1.20.2009

Inauguration Day

Today was a historic day for our country.
Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States.
I will always remember where I was watching the 2009
Inauguration.

Where were you watching?

I was in my classroom with my 1st period Pre-Algebra class.
My principal sent us an email on Friday saying we could (& should) have the
Inauguration on our classroom TV's. YAY!

So this morning I sat in my classroom watching history take place.

First, I witnessed some students in my PUBLIC school classroom bowing their heads in prayer while watching the invocation of the
Inauguration.
And, the Lord's prayer was even said at the end of the invocation. I had chills.

Secondly, I witnessed (via CNN) our nation's first African American President get sworn into office. It brought tears to my eyes.

Thirdly, all 29 of the 7th grade students in my class were silent & glued to the TV for over 18 minutes as Obama was sworn in & gave his speech.

I watched the Inauguration ceremony & events in my 1st & 2nd periods.
I was shocked that some teachers chose not to have it on!?!
History was being made & I couldn't deny my students the opportunity to watch it.
Inauguration trumped any math lesson I had for them,
I will be able to catch them up during the week.

Kate took a 3 hour nap today & was able to watch more coverage & watch the parade to the White House down Pennsylvania Avenue.

My roommate from college Hiwot was at
Inauguration.
What an amazing thing for her to experience. She is African-American and the day after election day, she told me she didn't think there would be an African American President in her lifetime. I am so proud for her that she was able to be at
Inauguration today.

One of Kevin's college roommates was also at
Inauguration today.
He is a professional photographer & got some great pictures of Obama.
(Bill was the photographer for Arnold Schwarzenegger for 2 years).
Bill has pictures on his website. And, Bill's wife Jen, also posted pictures from
Inauguration on their family blog, click HERE.
(Or click on Foster Funnies to the left on my Blog Roll)

I "Obama-fied" Kate & Claire!


I made the pictures on Obamicon Me.
It is a fun site!

5 comments:

  1. You are the best! I have to Obama-ize my kids! That's great! I think we should now call Bill the "Obamanator", whatcha think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are great pictures that he took. What an honor to get to go! My husband's grandfather had a plane ticket to go and then realized that all flights were sold out for a week coming home and he didn't want to stay a week. He really wanted to be there!

    I love the girl's Obama-ized pictures. That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Thank You Very much Doctor Otonokpo for making my ex boyfriend come back to me. I am Cordelia Sandra from Brazil and i am putting this testimony here too because i want to share my testimony of how i was helped by Doctor Otonokpo within 48 hours of contacting him. Yes, it was last week my ex boyfriend returned to me after i contacted Doctor Otonokpo. My boyfriend was always going back to meet his ex girlfriend because he never really left her. Her name was Sophie. I didn't know how it happened one day after breakfast that i saw him looking at his ex girlfriend's picture on Facebook and I flared at him that he doesn't care about him and he was with me and still thinking about his ex although we have been dating for 6 months. He stormed at me and left the house and never returned. I was heartbroken and wanted him to come back. I was in a nightclub with friend one evening that I saw him with Sophie there, I was humiliated that night and I regretted going there only to see him there. I went online after some days and found Doctor Otonokpo and read about him and I contacted him to help me get him back. I must say that within 48 hours, my boyfriend came back to me and pleaded for leaving me. Is this how spell works so fast? Please, if you want help, contact Doctor Otonokpo too to help you at otonokpotemple@gmail.com
    Call/WhatsApp +2348114129781

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did everything to get him back but nothing worked.

    I contacted a relationship doctor i saw online.

    I told the relationship doctor everything that happened,

    He promised to fix my relationship.

    My relationship was restored just as promised,

    My Ex-boyfriend is back and promised never to leave me again

    I am the happiest lady on earth,

    Never too late to fix your broken heart.

    You can still get your lover back...

    Fix broken relationship/marriage...

    I WILL RECOMMEND YOU TO CONTACT

    :[[ Robinsonbuckler11 ]] @gmail com_____________________

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin