12.04.2014

Thanksgiving {2014}

 We had a great Thanksgiving this year.
It truly is one of my favorite days.
A day all about food, spending time with family & watching football?
Yes, please.

Our day always starts off my watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
It's not Thanksgiving unless we watch the parade!
One of my bucket list items is to go to NYC and watch the parade in person.
Our family was supposed to go 2 years ago for my mom's 60th birthday, but I ended up getting pregnant with Luke that year & having him in August and my sister had Jack in September, so going to NYC with a 3 month old and a 6 week old (and with the girls who were 4 and 5) during the busiest travel time did not sound fun....so we are postponing our trip until the kids are older. 

Our annual Thanksgiving tradition is to head to Golden Gate Fields to see the horse races.
It was another beautiful day at the races....70 degrees & sunny. Gotta love California :)
One of my favorite things is the breakfast we have in the Turf Club (where we watch the races)
I love watching the races & also watching football on my mini TV :)
I love their Eggs Benedict. And bacon & sausage.
I eat 2 meals on Thanksgiving. This brunch & then dinner. YUM.

You gotta kick off the races with a Bloody Mary. With Bacon in it. YESSSSS.
Kevin's grandparents started this tradition of going to the horse races on Thanksgiving about 50 years ago. So much fun!
Every Thanksgiving, they have a race in their honor. This year it was the 2nd race.

We get to be almost *too* close to the race tracks.
Every year we get to take a picture with the winner jockey of our race. This year, the owners of the horse were there, so they wanted to be in our picture with the horse and jockey. So fun!

It was such a beautiful day, that we spent most of it outside instead of in the Turf  Club.
The jockeys are so nice (and so tiny!)

 Russel Baze is one of the winningest jockeys & he was so nice and always takes a pic with our kids.
My sister in law Cindy & I:
 
Our family on Kevin's side. Love these people.
 This was a crazy year at the races since Luke is SO busy. Kevin spent most of the time there chasing Luke around. Luke loved watching the horses on the Turf Club TV's
 After the races, we headed to my parents house for dinner.
The girls helped my dad Jimmy make the dinner rolls {popovers}
They turned out delicious!
Check out my mom's tomatoes from her garden! Can you believe it...fresh garden tomatoes at the end of November?  I had to document it:

My mom's table:
So much good food. My favorite meal of the year is Thanksgiving Dinner. I love it all.
We have turkey, Sausage Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato Casserole (I make those), Broccoli Salad, Corn Bake & Fresh Cranberry Sauce. YUM.
What do you serve at your Thanksgiving Dinner?

And, good wine (my brother in law's wine, McCay Cellars!) My dad busted out a 39 year old bottle of cab.
After dinner it was more football....the 49ers were playing Seattle. 
It was awful...Seattle kicked our butt.
Dessert was Pumpkin Cheesecake. Recipe  on my blog {HERE}
 It was a wonderful Thanksgiving spent eating good food and spending time with both of our families.  Feeling very thankful this holiday season.

And, it's a Thanksgiving miracle...I was able to get a photo of all 3 kids looking at the camera & smiling!
Do you have any fun Thanksgiving traditions?  
(Or random ones like us going to the horse races?)
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving....and now it's Christmas time....LOVE this time of year! 

12 comments:

  1. Two things, I am always in love with your family's Thanksgiving traditions. I think they are just fabulous! And that last pic of all three of your kids...when did Luke get so big?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those popovers look great! Do you have the recipe for those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the last picture of all three of your cute kiddos! Yes it is SO hard to get a picture with all three looking!
    I always love hearing about your thanksgiving...such a fun tradition of going to the races.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole time I was watching the parade I was wondering if you and your sisters and Mama got to go this year. I love your family traditions and the picture of the kids is Christmas card worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cool that y'all go to a race track as a family. That's a really unique tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous tradition of going to the race track on Thanksgiving! I remember spending my Saturday mornings as a kid at Golden Gate Fields! Russell Baze! Oh my, you just took me back to my childhood! My fave!

    Happy Holidays!

    hugs,
    Jo:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must convey my respect for your kindness giving support to individuals who really need assistance with this one issue. Your real dedication to passing the solution all through had been incredibly effective and have usually encouraged workers just like me to reach their targets. Your personal useful guideline denotes a great deal a person like me and especially to my peers. With thanks; from everyone of us.
    deck handrail height

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pain causes more suffering than anything else in the world. It can ruin your life and make you feel like you're drowning. Nothing relieves back pain faster than Tramadol. In clinical studies, people taking tramadol reported significantly more pain relief one hour after taking the drug than those taking sugar pills or acetaminophen.

    Buy Tramadol 100mg online

    Buy Tramadol Online without Prescription

    Buy tramadol online legally

    Buy tramadol online overnight delivery

    Buy tramadol online

    Order Tramadol Online

    ReplyDelete
  9. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?fall protection equipment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snovitra 20mg can cause side effects like all medications, but it is generally safe for most men.
    Snovitra 20mg(Generic ED Medicine Online Cheap Price)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sildigra CT 7 has a quick onset of action, which makes it an ideal option for those seeking fast relief.
    Sildenafil Soft Chewable 100mg For Men

    ReplyDelete
  12. The prescription drug Snovitra 20mg is used to treat male impotence in patients.Vardenafil (20mg) is the primary active salt utilised in this medication and is intended to treat ed problems.Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is the inability of a man to achieve a hard enough erection for sensual activity. This results in disappointing outcomes in the sensuous sensual activity, which doesn't make you and your partner pleased.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin