10.21.2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010

Earlier this week, the girls and I (along with Mimi) took our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch!
It was a beautiful Fall day.
The sky was blue, the sun was shining & my girls were in great moods!
For the first time EVER at the pumpkin patch, they agreed to stand by the Pumpkin Patch Measuring Sign.
Neither of them have cooperated with this in years past, so I was glad to FINALLY get a picture of them by this lame sign. ha!
After the girls were "measured" it was time for some pumpkin patch fun!
(like riding on a plastic pony)
Another first for us this year was to actually attempt the corn maze!
Both girls loved running through the corn maze. It was hard & we couldn't find the exit.
And, in typical Kate fashion, here she is grabbing her bottom because she has to go poop, but won't do that in public restrooms, so she holds it until she gets home. Funny girl.
After the corn maze, the girls wanted to go on the "Caterpillar Train"
There are a lot of perks about going to the pumpkin patch in the late afternoon.
One is that there are NO crowds. At all. I think there were maybe 10 cars in the parking lot. We basically had the whole farm/pumpkin patch to ourselves!
The downside of going to the pumpkin patch in the late afternoon is that most of the rides/activities were already shut down for the day. Like this "train" for instance. It was normally pulled by a truck, but not during off peak hours. It just sat there.
The girls didn't seem to mind, they still had fun climbing on the "train".
And, I loved the fact that all the rides/attractions weren't running. That saved me a lot of money!

Next up was the animals, which neither girl was impressed with.
Here is a quote from Kate when she saw this Alpaca.
"Mommy, I do not like that animal. Do not take a picture of it"
Then we headed to the mini pumpkin patch area so I could take our annual pumpkin patch picture.
Click HERE to see 2007 & 2008.
Click HERE to see 2009

Well, let's just say my children wouldn't sit still for a picture (shocker).
Claire was much more interested in picking up all the pumpkins.
She also tried throwing them, but I nixed that after her first attempt. Crazy Claire!
I wish you could have heard Kate while I was taking this picture.
Kate was screaming, "Mommy! Stop taking my picture!"
So, I obliged (for a few minutes at least) and took pictures of all the fun pumpkins & gourds!
I love these Cinderella pumpkins...
These funky pumpkin/squash are fun:
Kate's favorite is the baby pumpkins:
I love the the small baby pumpkins:
Kate also liked to sit on all the pumpkins, as you can tell by her smile!
Here's Claire trying to pick up another pumpkin!
Our last picture of the day & it is my favorite!
We had a great time at the Pumpkin Patch.
It's one of my favorite places to go during the Fall!
By the way....have I mentioned how much I love Pumpkins & the Fall?

18 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I'm your newest follower and you have a beautiful family! I love trips to the pumpkin patch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have yet to make it to the pumpkin patch this year-- I wonder how late is too late...

    That last picture is great! Love the girls in their adorable shirts sitting in the wagon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures! I admire your photography skills. Love all the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pumpkin patch pics! Adorable girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls are gorgeous and getting so big. How funny about Kate always "holding" it.

    I think Claire and Colin would be buddies

    ReplyDelete
  6. you captured so many great photos! what a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet girls, sweet pictures! I love the pumpkin patch! The pic of them walking through the corn maze is dreamy! A great tradition...

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay you got an awesome picture at the end. cute girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your girls are precious. We went to the Dallas Arboretum this weekend and the boys played in the pumpkins. Your photos are terrific, but you couldn't take a bad photo of such precious little girls! My boys could hardly sit still long enough for a photo. They loved playing in the pumpkins so much. I need to do a post with our photos from this weekend soon. This is my favorite time of year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like so much fun! your girls are SO precious. and these pictures are great...you are quite the photographer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable!

    i have been watching the project 320 blog, i have large mops group here @ our church in upstate new york...how can we help?

    ReplyDelete
  12. am LOVING being back on the east coast for the Fall!!!

    Most beautiful time of the year

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super fun day!!! We only have parking lot bounce house filled pumpkin "patches". Not the same. But no weird alpacas, so win?

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the pumpkin patch. some how we went to 4 i think this year and i didn't get a lot of great pictures in the patch. great pictures as always mel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pumpkin patch pics Mel! I love that last one of the girls. Looks like the lighting was just right for some fun fall pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't get over how much Kate and Malea are alike. I swear I read your blog and when you talk about Kate - you could've been writing about Malea. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin