1.20.2014

Miscellaneous Monday + A Winner

How about some miscellaneous on this lovely Monday?

 {ONE}
When we were in Lake Tahoe a few weeks ago and saw the most incredible sunset over the Lake. 
This photo doesn't even do it justice. It was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have seen.
The colors were reflecting over the entire lake. Breathtaking.

{TWO}
Kate is turning 7 this week....I can't even believe it!!!!!
Lots of party prep happening.
 I am excited about her party.....guess what the theme is? ;)

 {THREE}
I have been making smoothies this year as a way to eat more fruits & veggies.
This smoothie was amazing! I threw in some almond milk, peanut butter, bananas & spinach/kale mix. You couldn't even taste the veggies. I will have to blog the recipe next time I make it & get the measurements written down.

 {FOUR}
The weather we have had here in California the past month is CRAZY.
It has been in the 70's since Christmas. 
The girls have been wearing short sleeves & flip flops.
It does not feel like January.
Blue skies, warm days...it is messing with my mind.
I keep thinking it is Spring. Which means Summer is almost here.
But, no. It is January. We have many, many more months until Summer. 
See what I mean about the mind tricks? Ha!
But in all seriousness, we need rain...really bad. 
We are in a drought. It is not good!

{FIVE}
All this Spring like warm weather is making me want to shop for Spring/Summer clothes
LOFT is having a HUGE sale right now, save 40% using code GET40
http://bit.ly/10ehbkM
 Click {here} for Loft.

Gap is also having a big sale right now. 
Most styles are up to 60% off and you can get 25% off using code GAPHELLO
Click {here} to shop Gap.

Old Navy is having an online sale also!
Use code SAVEMORE at Old Navy
http://bit.ly/KzlLmi
Click {here} to shop Old Navy.

I know I need to stock up on Spring/Summer clothes for my kids!

{SIX}
Speaking of clothes....mark your calendars...our next Pin-spired link up will be on Friday January 31st (since February 1st is a Saturday)
 Can't wait to see what outfits you link up!

{SEVEN}
My younger sister Rebecca is pregnant with Baby #2 and due in May.
I had a feeling it was going to be a girl. This Fall, I had a dream that she was pregnant with a girl and then the next day she told me she was pregnant!
I wish I would have video tapped my girls reaction when they saw that the inside of the cake was pink. Screaming, Running, Jumping up and down. So fun.

 I had saved 2 bins of my girls baby clothes....special ones or really cute ones that I just couldn't bear to giveaway. I had so much fun going through them last week with my sister. So happy that her little girl will wear some of my girls clothes. Lots of memories in those bins.
Can't wait to meet my new niece in May.
All the cool kids are born in May ;)
{EIGHT}
The winner of the new blog design from Bella Lulu Ink is:
 Lisa Schmidt
Leave me a comment with your email so I can get you in touch with Chelsea!
Congrats on winning the giveaway!
If you didn't win, be sure and check out Chelsea's Etsy shop {here} that has tons of affordable blog designs & templates.

{NINE}
I might be turning into a hippie. Ha!
 I got a starter kit of some Essential Oils and started using them this weekend.
 Hoping the lavender one helps Luke start sleeping better...he has been waking up so much the past month or two...teething is the main culprit but now I think he is just in the habit of waking up. 
I want my good sleeper back!
Anyone else use Essential Oils?

{TEN}
Yesterday my beloved 49ers played in the NFC Championship against Seattle. 
I wore my red lipstick for good luck.
It didn't work. I am so sad they lost. 

This was me before the game...when I was happy & smiling.
 It's almost embarrassing how sad I am about the game. 
I am a really, really, really big sports fan and when my team doesn't win it makes me in a bad mood...which is ridiculous. Why do I care so much? It's just a game. But, ugh. So sad. 
This interview after the game did NOT help my mood. 
I mean REALLY?!?!?!? 
You just beat a team & are going to the Superbowl and all you can talk about in the interview is how terrible your opponents are & disrespecting them? Talk about un-classy.

I was rooting for the Broncos before this interview, but that just sealed the deal.
Gotta cheer on the team from Colorado....part of my heart is in Colorado.
Go Peyton! Go Broncos! 
Who are you rooting for in the Superbowl?
Do you go to a Superbowl party?
I have a handful of appetizers/dips/treats that I will be blogging in the next 2 weeks that will be PERFECT for the Superbowl. (The Superbowl that the 49ers are not in. Waaaaaa)
Stay tuned!

13 comments:

  1. "I might be turning into a hippie." Haha! You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh the game yesterday... What a game but so sad.

    Yes post a smoothie recipe! I always see you Instagram pictures and think I should make one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, I hope you have the best week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your sister!! How fun! I loved your random mix of pics in this post. And yes...go Broncos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need your January weather right now as it is really cold here in Ohio! I'm longing for flip flops :) How fun for you and your sister to go through the girly clothes...I'm sure it brought back sweet memories. LOVE my oils...can't live without them. Lavender does wonders for sleeping. San Fran is my team so I'm sad with you and so annoyed at the ignorant statements that were made. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo of Lake Tahoe is beautiful! I have had the YL oils for about 6 months. I love them, but there is a learning curve. Don't get discouraged if you don't see immediate results - every person is different, so an oil that works for one person, may not work for another. If the lavender doesn't help your son sleep, try the Peace and Calming or Valor. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not huge into football but being from the bay was also rooting for the 49ers. Major bummer. Now my devotion solely goes to Eric Decker with the Broncos. Richard Sherman acted classless and took away the joy of their win by focusing on himself. I would be embarrassed to call him a teammate. Not only did he act like a fool - but now he is going to be remembered for that rant as opposed to how well he played that game. A shame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this post except for the one on Richard Sherman. Seattle Seahawks fan here.... :) Just moments before his interview with Erin Andrews, Sherman ran over to Michael Crabtree to give him a handshake. He then got shoved in the face by Crabtree. That's very un-classy in my opinion too. Sherman definitely should have handled himself better. I agree 100%. I know this is your blog, but I have to stand up for my Seahawks!! Please don't judge a book by it's cover. Richard Sherman is a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops....This should have been from me Emily.....(Mason's wife)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you buy your Essential Oils from? I've been wanting to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm obsessed with the Broncos (given that I live in Denver, and went to the Univ of Tennessee (Peyton's alma mater), this isn't too surprising)! Everyone here wanted the Seahawks to beat the Niners, so consider that a compliment to your beloved team. We didn't want to the play them.

    I love your blog but rarely if ever comment. But when it comes to football, I have to say something. Go Broncos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Young Living oils are amazing! If Lavender doesn't work, try Peace and Calming or Valor. We use our oils everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husbad has been a HUGE 49ers fan since he was a kid, and since becoming married I, of course, have become a fan too! We traveled to SF in Septemeber to the home opener and we were both SO SAD when they lost the game. It's so heart breaking... it will even be hard to watch the Super Bowl now I think! But I'm with you - rooting for Denver all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin