3.21.2018

Egg, Potato & Cheese Frittata Muffins

With Easter next weekend, I thought I would share one of my favorite brunch items.
It is perfect for Easter Brunch, Mother's Day Brunch, Christmas brunch or breakfast during the week if you want protein.
Sometimes I make these when we have court block parties in the morning. 
They are perfect to make along with my Monkey Bread!
They are delicious and super easy to make!
Here is what you need:
  • 12 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups of milk
  • 2 cups of cheese
  • 1 bag of frozen O'Brien Potatoes, thawed
  • Salt & Pepper, to taste
  • Optional: 6-8 slices of Bacon, cooked & diced (or diced ham or cooked sausage)
Directions:
In a large bowl, crack the 12 eggs, add the milk, salt & pepper.
 Whisk together:

 Add the thawed potoatoes ( I use the O'Brien mix because it has diced onions & bell peppers)
Add in 2 cups of shredded cheese ( I use a Cheddar/Jack mix. You can use any kind of cheese)
I also add in cooked/chopped bacon because we love bacon. You can leave out the bacon & keep them vegetarian. Or you can add diced ham or sausage. Whatever you prefer :)

Give the mixture a big stir:
Spray your muffin tin generously with Pam/Cooking Spray:
Use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the mixture into the muffin tin:
I fill them up to the top:
Bake at 400 for 22-25 minutes:
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
 I use a knife around the edges to get the muffins out of the muffin tin.
This recipe makes 18 Muffins
I love eating these with some Chalula on them.
You could also add fresh salsa or guacamole to the top.
You can make a batch of these for the week if you need a protein packed breakfast.
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge & heat them up in the microwave.
I wrap them up individually in a paper towel, put a few on a plate & heat in microwave for 30-35 seconds.
I hope you love these as much as we do!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can add whatever mix ins you want to the mixture.
I have made these before adding fresh spinach & fresh mushrooms.
 You can add sliced green onions, diced tomoatoes or shredded zuchinni/squash.
You can even add diced green chilies or salsa to the mixture to give them a zip!  
The possibilities are endless :)

If you need other Egg Dish Ideas, here are some other ones I make:


(These don't have potatoes in them)

Along with my Monkey Bread (our family favorite!) these Egg Dishes would be great served with my....
 #givemeallthecarbs ;)
To see more bread/muffin recipes, click HERE for my Recipe Box. 

What are you making/having for Easter Brunch this year?

3 comments:

  1. These look so good. I am going to make them this morning! Always looking for protein breakfast ideas for my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your recipes always look so good. would it be asking too much if you could add a "print" button for those of us who work from a tablet and cannot do a block and print? thank you so much for considering this for your fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look and sound fantastic. I love stuff like this for my breakfast.

    Zia
    Heard about Pasadena Asbestos Lawyer

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin