so cute with the jockey. Bacon...that makes any holiday (we had bacon too!). Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your horse race tradition is so awesome. Where are the cool hats though? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fun Thanksgiving tradition! I work in a school too so this is a great time of year with lots of time off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazingly full and blessed day! Yay for fun traditions with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great day!
    I love going to the races. How fun to have a race named after Kevin's family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The parade is on my bucket list too!!!
    Sadly not so much my husbands haha!
    Hope you had a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an interesting thanksgiving tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you have to get up way too early to get a good seat to watch the parade. I am so not a morning person, but I think I could do it for this occasion. :) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The family photo taken by Kate is precious! How cool that Kevin's family has a race dedicated to them. Now that Thanksgiving is over I'm counting down the days until Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun experience! i have never been to the horse races.
    your bucket list sounds like it is full!
    the rose parade is on mine. i should add macy's day to it too! what fun would that be!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you guys have the coolest things to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin