3.14.2018

Triple Layer Chocolate Pudding Pie

Happy Pi Day!
March 14th or 3.14 is known as Pi Day.
This is a big deal when you are a math teacher or a math nerd like myself :)
We are having a Pi Day celebration in my classes today and eating pie!

I thought I would share one of my kids favorite pies that I make.
It's super simple & doesn't take much time to make.
Besides my Apple Pie, this is Kate's favorite pie.
It's called Triple Layer Chocolate Pudding Pie which sounds a lot more fancy than it actually is!
Here is what you need:
1 (5.9 oz) box of chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 container of thawed Cool Whip
1 Oreo pie crust (I have used Graham cracker when I make this pie...equally as good!)
 You can also use a pre-made dough crust, but you would need to bake the crust according to package directions before you put in the pie filling.
Chocolate Sprinkles, for garnish

Directions:
Mix container of chocolate pudding with 1 1/2 cups of cold milk. I mix on low for 1 minute.
Scoop 1 cup of pudding mixture into pie crust & spread evenly with a spatula:
Put in fridge for a few minutes while you do the next step.
Add in 1 cup of thawed Cool Whip to the rest of the pudding mixture:

Fold it in until it's all combined:
 
Take pie out of fridge and pour all of the pudding/cool whip mixture into pie:
Put in fridge for 5 minutes.
Take pie out of fridge & add the rest of the Cool Whip to the top of pie:

This is your top layer:

Garnish with sprinkles if you want :)
Cover with the plastic  topper that the crust came with & keep the pie in fridge for 4 hours (or overnight) before serving.

 Now, you are ready to enjoy your  pie!

Look at those layers:
 This pie is so simple, but full of flavor.
 It is really easy to make!
 I love that I can make this the night or day before.
 YUM.

 I hope you love this pie as much as we do. The kids like it with the Oreo crust, but Kevin & I prefer the graham cracker crust.
 Enjoy!
Want more Pie recipes? Here you go:



 Dutch Apple Pie:

Frozen Strawberry Pie:

 Happy Pi Day! 




























2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to love about this recipe! I think my favorite is all of that chocolate! It looks amazing, and I’m craving a generous slice for myself!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin